It is very annoying when you have a dirty face. Surely you may see the face covered with a variety of stains which should not settle there. Besides, many stains on the face indicate that there is something wrong with your skin in which you may be lacking in protecting or provide appropriate care for your skin.
One of the stains that often haunts many women around the world are the sunspots, in which it is little dark spots that appear on the face of the individual. You can find these spots whenever your skin is exposed directly to the UV rays of the sun. Thus it promotes the production of melanocyte cells, which in turn increase melanin on the skin and turn the skin tone darker.
The dark patches or stains are also commonly known as brown spots, liver spots, age spots, and they can also appear in the neck area, hands or other areas that are susceptible to sun exposure regardless of the face.
Under certain circumstances, the sunspots can lead to itching, only with proper inspection, it can determine the severity of the sunspots. Men, women, and children can have the possibility to develop the sunspots.
What Causes of Sunspots?
Despite the fact that the sun exposure suspected as the main reason for the appearance of the sunspots, but research indicates that there are some other leading causes accelerates the development of sunspots.
- Vitamin deficiencies.
- Weak liver functioning.
Those causes may contribute to spots problem, and though the sunspots are not harmful, yet their appearance makes a person look unattractive.
Home Remedies for Sunspots
We provide some natural remedies and prevention tips when it comes to dark spots, and you can try one of them to get rid of the sunspots fast.
Aloe Vera Mask
Most individuals are familiar with aloe vera when it comes to beauty treatments. They use it as a healing agent, prevent premature aging and promotes the regeneration of skin cells; thereby aloe vera is magnificent for getting rid of sunspots and restore the brightness of the skin, especially if exposure to sunlight causes behind the emergence of sunspots.
- Simply take some fresh aloe vera gel and rubbed on the affected area. Allow it to stay for 30 minutes and wash your face with cold water afterward.
- You may reiterate this procedure twice a day and notice your skin improvement within a month.
Note » If you find difficulty in getting aloe vera gel, you may buy aloe vera juice available in the market.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar widely applied to help promote the healing of various skin health complaints. It includes getting rid of sunspots and other skin blemishes also restore the brightness of the skin.
- Make a solution composed of apple cider vinegar and dilute with water in the same comparison. You can add a little honey into the solution.
- Apply the solution on the affected skin and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse your skin with water afterward. Repeat this process every day for several weeks to obtain optimal results.
- Another way is mixing ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a few tablespoons of orange juice. Apply it on problematic skin and allow it to dry and then rinse off. Repeat for once or twice daily for several weeks.
You probably already know that the lemon juice has bleaching properties that are good for the skin because it contains tons of citric acid which are useful for removing sunspots that can interfere with your daily appearance.
- Prepare some lemon juice that can be found, and rub it directly on the affected area.
- Allowing it to work for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water afterward. Repeat this home remedy for twice a day for two months.
- You may add sugar to taste on lemon juice and mix them to make a facial scrub. Apply the scrub on the affected area, in particular on the sunspots area and allow it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and repeat several times a week.
Note » Lemon juice can cause irritation to sensitive skin, so you need to dilute the lemon juice with water, rose water or honey. Avoid exposure to sunlight during the use of lemon juice.
Avocado believed to be an excellent natural moisturizer to restore health and luster of the skin. It also encourages the healing of the skin from sunspots and reduces the appearance of such annoying blemishes.
- Take some of the avocados and make it into a paste for a facial mask. Rub the paste on the affected area and leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with clean water and repeat the process once a day for several weeks to remove the sunspots on your face gradually.
Buttermilk is loaded with a lot of lactic acids, in which it is useful to help exfoliate skin cells and removes blemishes without leaving the skin to dry.
- Prepare a cotton ball and dip into the butter milk, apply it on the affected area of the skin. Leave for a few minutes and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- You can add a little lemon juice for oily or acne prone skin.
- You can also present two teaspoons of tomato juice added with four teaspoons of butter milk and rub this mixture on the affected skin.
Note » Simply take one of the remedies, and repeat once a day for several weeks to obtain optimal results.
Potatoes contain lots of enzymes “Catecholase” in which it is known as a great skin lightening agent that can be applied to get rid of sun spots and blemishes on the face; hence it can promote a brighter and more radiant face.
- Prepare the potato and cut into a number of slices. Rub its flesh on sunspots of your skin for a few minutes.
- Wait until it dries and rinse with cold water. Repeat this process twice a day for several weeks or desired results achieved.
- You can also pulverize the potatoes to form a paste and use this paste as a mask for the face to get rid of dark spots.
Applying cucumbers as a facial mask is very useful to keep the skin moisture and elasticity. Cucumber is rich in natural silicon compounds, in which it helps you free from wrinkles. Additionally, cucumber can act as lightening and soothing agents to overcome the dark spots, dryness, and acne on the skin.
- Make a few slices from the fresh cucumber and rub the area of sunspots from the skin.
- Do this for a few minutes and wait until it dries and rinses with cold water.
- Repeat this process two or three times a day for several weeks to get the skin without blemishes.
The idea behind getting rid of blemishes on the skin is utilizing bleaching properties from the natural ingredient. On the other hand, yogurt is rich in soft bleaching properties; therefore it is appropriate to help to lighten the sunspots and keep the skin radiant.
- Apply easy usage by applying directly on the affected area. Allow the application to stay for 30 minutes and wash with cold water.
- Alternatively, apply yogurt before bedtime and rinse off in the next morning.
- Creating a skin pack is also permitted, simply mix one teaspoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of oatmeal and a tablespoon of yogurt.
- Apply it on the affected skin and leave for 30 minutes before the rinse off.
Note » Follow either these remedies for once a day for the next several weeks.
Castor oil is a great ally when it comes to healing the skin disorders; it is also very effective in banishing the sunspots or age spots appear on the skin surface. You can apply castor oil simultaneously with almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil or vitamin E oil to increase the efficacy of the removal of the sunspots.
- Take a small amount of castor oil with the help of a cotton ball and apply directly to the affected area.
- Gently massage the affected area of skin for a few minutes and leave for a few hours before the wash.
- Follow this treatment again, once in the morning and repeat every day for several weeks to even out skin tone.
Onion Juice Mask
Onions have a strong scent, yet it is very effective to treat some skin disorders, including the sunspots and freckles. Acidic and bleaching properties contained in onions can easily diminish the sunspots and evens out skin tone. You may also apply garlic juice instead of onion juice to obtain the similar effect.
- Rub some onion slices on the surface of the skin appearing the sunspots and let it dry. Rinse thoroughly with cold water and repeat this remedy twice a day for several weeks.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of onion juice can also be conducted. Place the mixture on the affected area and leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash off the area and repeat this home remedy once or twice a day for several weeks.
Tips to Prevent the Development of Sunspots
Prevent the appearance of the sunspots, dark spots or brown spots is strongly recommended. As a precaution, you can apply some of the following healthy styles of related to the protection of the skin.
Apply Skin Protection
Apply Lightening Cream
Apply Moisturizing Cream
Never underestimate the exposure to sunlight, it is one of the leading causes of the sunspots, which in turn may reduce your appearance. Applying a sunscreen containing SPF 25 can prevent skin damage caused by exposure to UV rays from the sun.
Lightening creams known to be very efficient to prevent the age spots, sunspots, and dark spots. The content of vitamin C, antioxidants, peptides and hydroquinone present in lightening creams help diminish the sunspots and make the face look bright and beautiful.
Many women use the help of a moisturizing cream, as an ally for skin health. The maintained skin moisture is useful to make sure the skin is free of sunspots.
- How to Get Rid of Tan Lines Fast
- Natural Ways to Get Rid of Redness on Face
- Home Remedies for Sunburn Relief
- How to Get Rid of Sunburn Fast
You also need to apply the preventive measures to ensure sunspots are not approaching you in the future. In case you notice the amount of the blemishes is excessive, you should immediately encounter a dermatologist to get appropriate treatment and determine the severity of the blemishes.