Beauty is a natural gift for every woman, it is a harmonious blend of all the components of the body that reflects the beauty itself. Starting from the hair, face, skin and fashion, all contributed significantly in featuring the best side of a woman, with a smile that comes from the lips improve the beauty of a woman.
A smile may appear beautifully when it presented by lips that look in a natural pink, without the dryness, dull and cracked. However the skin on the lips is very sensitive which causes the lips are susceptible to a variety of skin disorders that lead to flaky, dry, dull and chapped lips.
If you suffer from these conditions, you need to take immediate action to restore moisture and the natural color of your lips. You may also have tried to moisturize your lips by applying lotions and balms, however the result remained the same without any significant improvement.
The skin on the lips has a resemblance with the skin on the face, in which when the skin is not free from impurities and dead skin cells, applying any hydration treatment may futile and less efficient. Accordingly, something that you need above all is a good exfoliation on the lips.
Exfoliation is an efficient way to get rid of impurities, chapped and dry skin on the lips, making your lips have a flat tone, lips look fresh, smooth and rosy. It also helps to reduce the darkness and dark spots on the lips.
Benefits of Lip Exfoliation
There are many good things that you can get when doing the exfoliating lips, especially for those of you who suffer from flaky, dark, dry and chapped lips. A few of them are.
- Exfoliation regularly resulted in the darkness, melanin pigmentation, discoloration of the lips may fade gradually and restored the natural color of the lips.
- Exfoliation helps in leveling the texture of the lips.
- Exfoliation is the easiest way to get rid of dry, cracked, dead skin cells, dark and dull lip
- You can easily have the lips with a healthy, beautiful and natural look, also, enjoy the even texture and bright lips after exfoliation.
How to Exfoliate Lips Naturally at Home
Keep lips hydrated and exfoliation is the regular care that must be running to get lips look attractive. When you leave the treatments, your lips will start to produce small dead, flaky skin that you can see when applying lipstick.
Your lips are also beginning to look dark and to restore the natural pink color of the lips; you have to get rid of the dirt and dead skin layer attached to the lips. Applying the natural remedies to exfoliate your lips is a safe and efficient manner because they are spared from hazardous materials such as chemicals, artificial and toxic composition.
Sugar is an efficient exfoliating agent that can be found inside your home, along with several other natural ingredients, it can remove impurities and dead skin cells from your lips.
Sugar and Olive Oil
Olive oil is the ideal partner when it comes to exfoliating lips; you may also use almond oil instead.
Ingredients you need: (i) Sugar – sufficiently. (ii) Olive oil – sufficiently.
- Take a small amount of sugar and a few teaspoons of olive oil, mix the two ingredients to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to the lips, massaging gently in a circular motion.
- Do the process not more than two minutes and wash your lips afterward.
- Apply lip balm as a touch of hydration and making your lips stay hydrated and soft.
Sugar and Honey
Honey helps for moisturizing and prevent the dryness of your lips; it also restores the natural pink color of your lips.
Ingredients you need: (i) Sugar – sufficiently. (ii) Honey – sufficiently.
- Mix a few drops of honey and a little sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix evenly and rub on your lips in a circular motion for about three minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with water and you can leave the honey on your lips at night as a natural moisturizer.
- Repeat the process of exfoliating every night to lighten your lips.
Sugar and Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a powerful moisturizing agent to hydrate dry and chapped lips. It is a practical way and easily obtainable for those of you who have problems with the dull lips.
Ingredients you need: (i) Sugar – sufficiently. (ii) Coconut oil – sufficiently.
- Prepare a few drops of coconut oil and a little sugar and mix them in a small bowl.
- Use your fingertips or a soft brush to scrub your lips and apply the mixture for the abrasive elements.
- Do this for three minutes and wash with water afterward.
- Do not forget to apply lip balm to prevent dryness.
Brown Sugar and Jojoba Oil
For those who do not like the taste and aroma of white sugar, use brown sugar as delicious exfoliating agent for dry and chapped lips. Whereas the jojoba oil works as a natural moisturizer that is very good for skin health.
Ingredients you need: (i) Brown sugar – sufficiently. (ii) Jojoba oil – sufficiently.
- Simply mix a few drops of jojoba oil and a little brown sugar and use the mixture to scrub your lips.
- Perform a gentle massage in a circular motion for three minutes.
- Rinse off your lips with water afterward and apply lip balm to keep lips stay hydrated.
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
Vaseline petroleum jelly helps in developing a barrier between the cells of the dry and chapped skin. Thus it can accelerate the healing of the skin from within and keep the moisture of your skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Vaseline – sufficiently.
- Take a little bit of Vaseline petroleum jelly and apply on your lips.
- Gently massage your lips for two minutes.
- Rinse your lips with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Leave a little vaseline on the lips to prevent dryness of the lips.
Baking soda has the ability to exfoliate the dead skin cells and dirt from lips, leaving lips to stay bright, soft and free of dullness.
Ingredients you need: (i) Baking soda – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently. (iii) Toothbrush – soft one.
- Mix some baking soda and water into a small bowl.
- Put the mixture on a soft toothbrush and scrub lips gently for two minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to clean off your lips and apply lip balm to keep lips well hydrated afterward.
Rose water is a traditional way to make your lips look bright without the help of a lipstick. It also helps exfoliates the dirt and dead skin cells from lips which resulted in the lips look dull and cracked. With the help of glycerin, making rose water has better efficacy in exfoliating lips.
Ingredients you need: (i) Rose water – sufficiently. (ii) Glycerin – sufficiently.
- Make a mixture of glycerin and rose water in equal amount and accordance with the needs of your lips.
- Use the mixture to pat your lips with the help of the fingers for 3 minutes.
- Clean your lips with lukewarm water.
- You may also leave this mixture throughout the night and wash it in the morning.
Ground coffee, contain fine grains that can help exfoliates the dead skin cells off your lips. It also works restore the natural color of lips and make lips smooth and radiant.
Ingredients you need: (i) Ground coffee – one teaspoon. (ii) Olive oil – sufficiently.
- Mix the ground coffee and olive oil in moderation.
- Apply the mixture over the lips, while massaging gently with your fingers for a few minutes.
- Allow it to stay for a few minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is widely used in many beauty products and skin care; it contains many essential nutrients needed for healthy skin, including applying it for exfoliates lips.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe Vera – sufficiently. (ii) Toothbrush – optional.
- Pour a small amount of aloe Vera gel into a small bowl and rub it on your wet lips.
- Use your fingers or a soft brush to rub your lips tenderly.
- Rinse your lips and you do not need to put lip balm as aloe Vera is a good natural moisturizing agent.
Additional Tips for Lips Scrubbing
There are some additional tips that you should consider when it comes to exfoliating lips, some of them are the result of a few bad habits and the others because of ignorance of how to implement it.
Apply a Lip Balm
Use a Soft Brush
Avoid to Lick Your Lips
Avoid Excess of Exfoliation
Apply a Healthy Habit
After exfoliation, lots of dirt and dead skin cells are eliminated from your lips; now you need to apply a lip balm to keep it hydrated completely. You may use a lip balm with SPF and be nourishing (avocado extract or shea butter), allowing them to make beautiful lips after exfoliation.
Using a soft brush is essential to prevent cracking of the lips; otherwise you allowed to use your fingers to rub the lips with extra pressure.
Licking the lips may lead to dry lips, but if you find it difficult to leave this habit, you should apply a moisturizer such as a chapstick, petroleum jelly or balm and use them wisely.
Extra exfoliation can lead to damage to the surface of the lips, just do it for one or two once a week.
Habits such as smoking and drinking alcohol can lead to dry and dark lips, therefore it is important for you to reduce or even eliminate these habits. Sunlight, salt, chlorine and some foods can inhibit you to have beautiful lips.
- How to Lighten Dark Lips Fast Naturally at Home
- How to Make Your Lips Smaller and Thinner Naturally
- Top 9 Simple Ways to Get Pink Lips Naturally
However when preparing homemade scrub may take your time, you may take some exfoliation lip products available on the market. Always remember to choose products from natural ingredients that are proven safe for your skin.