Dealing with acne can be difficult and an unpleasant condition that affects both for adolescents and adults. Acne is a very common skin condition that is very likely affects almost most of us; regardless of color, place of origin, gender, etc., everyone has the same possibility to get acne at some stage in our lives.
Acne is physically harmless to the health of our body, however, its appearance can lead to severe depression, anxiety, and self-doubt that affects mentally for the sufferer. Acne and its various forms are the manifestations of the excess production of sebum, the oil produced by the Sebaceous Glands (some common forms of acne are Vulgaris, Pimples, Cysts, Conglobate, Blackheads and Whiteheads).
It can take place not only on your face, which means that all parts of the body can be affected by acne and pimples. Some parts of the body that are most likely for acne and pimples to grow are the back and chest. Back and chest acne, both are just as worse as acne on the face if left untreated.
The sebaceous glands, which incidentally present at three spots of your body (face, back, and chest) may produce excessive sebum under certain conditions and along with dead skin cells may clog the pores of the skin, which eventually creates an environment for acne-causing bacteria to grow and lead to an infection.
This infection will encourage the growth of acne, and due to the skin on the chest contains a large number of sebaceous glands, hence the likelihood of getting acne on the chest is higher than other body parts; chest acne is a type of acne vulgaris, and appears in the chest area as the name denotes, regardless of back and face of course. That’s why if you have a question in your mind about why do I have acne on my chest, you’ve got a satisfactory answer.
- What Causes Chest Acne?
- How to Get Rid of Chest Acne Fast Naturally
- Additional Useful Tips When Dealing with Chest Acne
What Causes Chest Acne?
Every condition would have certain underlying reasons, including the onset of chest acne, If you eager to get to know more about how to get rid of chest acne fast, you need to know what causes chest acne in the first place, which aiming to narrow down the treatment options.
Some reasons may indicate the possibility of why chest acne can occur in the first place. Whether it is small pimples on chest or painful large spots, any of the forms may indicate that acne can generally be caused by more than one factor.
Thus, to get a proper diagnosis of what the real cause of chest acne outbreaks is difficult, hence, there is a possibility that you need to take several solutions to eliminate the problem of chest acne.
Environmental factors can also promote the formation of acne, including the chest acne, and it becomes a significant factor that lies beyond your control. So, let’s see some possible causes that contribute to the growth of chest acne;
Having Poor Diet
Having Lack of Rest
Wrong Cosmetic Products and Medications
Excessive Oil Production
Stress accounts for most of the health problems, as well as the health around the skin that has the potential to cause acne outbreaks. Stress also affects the production levels of sebum in adolescents, thus it increases the possibility for acne to grow. In other words, the correlation between stress and acne is evident even though the mechanism is still unknown for certain.
Hence, if you are too busy with your work, or else if you find yourself overly stressed for other reasons, it is immediately possible to take spare time for relaxing your mind and free yourself of stress.
Rapid hormonal changes due to puberty in adolescence may increase the growth potential of acne, and it is known to be the biggest cause of chest acne.
Changes in hormone levels during pregnancy and the use of birth control can also lead to excessive production of sebum that can clog pores and cause acne outbreaks.
Taking unhealthy dietary intake as your daily diet can increase the potential for metabolic disorders of your body, including the possibility of disrupting and clogging the skin pores in the process and promote the formation of chest acne.
Provide adequate rest, especially sleep allows your body to increase its ability in cell regeneration to replace the damaged tissue, including the regeneration of skin cells.
It is the key if you want to stay young. However, if you are suffering from sleep deprivation, your skin may experience difficulty in recovery, resulting in the higher chance for acne and pimples to appear in any parts of your body, including chest acne.
Lack of sleep may also result in stress which increases the excessive production of sebum which become the very reason of chest acne.
Experts reveal that acne is hereditary, meaning that if parents are prone to acne, then their children will be prone to acne as well. Especially if the history of acne is on the mother’s side of the family.
Application of some cosmetics which are not accompanied by dermatological tests, allow clogging of the skin pores; in case of excessive production of sebum occurs, the chances for the growth of chest acne is enormous.
In addition, certain medicines containing steroids, barbiturates and even medicines destined for general health problems containing bromide or iodide such as cough medicine, may also promote the formation of acne.
People with severe smoking habit, they have the potential to have a chest acne compared with non-smokers. Smoking is known as a factor of acne because smoking can decrease the ability of the skin to perform the cell regeneration process that leads to the skin is more susceptible to infection.
Excessive drinking of alcohol can lower the immune system, which ultimately opens the skin pores to the infection. This condition can trigger an outbreak of chest acne if the individuals do not lower their habit in consuming alcohol.
Certain health conditions such as thyroid problems, diabetes and digestive disorders, are known to cause acne on the chest as well.
The skin produces natural oils to lubricate your skin and hair under normal conditions. But some people may produce excessive oil as a result of hormonal imbalances and these individuals are more susceptible to acne than others.
Top 10 Effective Ways to Get Rid of Back Acne ScarsHow to Get Rid of Forehead Acne Fast[/alert-related]
A conclusion can be drawn based on elaboration above about the causes of the onset of chest acne is that the incidence of acne in the chest area is largely due to a result of unhealthy lifestyles, although genetic actually also play a major role in the contribution of chest acne. Thus, it is imperative to verify your lifestyle as well as find out the appropriate chest acne remedy for further treatment.
How to Get Rid of Chest Acne Fast Naturally
There is a varying severity of acne on chest, either in men or women; which means that there is a possibility for some people that acne on the chest is small pimples that will not go away, on the contrary for some others, they may have sudden chest acne that breaks out and turn into large red spots.
Symptoms of chest pains may include pain, redness, bleeding, swelling, inflammation, scarring and skin infections. If you already reach this page, it is possible that you are also suffering from chest acne. Chest acne can be as inconvenient as facial acne and it can feel uncomfortable, especially when you are wearing a tight cloth.
If one of the factors causing your chest acne is environmental, rather than genetic, then you can apply some simple home remedies for chest acne as the best solution to address this underlying problem. They are proven to be effective, inexpensive and safe to get rid of chest acne faster than you can imagine. Here are a few of them;
Cinnamon and Honey
We are all familiar with Cinnamon, one of the oldest spices to mankind, which is safe, and inexpensive yet proven with health benefits. Cinnamon is also proven to be effective when it comes to getting rid of chest acne.
It is known as an essential source of certain nutrients such as manganese which also contains anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant and anti-fungal properties.
The anti-bacterial properties present in cinnamon can act effectively as a superb healing agent to eradicate acne-causing bacteria. While adding honey in the remedy is also known to increase the efficacy of treatment because honey may act as a natural antibiotic agent.
Hence, the combination of these two ingredients can be an effective way to get rid of chest acne in the most amazing way.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cinnamon – sufficiently. (ii) Honey – sufficiently. (iii) Lemon juice – alternative.
- First, wash the affected area with warm water and make sure it is clean and dry afterwards.
- Add a little honey and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder into a small container and stir it evenly to form a paste.
- Apply a thin layer of the mixture on the affected skin on your chest, leave for at least 15 minutes or more.
- After 15 minutes, you can rinse the application thoroughly and allow it to dry. Repeat this process twice a day.
- You may also use 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice instead of honey, spread a thin layer of mixture to the affected area.
- But this time, allow the mixture to stay for at least 1 hour, rinse with cold water afterwards. Take this treatment once a day.
Taking aloe vera as a healing agent for addressing any kind of problem in the body is not a healthy trend in this century. Since ancient times, aloe vera plant has been proven to provide health benefits and are widely used to heal burns and infections, including curing the infection that leads to acne chest.
Aloe vera works effectively as a potent antioxidant, and it has the ability to absorb excess oil which ultimately opens the clogged pores. Aloe vera gel contains Auxin and Gibberellin hormones, in which of these hormones act as therapeutic agents by providing anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and wound healing properties.
This, in turn, will help dry out acne and help speed up the healing process. On the other hand, aloe vera is rich in soothing properties, which is certainly plays a major role in reducing redness, pain, and itchiness, which is usually associated with acne and reduces the risk of scarring, thus when your chest acne is accompanied with a slight itch, you can rely on aloe vera to relieve itching and sore.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe Vera – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
- Prepare some aloe vera leaves and cut them into several pieces. Open up one of the aloe leaves and extract its fresh gel.
- Apply the gel on the affected area of your chest. Allow it to stay for at least 10 minutes or let the thin layer dries completely. Rinse off your skin with cold water afterwards.
- Repeat this process at least twice a day until chest acne is healed completely.
Tea Tree Oil
Many people believe that tea tree oil offers alternative strength when dealing with various conditions, as it has many special therapeutic properties that result in providing many beneficial uses, including it may act as a potent remedy when it comes to getting rid of chest acne.
A 2007 study presented by dermatologists also stated that 5% topical tea tree oil can help treat acne vulgaris from mild to moderate effectively.
It effectively penetrates the skin and opens clogged pores, thereby speeding up the healing process, thanks to the antiseptic properties present in tea tree oil. In addition, tea tree oil also contains anti-bacterial properties that can eradicate acne-causing bacteria.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea tree oil – a few drops. (ii) Moisturizer – optional. (iii) Olive oil – sufficiently. (iv) Cotton ball – clean ones.
- Start by putting 1 or a few drops of tea tree oil onto a cotton ball.
- Apply oil gently to the affected area and leave on for at least 10 minutes or allow it to dry.
- Rinse your skin with warm water, you can apply a soft moisturizer afterwards. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times a day until your chest acne is healed perfectly.
Note » In case you have sensitive skin, it is highly recommended to dilute the tea tree oil with a few drops of olive oil prior application.
For some people, oatmeal is a delicious breakfast that does wonders for the body, because it is rich in fiber that is beneficial for health. But apart just for breakfast, oatmeal is also useful for homemade skin care treatments.
Oatmeal can also be an accessible alternative when it comes to getting rid of chest pimples. This method is considered to be effective because oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory properties which in turn helps in curing acne.
In addition, it also acts as an effective absorbent agent that helps absorb excess oil and cleanse skin pores in a single application.
Ingredients you need: (i) Oatmeal powder – one cup. (ii) Honey – one tablespoon. (iii) Lemon juice – sufficiently.
- Prepare a cup of oatmeal and cook with water for a few minutes, let it cool afterwards.
- You can rub the oatmeal directly on the affected area, leave for about 30 minutes and rinse with warm water afterwards.
- You can also add a tablespoon of honey and juice of ½ lemon to the oatmeal dough. Stir well and apply the mixture thoroughly on the affected area.
- Allow it to stay for 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water afterwards. Repeat this treatment at least once a day and let the chest acne healed.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Including apple cider vinegar into the daily acne treatment regimen is an easy option to take. It is known as a very effective treatment for acne, pimples and other skin problems including warts.
One of the reasons you can observe about the power of apple cider vinegar is that it contains Alpha Hydroxyl acid which will significantly help open up the clogged pores and dissolve dead skin cells. So that apple cider vinegar can help detoxify and cure acne quickly.
The astringent nature present in ACV also plays a major role in the prevention of skin dryness, but it will help dry out acne quickly. In addition, ACV is rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that certainly eradicate the acne-causing bacteria. Plus it also helps balance the skin’s pH level which prevents the possibility of scarring.
Ingredients you need: (i) Apple Cider Vinegar – sufficiently. (ii) Cotton ball – clean one. (iii)
- Prepare one part of apple cider vinegar and two parts water, mix and stir evenly to dilute.
- Soak a cotton ball in this solution and apply on the affected area in the chest.
- Wait for approximately 30 minutes and rinse well with lukewarm water. You can repeat this process twice a day.
- You can also mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons of green tea, 1 teaspoon of honey and 5 teaspoons of sugar. Stir the mixture evenly.
- Apply the mixture in a circular motion to the affected area and leave for about 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water afterwards.
- Use this scrub just once a week. In addition, add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water and drink it regularly several times a week.
Toothpaste that you often use regularly to keep your mouth and teeth clean, in fact, has a deeper efficacy to help get rid of chest acne. You may not realize that when you brush your teeth, you are actually cleaning or reducing the dominance of bacteria in your mouth, especially your teeth.
For this reason, toothpaste can act as an antibacterial agent that is quite effective in eradicating acne-causing bacteria. In addition, toothpaste is also effective to dry out acne caused by excess sebum production.
Ingredients you need: (i) Toothpaste – sufficiently. (ii) Cold water – sufficiently.
- The night before bedtime is the appropriate time for the acne treatment regimen, so wash your skin with warm water in the first place.
- Apply the toothpaste to the affected area thoroughly. Allow the toothpaste layer to stay overnight.
- Rinse off your skin with cold water the next morning. You can repeat this treatment every night until your chest acne is healed completely.
Being an effective exfoliating agent, baking soda can also be used to treat chest acne and many people have taken advantage of this privilege to get rid of dead skin cells and the excess oil that clogs the skin pores.
Baking soda contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation and pain as a result of acne breakouts. In addition, it also works effectively in balancing the pH level of the skin that allows for the prevention of scarring.
Ingredients you need: (i) Baking soda – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
- Take a tablespoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of water, mix and stir evenly to form a paste.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area followed by a gentle massage, leave on for approximately 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water afterwards, you can repeat this process twice a week to minimize the risk of exfoliation.
- To improve the efficacy of the remedy, you may add lemon juice, or aloe vera and applied to the affected area.
Turmeric is a member of the ginger family, packed full of health benefits and has great taste as well. Turmeric is included in Ayurveda treatment, known for thousands of years because it contains antiseptic properties for burns and cuts, thanks to Curcumin content present in turmeric.
Because of the antiseptic properties present in turmeric, making it very useful in eradicating acne-causing bacteria. In addition, turmeric can also act as a powerful antioxidant to help reduce inflammation and cure chest acne as well as helps fade acne scars.
Ingredients you need: (i) Turmeric powder – sufficiently. (ii) Rose water – sufficiently. (iii) Honey – sufficiently. (iv) Milk – sufficiently.
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder and add rose water to taste to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture thoroughly on the affected area, wait for at least 20 minutes followed by a rinsing off with warm water. Repeat at least once a day.
- You can also make a mixture of one teaspoon of turmeric, two teaspoons of milk, and one teaspoon of honey. Stir evenly to form a paste.
- Apply the mixture on the acne area and leave on for at least 20 minutes or until it dries completely. Wash off with warm water afterwards. Repeat for two or three times a week.
- In addition, you can also add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric and ¼ inch of ginger into a glass of boiling water.
- Allow it to simmer for 3 or 5 minutes, drink it while still warm.
You may have heard of the amazing benefits that lemon juice provides. Being one of the super foods, lemons and their juices are really nutritious and do nothing but good for the body. Lemon juice is also known to reduce any discomfort in the body, and for a long time, lemons have been used to address any kind of skin issues including for getting rid of acne.
Lemon is very effective in combating the bacteria that cause acne, thanks to the content of anti-bacterial properties in it. Plus, L-ascorbic acid which is present in lemon juice acts as a natural astringent, which may help cleanse the pores and dry up pimples.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon – one. (ii) Rose water – sufficiently.
- Take the lemon and cut into two equal parts, gently rub the lemon on your acne area.
- Leave on for approximately 30 minutes and followed by washing with cold water afterwards. Follow this remedy at least 2-3 times a week.
- Alternatively, simply dissolve the lemon juice and rose water in the same comparison. Apply to the affected area and leave for 15 minutes and rinse with water afterwards.
- Repeat this treatment 3 times a week until your chest pimples heal.
Note » For those with sensitive skin, avoid using lemon juice to treat acne.
If you are looking for an easy and effective way to treat acne from home, egg whites can be a quick solution to your skin problems. Although raw eggs definitely smell bad, but the effect of remedial on the skin can be overwhelming. The best thing is that they are easy to find in your kitchen drawer.
Egg whites are effective enough to get rid of acne, as they help remove dead skin cells, excess oil and dirt that clog pores. In addition, egg whites also provide a variety of nutrients and minerals needed by the skin to build skin tissue and get rid of acne scars.
Ingredients you need: (i) Eggs – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
- Take one egg and separate white from the egg yolk, whisk the egg whites needed to cover the affected area.
- Apply the egg white on the acne area thoroughly and leave for about 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water afterwards.
- Repeat this treatment several times a week, and you may also add lemon juice, honey or tea tree oil to egg whites to improve the efficacy of the treatment.
Additional Useful Tips When Dealing with Chest Acne
You can also apply some additional tips below in conjunction with one of the above home remedies that aim to improve the efficiency of the treatment as well as preventing the formation of acne on the chest.
Taking a Shower
Apply Healthy Diet
Taking a shower more often, especially when you have finished with your exercises, any activities or from outside the home. Use warm or cold water instead of hot water, as hot water may bring dryness to your skin.
Wherever possible use a soap containing salicylic acid, or cucumber as the main ingredient. Bathing can help lift dead skin cells and excess oil, thus reducing the possibility of acne. For that, gently rub your chest area when bathing.
Try to relax and reduce stress, increase the quality of your rest to meet your sleep time as much as possible for 8 hours in a day, so avoid to stay awake.
Do regular exercise, yoga, and meditation to support hormonal balance, and improve overall health to prevent chest acne from occurring.
Avoid wearing tight clothes, smoking and spraying perfume over your chest, do not touch your skin with your bare hands as it may aggravate your acne.
A healthy diet is not only useful for skin health and prevents acne, but it can increase your metabolism and overall health. Add more fruits in your daily intake to reduce the chance of acne breakouts.
Limit sugar intake, because it can inhibit the healing process of acne. If you are thirsty, immediately drink water or consume fresh fruits to meet your fluid intake, but avoid to consume sodas, coffee and alcohol because these types of drinks tend to lead to dehydration. Also, avoid to take junk foods and irregular food habits.
- The efficacy of 5% topical tea tree oil: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17314442
- Aloe vera: a short review: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763764/
- Effects of Turmeric (Curcuma longa) on Skin Health: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27213821
You’ve probably seen a lot of approaches advertised when it comes to acne problems and they may also prove to be effective to get rid of this condition, however, whatever treatment you take, the natural remedies are a safe and quick option to get rid of chest acne.