Beauty is not objects, not in person, not in the eyes of the beholder. It lies deep in the heart of every person who reflected as a glow on someone’s face. We radiate beauty, not only comes from skin deep, it can go further than that. However, the skin is a natural expression of beauty and becomes the most visible in the eyes.
Both matter and spirit are the elements to form a whole person, thus we know that the skin is not only a layer that is most visible from the outside but more than that, it is full of life activities such other organs that need to be addressed in order to stay healthy.
The surface layer of skin peeled off naturally, and it makes the skin renewed itself every day. However, this process slows down as we age, resulting in a buildup of dead skin cells are difficult to remove naturally. Therefore, to acquire glowing skin, it needs to be an extra treatment to remove these dead skin cells.
Effective Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
You need several treatments which should not only addressing the physical needs to achieve a healthy skin. It should also reveal the secrets of how to make every cell of skin pulsate and glowing from within.
Many people buy more products to make their skin glowing and beautiful, but these products have many limitations as they work only for a while, but home remedies can do wonders for your skin, it returns sparkle and charm of your skin, even in a short time. So give them a try!
Egg Pack for Glowing Skin
In each beauty therapy, egg becomes an inseparable part of skin exfoliating agent. Despite its stinging smell, there is always a good reason for an egg to helps prevent wrinkles, get a glowing and younger looking skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Eggs – one. (ii) Yogurt – ten tablespoons.
- Take an egg and beat it until frothy and fluffy, add yogurt as much as 10 tablespoons and stir well again.
- Apply the dough on your face and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse off with clean water afterward. Do not forget to apply moisturizer on your face.
Note » You may add two drops of lavender or tea tree oil to reduce the egg’s smell. This routine helps for cleansing the smooth lines, impurities and spots on your face.
Lemon for Glowing Skin
Having vital ingredients and exceptional properties to generate glowing skin and perfect hair, is the main reason of lemon as an ally for experiencing natural beauty. Lemon is rich in vitamin C, works as a great anti-tanning that releases the substance for whitening dark spots and gets rid of the stains.
It also cleans the dead skin cells and excess oil that turns it into an ally to get glowing skin and improve facial appearance. For individuals who have oily skin, lemon is a great help.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon – sufficiently. (ii) Honey – optional.
- Squeeze the lemon and extract its juice completely. Add a single tablespoon of honey if necessary.
- Apply the solution to the dark areas on your face, and you should moisten your face first.
- Let stand for 10 or 15 minutes and then wash with cold water. Either lemon or honey works as a natural bleaching and gives the skin glow.
Note » Avoid skin from sun exposure is a must, otherwise it can leave stains. Apply this method at night if you are hit by a bustle in daytime.
Avocado Mask for Glowing Skin
Besides edible, the avocado is a shortcut for those who want glowing skin. Natural ingredients contained in avocado provide various benefits for health and beauty.
Vitamin A in avocado known to be useful for removing blemishes, while vitamin E and Omega-3 fatty acids possessed by avocado encourage the skin to radiate from within.
Ingredients you need: (i) Avocado – one mashed.
- Make a paste of mashed avocado. Apply the paste on your face, especially the dark areas of the face.
- Allow the mask to dry on your face and rinse with cold water afterward. Let the mask gives a glowing and soft texture on your skin.
Oatmeal Scrub for Glowing Skin
We recognize oatmeal as a natural remedy for those who have cardiovascular problems, but what contained in the oatmeal is also excellent when it comes to skin care. It helps to remove impurities, heals irritation, and dull skin. It is a great scrubber to get a smooth and radiant complexion.
Ingredients you need: (i) Oatmeal – ½ cup. (ii) Turmeric – sufficiently. (iii) Lemon juice – sufficiently.
- Prepare the ½ cup of oatmeal and pour a little warm water to form a slurry. Add a few drops of lemon juice simultaneously with a little bit of turmeric.
- Apply the paste on your face or skin, especially the dark areas. Allow the paste dries out after a few minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water to take off the mask, following with cold water afterward.
Potato Scrub for Glowing Skin
The potato is the simplest way to get all the goodness of nature for your skin. The mineral content of potato in the form of Potassium, Phosphorus and Sulfur is excellent for the skin health.
It works as a natural scrub that encourages the regeneration of dead skin cells faster, thus it turns out your skin to soft and glowing.
Ingredients you need: (i) Potato – raw one. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
- Grate a potato to get a smooth consistency and mix with a small amount of water into it. Apply the grated potatoes on your face while gently massage on the skin.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes then rinse off with cold water. Apply moisturizer on your face afterward.
Note » You can also apply the juice of potato extract on your skin to get the same effect.
Nothing can beat sandalwood in making the skin fairer. You may find this old home remedy in most beauty products available, which are generally sold in the form of soaps, powders, masks, creams and hand soaps.
Despite sandalwood has a strong scent, yet it has been known as a natural bleaching agent and helps prevent premature aging as well.
Ingredients you need: (i) Sandalwood powder – two tablespoons. (ii) Rose water – sufficiently. (iii) Turmeric powder – one teaspoon.
- Mix the sandalwood and turmeric powder, add a few drops of rose water to form a thick paste.
- Apply it on your face, especially the dark areas. Massage gently with circular motions to shed the dead skin cells.
- Let stand for 15 minutes and rinse well with cold water. Apply a light moisturizer afterward.
Tomato for Glowing Skin
Most people use tomato as kitchen spice and flavoring or turn it into a refreshing tomato juice. Besides edible, tomato is also used as a natural ingredient for facial mask, though less popular than other masks, the efficacy of tomato mask provides the same effect as other types of mask.
Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and lycopene which helps counteract the free radicals. It also works as a lightening agent, absorbs excess oil and tightens open pores on the skin. Thus it becomes a great ally to get glowing skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tomato – sufficiently. (ii) Yogurt – two tablespoons. (iii) Oatmeal – two tablespoons.
- Make a slurry of tomato by a considerable amount. Apply the slurry on your skin, especially the face and dark areas.
- Leave for 15 minutes then rinse with cold water. Apply moisturizer on your face.
- For more powerful potion, mix one tablespoon of tomato juice plus two tablespoons of yogurt and oatmeal. Mix evenly to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your face, choose dark areas or black spots. Wait for 15 minutes until the mask dries up. Clean up your face with cold water and apply a light moisturizer afterward.
Aloe Vera Gel
When it comes to the natural skin lightening, we cannot abandon this type of leaves. It has been used for a variety of beauty care for many generations, ranging from hair to skin problems.
Aloe vera works either as a moisturizer or a natural cleanser that promotes soft, clean and glowing skin. Mild laxative properties of aloe vera is also effective in removing dirt buildup in the clogged pores.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently. (ii) Lemon juice – a few drops.
- Take the gel from aloe vera extract and add a bit of lemon juice. Apply gel on your face or your skin while gently massage evenly.
- Let stand for 15 minutes to allow the mask absorbed completely by the pores. Rinse your face with cold water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply a light moisturizer on your skin afterward.
Carrot and Berries
It is no coincidence that experts pick carrot for beauty treatments. Carrot is rich in many nutritional sources that make it popular as an essential nutrient for your body.
In the world of beauty, carrot contributes all its kindness for the skin. The coloring beta-carotene as a source of vitamin A in carrot, provides protection and prevent wrinkles on the face.
Berries such as strawberries or blueberries is a natural substance rich in vitamin C. They promote glowing skin by encouraging from the inside out and make the skin soft and smooth.
Ingredients you need: (i) Carrot – sufficiently. (ii) Berries – sufficiently.
- Make a paste of grated carrots and crushed berries by moderation comparison that sufficient for your face.
- Apply the paste on your face and leave to dry. Wash off your face with cold water afterward.
Honey Pack for Glowing Skin
Honey contains lots of natural antioxidants that can protect the skin from sun exposure. It also works as a natural moisturizer for the skin and prevents premature aging.
Honey is generally mixed with other ingredients to increase efficacy. You can apply some of the following herbs to get glowing skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Honey – sufficiently. (ii) Lemon juice – sufficiently. (iii) Almond powder – sufficiently. (iv) Yogurt – sufficiently.
- Mix the lemon juice and honey in equal amount that fits to skin and facial treatments.
- Apply the mixture on your skin and your face, leave for 20 minutes and wash your face with cold water. You can replace the lemon juice with cucumber juice to treat dry skin.
- Alternatively, make the scrub from a tablespoon of almond powder and honey and two tablespoons of oatmeal and yogurt, mix evenly.
- Apply the scrub on your face and skin with a gentle massage, leave for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- You can also make a scrub with just two tablespoons of yogurt and one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the scrub herb on the face and skin and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse off with cold water afterward.
Note » Never forget to apply mild moisturizer after perform scrub on your skin.
Myriad Ways to Get Glowing Skin Easily
Glowing skin comes from healthy habits. It’s simpler than we realize, but we did not pay particular attention to it. Only when our skin looks dull and dark, we realized that all this time there is something wrong with our lifestyle habits. Below are a few things you need to consider either to be carried or not to get glowing skin.
Keep Body Hydrated
Remove the Makeup
Lessen the Makeup
Take Adequate Sleep
Provide nutrients to the skin by taking the intake of healthy and nutritious foods. Reduce the fatty and fast food as well consume more foods rich in fiber.
Keep your body well hydrated by giving intake of fluids such as drinking plenty of water and eating fresh fruit including its juice. It is important to get a glowing skin and prevent it from dryness.
Never apply any ingredients directly, unless you know it is safe for your skin. Apply a hand patch test before applying on your skin and discard if your hand is stung.
When you feel exhausted and tired, you tend to ignore anything that is in you, including removing the makeup. However, by bringing the makeup, especially when sleep can make your skin dull and dark. Therefore, eliminate the makeup before going to bed is essential.
Similarly, by applying makeup too often on the skin also has the potential to damage on your skin. Your skin renews itself every day, when the makeup covers the skin, it causes the dead skin cells is hard to peel.
People who crammed with a solid rushing would be difficult to have enough sleep, but they will get a reality in the morning that their skin looks dull and dark. Hence, a restful sleep in 8 hours a day is essential to get glowing skin plus exercises to maintain the vitality of the body.
Smoking is not only bad for your health but for those who crave for glowing skin, smoking can be a major obstacle. Foreign particles come from smoking leads to your skin dull. Therefore, it is imperative for you to avoid smoking while you still can.
Apply several healthy lifestyles above gradually can make glowing skin not only in a dream, but more than, it may exist and becomes a part of your life.
Additional Routines to Get Glowing Skin
No list of healthy habits without adding essential routines for your skin, you have to put some extra efforts and time to get the desired results as well.
These routines involves skin cleansing and some prevention tips, take them on regular basis to make sure you wake up with radiant skin in the morning and free from the dark and dull skin.
Apply Lightening Cream and Toner
Makeup for Skin
It is important to know how extraordinary exfoliation to get glowing skin. The gentle exfoliating particles help remove dirt, excessive oil and dead skin cells, leaving skin with clean and glowing looks.
You can perform a routine of exfoliation by applying a body scrub containing rhyolite; it is a kind of volcanic rock packed with a high abrasive power but low in density, yet it works effectively in promoting exfoliation, smoothing the epidermis and rejuvenating the skin.
The implementation of scrubs containing natural enzymes and fruits acid complex are acceptable for more deeply exfoliation. Conversely, if you prefer home remedies, lemon is one of the best examples of an exfoliating agent.
These products have been tested and chosen for their performance in deep cleanse the skin without irritating and make the skin glow.
The process of exfoliation leaves the skin to be more sensitive, do not ignore this condition, as it can lead to extreme dry or oily skin. Apply moisturizing lotion to the skin while gently massage for one minute after exfoliating. It is useful to promote newly and glowing skin as well preventing from dryness and excess oil skin.
Pick water based products with “non comedogenic” label, in case you are hesitant to apply the lotion because it may cause a breakout. These products prevent clogging of the pores, but potentially effective in moisturizing the skin.
Global warming causes the earth’s surface temperature rises, can you imagine what will happen to your skin when exposed to the sun these days? Yes, it can cause damage to the skin.
Using sunscreen prior applying make-up is the extraordinary step to counteract the effects of sunlight. Take a sunscreen packed with sun protection factor equal to 30 or greater than that. Sunscreen prevents premature wrinkles and the possibility of skin cancer as well the emergence of spots on the skin.
There is a variety of a sunscreen available for your skin type, some of them packed with a touch of color. Apply sunscreen every day, including during the rainy and cloudy days.
The implementation of a sunscreen is also useful to prevent stains caused by other radiations coming from the television, white light, and computer. Sunscreen lotion is a great agent in keeping the skin glowing every day.
Regardless of sunscreens, you can also apply a few cosmetic products such as toners and lightening creams to get glowing skin. Lightening creams work eligibility to remove dark spots and scars on the face, and the result is the skin with an even tone.
While toner helps neutralize the pH level of the skin, it is very useful for sealing dilated pores during exfoliating, evaporation and warm baths process. Either lightening creams or toner products, both ingredients enables you to get glowing skin.
Nothing is easier to get glowing skin except beauty products. It is a fast ally for those who want to raise the tone of the skin while hiding blemishes. Makeup is able to unify the skin color and give the appearance of glowing and bright skin.
Applying makeup on the face and neck can help get glowing skin and conceal imperfections at once. Use a darker tone to your skin when applying on visible spots on the face.
Choose appropriate products for your skin type and pick according to your needs as there are many products with different shapes and colors available in the market.
By the end of the day, wash your face with the right products for your skin, followed by washing the face with a cleanser and water at night that removes makeup completely.
Having a glowing skin certainly enhance the attractiveness and confidence. Beyond all of that, what you wear also affect your entire appearance. No matter what style you choose, always wearing the outfit that supports your beauty.
- How to Get Rid of Dead Skin on Face Naturally
- How to Get Clear Skin Fast and Naturally
- How to Get Rid of Peeling Skin on Face Overnight
- How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne and Blemishes
Running some simple rules and natural home remedies can help you in addressing the facial skin and improve complexion. Combined with proper skin care, then in a short time you will find yourself possessing skin that is glowing, healthy and youthful that makes people closest to you in amazement.