Nobody can fight ageing. As age increases, it means many changes may took place in a person’s body either internally or externally. You may see the most noticeable changes is on the skin. A decrease in collagen production occurs as we age. It affects the skin layers which result in the formation of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin.
Apart of age, the reason behind the appearance of wrinkles on the skin are also influenced by many factors, ranging from lifestyle, harsh environment, food intake, lack of vitamin E, genetic factors and etc. can have an impact on the skin.
Nowadays, people in their 30s can be affected by this issue or known as premature wrinkles, and it is different from a few decades ago, it is not surprising as the time goes by can affect many things in human life.
Wrinkles and fine lines make someone strive to turn away from a mirror. They appear mostly on the face, back of hands, neck and forearms. The facial skin suffers more as a result of aging, as it is more sensitive to sun exposure and quite exposed area, which is reflected in age spots, sagging and wrinkles.
Although the fine lines and wrinkles are part of the natural aging process, they become a nightmare for some people, especially if it is premature wrinkles. Changing the lifestyle and find the appropriate treatment for preventing further wrinkles and reverse the wrinkling process is a tough task, but that’s why we’re here, isn’t it?
Natural Home Remedies to Remove Wrinkles
If you have been struggling to get rid of those fine lines, don’t worry; you will be surprised to know many natural home remedies that can definitely help you in reducing wrinkles, preventing the new formation, restore your skin’s elasticity and get rid of the fine lines. Here we will give you the natural solutions that can easily be found in your comfort home.
Aloe Vera to Reduce Wrinkles
This plant provides tremendous benefits in nurturing skin’s beauty. It is rich in malic acid and known as a natural astringent, which has moisturizing and firming properties to encourage the skin’s elasticity and helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera – sufficiently. (ii) Vitamin E capsules – sufficiently.
- Simply rub the gel from aloe leaf extract to the area affected by wrinkles and fine lines on your skin. Wait for about 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water afterward.
- You can also mix the content of a vitamin E capsule and one teaspoon of aloe vera gel, mix evenly. Apply the mixture to the area of skin wrinkles on your body, either on the face or anywhere else.
- Wait for half an hour and rinse off thoroughly with warm water.
Aloe Vera, Honey and Eggs
One single aloe vera necessarily sufficient to overcome the wrinkles, it gives a good effect on your skin, but by adding honey and eggs, they can also help for getting rid of dead skin cells and firming your skin at once.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera – two stalks. (ii) Honey – one tablespoon. (iii) Egg white – one.
- Take the extract of aloe vera, add honey and egg white; blender all the ingredients to form a smooth porridge.
- Apply the porridge thinly on your face and wait for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off your face with warm water. This facial cream provides moisture and gets rid of wrinkles fast.
Lemon Juice to Reduce Wrinkles
The abundant content of citric acid and vitamin C present in lemon is powerful elements to develop a healthy and youthful skin free from wrinkles. Your body requires sufficient intake of vitamin C, as it acts as an antioxidant that encourages the skin to develop collagen which has a major role in tightening wrinkles and open pores.
While citric acid is a powerful exfoliating agent and astringent, which works to cleanse the dead skin cells, diminish blemishes and wrinkles as well as other signs of aging such as dark circles and fine lines.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon juice – sufficiently. (ii) Yogurt – one teaspoon. (iii) Honey – one teaspoon. (iv) Vitamin E oil – one teaspoon.
- You can apply thoroughly from a small amount of lemon juice to the area of face and your neck.
- Gently rub and allow it for 10 minutes then rinse off with warm water. Perform this method twice daily.
- You may also add a teaspoon of honey, vitamin E oil, and yogurt into a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix evenly in a container and spread thoroughly, leave it for 20 minutes before washing your face.
Olive Oil to Reduce Wrinkles
Olive oil is rich in nutrients that are excellent for keeping skin’s elasticity. It is used as a massage oil for the skin, and a natural source of potent antioxidant which embodied in vitamins A and E to fight free radicals. It also penetrates deep into the skin and retains its moisture as well as provide long-term protection.
Ingredients you need: (i) Olive oil – sufficiently. (ii) Honey – sufficiently. (iii) Glycerin – sufficiently.
- Perform regular massage on the affected area of the skin to repair, moisturize and regenerate the skin cells.
- You can also make a facial oil that consists of one teaspoon each of olive oil, glycerin, and honey.
- Apply it on your skin while gently massage thoroughly, perform for twice a day to help tighten your skin and getting rid of dead skin cells.
Olive Oil and Pineapple
Pineapple is rich in essential nutrients for the body, one of them is vitamin C, and it helps encourage the skin to restore its elasticity, as vitamin C acts as an antioxidant to fight free radicals.
Another essential ingredient of pineapple is bromeliads, or often referred to as a “natural digestive enzyme”. It works cleanse the dead skin cells and encourages the development of new skin cells.
Ingredients you need: (i) Fresh pineapple slices – one cup. (ii) Olive oil – four tablespoons.
- Enter the pineapple slices into a blender. Add the olive oil and mash to form a smooth porridge.
- Apply the mask to the areas affected by wrinkles, and it can be on the face, neck or other body parts.
- Leave for 20 minutes then rinse off with warm water afterward.
Pineapple to Reduce Wrinkles
As described previously, the pineapple helps retain moisture and promotes elasticity of the skin, as well as a removal agent for dead skin cells. Pineapple itself can be used to tighten sagging skin without any additional mixture from other ingredients.
Ingredients you need: (i) Fresh pineapple – sufficiently.
- Rub gently from a slice of pineapple over the affected skin area. Wait for 20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Take the juice from a green pineapple and apply on the affected skin wrinkles. Wait for 15 minutes and wash your face with cold water.
Note » This remedy is also good for removing the dark circles around the eyes.
Fenugreek to Reduce Wrinkles
Most people use fenugreek for seasoning ingredient in the kitchen; however, fenugreek is a miracle plant that was classified as one of the best remedies to improve overall health. Fenugreek is not only rich in vitamins but more than that it is the source of almost all the essential minerals for the body.
The body can easily absorb the vitamins and minerals content of fenugreek; thus, the seeds, leaves, and oil of fenugreek are very useful to counteract various skin problems. It also works to eliminate wrinkles and fine lines when it applied regularly.
Ingredients you need: (i) Fenugreek leaves or seeds – sufficiently. (ii)
- Take a handful of fresh fenugreek leaves which have been prepared. Grind the leaves for a few minutes and add a little water to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and leave it overnight, wash your face with warm water in the morning.
- Boil a bowl of water and add a few fenugreek seeds, drain and cool the water, use the water to wash off your face.
- You can also apply fenugreek oil on the affected area of wrinkles, use as needed.
Almonds to Reduce Wrinkles
Almond is one kind of super food that is rich in essential nutrients and provides a profound effect on overall health. You can find some important elements to support your health, such as iron, vitamin E, fiber, calcium, folic acid and oleic acid. All of them is a great combination in delaying the aging process and eliminate wrinkles.
Ingredients you need: (i) Almonds – sufficiently. (ii) Raw milk – one cup.
- Put some almonds into a cup of raw milk and leave overnight. Peel the skin of almonds in the morning, and grind into a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin, including under the eyes to eliminate dark circles at once.
- Wait for 30 minutes and wash with warm water afterward. Perform this method every day or three times a week.
- You can use almond oil instead and apply on the affected area to reduce the aging effects.
Bananas to Reduce Wrinkles
Eat bananas regularly, provides a significant impact on overall health. It loaded with essential nutrients such as minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Thus, all the essential ingredients of a banana can be utilized to encourage the production of new skin cells as well as for removing the wrinkles and fine lines.
Ingredients you need: (i) Banana – two ripes. (ii) Avocado – ½ ripe. (iii) Honey – a small amount
- Make a smooth paste of the ripe banana and apply on the affected skin of wrinkles.
- Wait for about half an hour and rinse off with warm water. Follow by applying a little skin moisturizer.
- You can also mix one banana and avocado with a slight honey, finely crushed ingredients to form a thick paste.
- Apply on your face and wait for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
Note » Apply this method twice a week to rejuvenate the skin and eliminate wrinkles, and you may have the new skin that looks younger.
Banana and Papaya Mask
Papaya, on the other hand, contains an important enzyme that helps remove dead skin cells to be replaced with the new ones.
Ingredients you need: (i) Banana – sufficiently. (ii) Papaya – sufficiently.
- Mix the pieces of the banana and papaya as necessary. Mashed to form a smooth paste.
- Apply on the face evenly and wait for 20 minutes. Wash off your face with warm water afterward.
Note » Men are more effective in getting the benefits of this mask.
Carrots to Reduce Wrinkles
Carrot is the best natural source of vitamin A, around 210% of the daily requirement of vitamin A for an adult can be retrieved from carrots. Moreover carrots also provide 6% of vitamin C, 2% of iron needs, and 2% of calcium needs for each portion.
These vegetables have a beta-carotene antioxidant that makes the color of carrot looks bright orange. During the digestive process, the beta-carotene turns into vitamin A. When applied on the skin, it encourages the collagen production for maintaining the elasticity and smoothness of the skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Carrots – three larges. (ii) Honey – sufficiently.
- Soften the three large carrots into the boiling water. Puree, the carrot to form a smooth paste and add a little honey.
- Apply on your face evenly, and leave for half an hour. Wash your face thoroughly with warm water afterward.
- You can also make the carrot juice plus a small amount of honey, use it to wash your face every morning and evening.
Note » Do not forget to include carrots in your daily diet.
Vitamin E to Reduce Wrinkles
Vitamin E is an element that is friendly to the skin; the skin cell membranes can absorb the vitamin E elements with ease. It is excellent for promoting healthy skin by repairing the damaged skin as a result of the reaction between oxygen and fatty acids.
Moreover, the vitamin E is also very useful in preventing the formation of wrinkles. For this purpose, you can obtain the vitamin E in capsule form in herbal stores or pharmacy.
Ingredients you need: (i) Vitamin E – three capsules. (ii) Yogurt – two teaspoons. (iii) Honey – ½ of teaspoon. (iv) Lemon juice – ½ of teaspoon.
- Prepare a small bowl, fill it with all the ingredients you prepared. Do not forget to take the oil from the capsules of vitamin E.
- Apply on your face evenly and wait for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water afterward.
Coconut Oil to Reduce Wrinkles
The possibility of getting fine lines and wrinkles is unlikely, once your skin is well-hydrated. For having the skin moist and hydrated, coconut oil is the solution.
It is known as an excellent natural moisturizer, therefore, only by using coconut oil, you do not need other ingredients anymore to make your skin hydrated and free from wrinkles.
Ingredients you need: (i) Coconut oil – sufficiently. (ii)
- You can apply coconut oil on the affected area of skin wrinkles and leave it overnight, wash in the morning.
- After you have finished bathing, you can apply coconut oil to your body just before you dry up your body.
- Allow a few minutes then wash your body with water once again without applying the soap.
- Pat dry your body with a towel eventually, the wet skin can absorb moisture properly.
Avocado Mask to Reduce Wrinkles
Avocado contains lots of vitamin E and monounsaturated fat; it is a source of natural anti-aging elements that you can use to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines and obtain a remarkable result for your skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Avocado – ½ of it. (ii) Flaxseeds – two teaspoons. (iii) Honey – one tablespoon. (iv) Fresh cream – two tablespoons.
- Grind the flaxseeds to form a fine powder. Put it into a bowl and add the avocado flesh, honey and fresh cream.
- Stir the mixture well and apply on the face or affected area of the skin wrinkles. Wait for half an hour and wash off with warm water afterward.
Note » Using this mask can moisturize your skin all the time, and the regular usage may lead to an exceptional result.
Chamomile Tea to Reduce Wrinkles
Chamomile tea is a natural tonic that widely used to restore the skin condition. It also helps eliminate wrinkles and dirt buildup as a result of activities throughout the day.
Ingredients you need: (i) Chamomile tea – one cup. (ii) Rose water – 100ml. (iii) Sandalwood oil – two drops.
- Boil a cup of water and add two tablespoons of dried chamomile. Strain the water and let stand to cool the water.
- Add the rose water and sandalwood oil and mix evenly. Soak cotton in the solution and gently rub around the face. Keep the soaking water in an airtight container for the next day usage.
Note » For ideal usage, apply the tonic morning and night.
Dietary for Preventing Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Did you know, though wrinkles and fine lines are more visible outside the body, yet inside of the body is actually the most cause of them?
Therefore, providing essential dietary intake may encourage the skin to generate the collagen in rejuvenating and maintaining the elasticity of your skin. Below are some food remedies you can eat to counter further wrinkles.
Foods with Elements to Fight Wrinkles
- Oily fish – sardines, tuna, salmon.
- Tea – green and white tea.
- Fresh vegetables – tomatoes, ginger, cucumbers and onions.
- Fresh fruits – avocado, pineapple, watermelon, papaya, berries, grapes etc.
- Soy foods – use within reasonable limits.
- Grains – wheat, oats, and brown rice.
- Nuts – almonds, peanuts, walnuts, and lentils.
- Protein foods – liver and eggs.
- Seeds – flaxseed, sunflower oil, and seeds.
Drinking Lots of Fluids
They are foods rich in antioxidants, phytoceramide, some minerals like selenium and copper, protein, omega-3 fatty acid, isoflavones (plant compounds), vitamin A in the form of retinol, vitamin E and C, mono-unsaturated fat and iron etc. For a complete illustration, you can read the following list of foods which you can obtain all of those contents.
Yes, fluid is not food, but still, it is one of the diets and simple remedy that are very effective to get rid of wrinkles. The lack of fluids, makes the body loses its moisture, resulting in the skin looks dry and wrinkled. Drink plenty of water may keep the body well-hydrated and help your overall health.
Keeping your fluid intake by drinking 8 glasses a day is enough if you do not run a heavy work, otherwise, when you go to the gym or run activities that emit lots of fluids, you should drink more water to substitute the fluids lost. Regardless of water, you may also meet your fluid intake from fruits, juice or hot soup (not included with cola and soda).
Additional Tips When Dealing with Wrinkles
Consider the following tips, some of them may have become a habit for you, and you need to lessen or even to stop it. Some habits occur because of ignorance, thus by knowing it first may help you achieve a glowing and healthy skin.
Stay away from smoking
Choosing the right sleep position
Managing your stress
Reduce exposure to the sun
Apply vitamin E moisturizer
Well it may be very hard for you at first, but smoking may damage the collagen and lead to premature wrinkles.
Like sleeping on your back, as it prevents sleep lines that gradually turn into wrinkles.
As the buildup of stress lead to premature aging. You can do yoga, meditation or exercise. Go to a psychologist can help you find the root cause of the stress.
You cannot avoid the sun, especially for those who often do outdoor activities, by using protective clothing such as umbrellas, hats or sunscreen can prevent your skin from dryness and wrinkles.
Facial movements such as squinting and frowning can stimulate the facial muscles strength resulting in reduces the fine lines.
Vitamin E retains moisture and elasticity of the skin, use this moisturizer twice a day to get rid of wrinkles for a long time.
These are some home remedies that have proven effective to help you achieve your goals. Use one or a combination of several solutions to prevent wrinkles permanently, and get younger looking skin for years to come.