For those of you who are fond of black tea drinks, you might want to consider taking green tea as a part of your habit of drinking tea; there must be some reasons why green tea good to be included into your healthy diet.
Here we will find out more about green tea, especially the benefits of green tea for skin and hair. Green tea is quite popular in Asia; initially, it originated from China and had been used over the centuries for many medicinal purposes, ranging from headaches, depression and digestive problems.
It is no wonder that green tea has become a favorite for most people around the world because they can take many health benefits from green tea. Just by taking green tea on a regular basis, someone will get a number of benefits whether in terms of health or beauty. Therefore green tea is widely used as an ingredient in therapy.
Research indicated that green tea is a rich source of amino acids, enzymes, and phytochemicals such as polyphenols. Also, it contains folate, potassium, manganese, magnesium, caffeine and vitamin B. It also acts as a natural antioxidant to fight free radicals.
Beauty Benefits of Green Tea for Skin and Hair
You may be able to imagine that green tea provides a myriad of health benefits if someone takes it regularly. However, the benefits do not stop here, that green tea also has an incredible benefits for skin and hair.
Apparently, it is able to improve your overall beauty, either internally and externally as well as improve your healthy hair. Here are some of the benefits of green tea for skin and hair.
Treats Acne and Dark Spots
It is very annoying if acne and pimples decorate your face, and treat acne and acne scars is an easy task for green tea. It helps fight bacteria that cause acne because the content of Catechins present in green tea is a great anti-bacterial agent.
In addition, green tea also contains anti-inflammatory properties which is useful to reduce redness and inflammation due to acne. Green tea has also worked effectively to diminish acne scars and dark spots due to acne and pimples.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea – sufficiently. (ii) Rice flour – sufficiently. (iii) Water – sufficiently.
- Mix the brewed tea and water for each of ¼ cup, dip a cotton ball and place it on the affected area.
- Leave for 10 minutes and rinse with water afterwards, repeat twice a day to get rid of acne.
- You need two tablespoons of crushed green tea and some rice flour to get rid of acne scars.
- Add a small amount water and apply the mixture to scrub your face for 5 minutes. Wait for 20 minutes and rinse with water.
Works as Facial Toner
You need a toner to draw out dirt, making the skin glow and reduce large pores. Green tea, on the other hand, contains powerful antioxidants and acts as a natural toner and keep skin hydrated in one application which is essential for skin health.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea – sufficiently. (ii) Essential oil – sufficiently. (iii) Spray bottle – clean one (optional).
- Simply brew a cup green tea or more, and allow it to cool at room temperature. Add a few drops of essential oil.
- You can place the solution in a spray bottle and apply on your face if necessary.
- Otherwise, dip a cotton ball and apply on your face regularly.
Increases Hair Growth
Green tea is rich in antioxidant properties, which in turn help to stimulate the growth of healthy hair. It works by stimulating hair follicles, whereas vitamin E content from the green tea keeps the moisture in the hair.
Catechin compounds present in green tea is also beneficial to inhibit DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), which became one of the reasons of hair loss.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea bags – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
- Boil a glass of water, and place a green tea bag in boiling water, allow to steep for a few minutes and then let it cool.
- Apply tea on damp hair to rinse hair and allow it to stay for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with water and repeat every two or three times a week to stimulate hair growth.
- Remember to enjoy a cup of green tea for having strong and beautiful hair.
Remove Puffy Eyes
Puffy eyes is an indicative of exhaustion, people with puffy eyes showing enlargement of small blood vessels under the eyes. However, green tea contains antioxidants and tannins that may help reduce swelling under the eyes, whereas the vitamin K present in green tea helps to lighten dark circles under the eyes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea – two bags. (ii) Refrigerator – working one.
- You may put two green tea bags in the fridge and leave for about 30 minutes.
- Place the cold tea bags over closed eyelids and wait for 15 minutes to reduce puffiness.
- Repeat this treatment twice a day to reduce swelling of eyes.
Exfoliation is necessary to maintain smoothness and eliminates the buildup of dead skin cells that may clog the pores of your skin and cause dark and dry skin. Green tea has a slightly rough texture that can help in the process of exfoliation.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea – sufficiently. (ii) Sugar – one cup. (iii) Olive oil – ½ cup. (iv) Raw honey – two tablespoons.
- Mix all the ingredients of one tablespoon of dried green tea, a cup of sugar, ½ cup of olive oil and two tablespoons of honey.
- Apply the mixture on your face or body, and gently rub in a circular motion for several minutes. Rinse with warm water afterwards.
- Alternatively, brew green tea bag and allow it to cool. Mix one tablespoon of green tea with two tablespoons of sugar. Use the mixture to scrub your skin.
- Repeat the peeling process once or twice a week. You may use rice flour instead of sugar.
Enhance Complexion of Skin
Green tea is known as a great assistant in the rejuvenation of the skin; thus it is very effective in healing blemishes and scars as well inflammation. It is also useful for improving skin complexion and improve skin elasticity.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea – two bags. (ii) Honey – sufficiently. (iii) Lemon juice – a small amount.
- Take out the contents of green tea bags and mixed with two teaspoons of raw honey.
- Add a couple of lemon juice and stir well. Apply the mixture on your face evenly, gently massage in a circular motion.
- Allow it to stay for about 20 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Apply this mask twice a week.
Reduce Signs of Aging
Having signs of aging is a big problem for most people. They are worried about their skin that began to develop some signs of aging such as age spots, wrinkles, sagging skin, sun damage and fine lines, and trying hard to cover up these signs.
Luckily, if you come up with green tea, you will find an easy solution that can reduce signs of aging. Thanks to the antioxidant and anti-aging properties present in green tea.
The content of polyphenols in green tea work to fight free radicals that could potentially cause damage to the skin that leads to the aging process.
Ingredients you need: (i) Yogurt – three tablespoons. (ii) Green tea – one tablespoon. (iii) Turmeric powder – some.
- Mix one tablespoon of ground green tea, some turmeric powder and three tablespoons of plain yogurt. Mix evenly to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face evenly and wait for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water afterwards. Repeat once or twice a week.
- If you have dry skin, mix one tablespoon of Matcha green tea and ½ teaspoon each of water and coconut oil.
- Apply the paste on your face thoroughly and allow it to dry completely. Rinse with warm water. Repeat the process at least twice a week.
Shrinks Large Pores
For people with large pores, applying green tea can help in shrinking the pores. Large pores potentially cause clogged pores resulting from accumulation of debris on the surface of the skin.
This condition can lead to more severe problems such as acne and pimples. Astringent and antioxidant properties present in green tea will help to achieve this purpose and tighten the skin in a single application.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea – sufficiently. (ii) Bentonite clay – two tablespoons.
- Brew a cup of green tea and let it to cool. Mix a few tablespoons of bentonite clay and two tablespoons of green tea to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face uniformly, especially areas with large pores. Allow the paste to dry out perfectly.
- Peel-off this mask with warm water. Do not forget to drink green tea to flush the toxins out of your digestive.
Excessive sun exposure can cause skin damage, so you need excellent protection from the sun. Green tea contains ingredients necessary to protect the skin against UV rays from the sun.
Several essential ingredients such as polyphenols, tannic acid, and theobromine present in green tea, helps soothe and heal skin burns due to exposure to UV rays out of the sun.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea – sufficiently.
- Take two or three green tea bags and brew them in a cup of boiling water. Put the green tea in the refrigerator and leave it for a few minutes or more.
- Soak a cotton or soft cloth into the green tea and apply to sunburned areas.
- Follow this application two or three times a day to reduce redness and inflammation due to sunlight.
Create a Shiny Hair
It is useless if you have long hair but with experiencing dry and dull hair. You need to make your hair shiny for perfect beauty. Application of green tea on your hair can make hair shiny because it contains panthenol and vitamin E and C while keeping your hair conditioned.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea – a few bags.
- Place two or three green tea bags into a glass of hot water and let it steep for approximately one hour.
- While the solution is cold, immediately wet your hair and use the green tea to rinse your hair. Wait for 10 minutes and shampoo as usually.
- Rinse your hair with cold water and repeat this process at least twice a week to get the shiny hair.
Therefore, if you want a smooth, clear and tight skin at the same time have a thick and healthy hair. One of the secrets is to use green tea for skin and hair care.