Have you ever noticed your inner thighs and wondering why it getting darker skin color? Yes, my inner thighs are dark, which means that dark inner thighs is a common problem suffered by either women or men, they can look embarrassing, especially if someone is wearing a bikini or trunks on the beach which increases the possibility of the sighting of the inner thighs. People with fair skin also have the possibility of having the dark inner thighs. While obese people, they are more prone to have this problem.
Most people usually overlook their inner thighs, because of its location is hidden, causing some people pay less attention to the importance of treatment of the inner thighs. However lightens the dark inner thighs is as essential as running a skin care in other body parts, in particular for those who are fond of wearing pants, skirts, and short dresses.
Although this is not the only reason to get rid of the dark spots on inner thighs and restore the natural color of the skin, there are many good things that you will get when having a clean inner thigh skin.
People who suffer from the inner thigh darkness are likely to have dark armpits as well, although it is not always true, the appearance of the dark inner thighs may indicate something wrong in the body as a result same medical problems.
What Causes Dark Inner Thighs
There are several reasons behind the dark bump on inner thigh, a few of them are a bad lifestyle, side effects of skin care and certain medical conditions. Thankfully, the dark inner thighs are not part of infection due to sexually transmitted diseases, or as a result of poor diet, they are likely to occur due to Hyperpigmentation . Here are some of the causes of the dark inner thighs that you should aware.
Excessive Sun Exposure
Chemical Products Application
Experience the Hormonal Changes
People with Obesity
Having Poor Hygiene
Medication Side Effects
Women who love dressed in a bikini, while enjoying a sunbathing are likely to have the dark inner thighs. Exposure to sun’s UV rays affects parts of the body with delicate skin, including the inner thighs.
Applying chemicals products on the skin can lead to hyperpigmentation. Especially the harsh chemicals that can darken the color of delicate skin, including the inner thighs.
Hormonal changes affect a lot in the skin color, hence women are more susceptible to the dark inner thighs because they will experience pregnancy, menstruation, puberty and menopause that affect the production of hormones inside the body. During pregnancy and menopause, the dark inner thighs are unavoidable.
People with obesity and overweight are likely to have the inner thighs more than the normal person. As they walk, the inner thigh skin creates friction that causes the dark discoloration on the inner thigh. It also applies to people with bigger thighs.
Poor hygiene contributing most of the skin problems such as pigmentation, acne, dark armpits and dark, inner thighs. Especially if you have the lack of skin care the way it should be.
It is inevitable if any medication could potentially cause side effects, because there are certain medications may affect the skin color which leads to pigmentation. Any area likely to be affected, including the dark inner thighs.
Insulin resistance is resulting in discoloration of the skin. Not only on the inner thigh, but the dark color also occurs in the armpits, neck, and back.
You may notice a few main causes of dark inner thighs for consideration when it comes to dark skin healing. Particular causes determine the appropriate type of treatment without leaving the effectiveness of the treatment itself.
How to Get Rid of Dark Inner Thighs Fast
Brighten dark inner thighs become an important task for those who intended to look better in a bikini or short skirts. Luckily, some skin disorders can be improved to some extent with the application of home remedies.
Although there are cosmetic treatments available, the choice of home remedies considered more secure, you still have to be careful because of the inner thigh skin is delicate relatively.
Baking soda acts as a great exfoliating agent when it comes to leveling the dark skin tones, and it works by eliminating the damaged skin cells, due to sun exposure that has darkened. Hence, the baking soda is very effective to get rid of dark inner thighs.
Ingredients you need: (i) Baking soda – one tablespoon or as per required. (ii) Milk – sufficiently (water is also acceptable). (iii) Honey – sufficiently.
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda and milk, stir well to form a smooth paste.
- Pour some honey and apply the paste on the inner thighs, gently massage in a circular to scrub damaged skin cells.
- Rinse off with warm water afterward, and repeat the process of peeling every day to tone your inner thighs.
Lemon is rich in significant amounts of vitamin C, and skin lightening properties which are very effective for treating skin pigmentation, hence it is very good to get rid of dark inner thighs. Moreover, vitamin C present in lemon promote the growth of new cells and acts as an antioxidant, which are good for your skin rejuvenation. Application of lemon on dark skin regularly can improve skin tone which eventually cures the pigmentation.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon – sufficiently. (ii) Glycerin – one tablespoon. (iii) Rose water – one teaspoon. (iv) Plain water – sufficiently.
- Prepare one lemon and extract its juice, apply lemon juice to the dark thigh area directly with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave for about 20 minutes or dried up completely, and apply a gentle moisturizer on the area.
- For those with sensitive skin, dilute lemon juice with enough water and use it the same way.
- For more powerful potion, mix one tablespoon each of glycerin and lemon juice, add one teaspoon of rose water and stir well.
- Apply the solution on the dark thigh area before bed, and wash with warm water the next morning. Repeat the treatment every day.
Note » Never apply lemon treatment on the day you have the possibility to exposed to the sun, or avoid if you have cuts and wounds.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera offers the ability to reduce skin blemishes on the inner thighs, because it contains antioxidant and nourishing properties that are useful to improve and promote skin rejuvenation. In fact, it can create a clean skin, free of pigmentation, dark skin patches and restore the natural color of your skin. Accordingly, aloe vera are very suitable to eliminate the dark inner thighs.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently. (ii) Lukewarm water – sufficiently. (iii) Almond oil – a few drops or as per required.
- Take the gel from aloe vera leaf extract, apply the gel on your darker thighs, apply gently massage for a few minutes.
- Allow it to stay for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water afterward. Repeat the treatment every day for faster results.
- You may also pour a few drops of almond oil with two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Apply the mixture on the affected dark area and gently massage your skin.
- Leave for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water afterward. Follow the treatment at least twice a day for several days.
Cucumber contains natural bleaching properties, which is effective when used to lighten dark skin on any part of the body. It also works to provide moisture to the skin, promotes skin rejuvenation and soothes the skin which is useful for getting rid of dark inner thighs. Luckily, cucumber remedy is acceptable for any skin types.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cucumbers – a few slices. (ii) Lemon juice – sufficiently.
- Make a few slices of fresh cucumber and rub gently in the dark area of your thighs. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- You can also make a mixture of cucumber juice and lemon juice with the same proportion. Add a small amount of turmeric and sandalwood powder, stir well.
- Apply on your inner thighs, gently massage the area for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water afterward.
- Repeat both treatments at least once a day for several days, until you see your thigh skin becomes bright.
Yogurt is one kind of dairy products, which has many benefits for health concern. The fermentation process as the end result contains healthy bacteria that are essential for the body. Besides, it contains lactic acid which is useful for exfoliation. The topical application of yogurt removes the dead skin cells and clear the bacteria, thereby yogurt can help relieve dark inner thighs effectively.
Ingredients you need: (i) Plain yogurt – sufficiently. (ii) Lemon juice – ½ of lemon. (iii) Turmeric powder – sufficiently. (iv) Gram flour – sufficiently.
- Take a small amount of yogurt and apply on your inner thighs, rub gently to ensure exfoliation occurs.
- Leave for at least 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Repeat every day for several days.
- Creating a more potent concoction is relatively easy. Simply mix one teaspoon of plain yogurt, ½ lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of gram flour and turmeric powder.
- Apply the mixture on the inner thighs area and leave it to dries out perfectly. Rinse with warm water afterward.
- Repeat this treatment package at least twice a week to get the desired results.
Turmeric has the ability to inhibit the production of melanin which is very useful to restore discoloration of the skin, giving the skin its color and provide an even skin tone. Hence turmeric can be applied to relieve dark inner thighs.
Ingredients you need: (i) Turmeric powder – sufficiently. (ii) Milk cream – one teaspoon. (iii) Lemon juice – sufficiently. (iv) Olive oil – a small amount.
- Mix a little olive oil into one teaspoon of turmeric powder, stir well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave for about an hour before rinsing with warm water.
- The second option is by mixing up one teaspoon of cream of milk and a bit of turmeric powder. Apply on the inner thigh and allow to dry out.
- The last choice is by mixing up two teaspoons of turmeric powder and lemon juice in moderation. Apply it on the affected area and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash off the turmeric application with warm water and repeat this treatment once a day for several days.
Sandalwood contains skin soothing properties that make skin feel soft, supple and cool. It is also useful for treating skin irritation caused by discoloration of skin due to rubbing. Applying sandalwood also improve pigmentation of the skin; hence it is excellent healing agent when it comes to relieve dark inner thighs.
Ingredients you need: (i) Sandalwood powder – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
- Mix the sandalwood powder and sufficient water to form a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your inner thighs.
- Leave for about 30 minutes and rinse with warm water afterward. Follow this treatment once every day to several days.
- Application of sandalwood is an effective remedy to get rid of dark inner thighs due to obesity.
Coconut oil contains natural antioxidants and moisturizing properties that are useful to rejuvenate the skin. It helps reduce pigmentation and restores the natural color and softness of the skin. Topical application of coconut oil helps in alleviating dark inner thighs effectively.
Ingredients you need: (i) Coconut oil – three tablespoons. (ii) Lemon juice – one tablespoon.
- Mix the coconut oil and lemon juice appropriate with the initial doses. Apply the mixture on the inner thigh and gently massage for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to stay for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water afterward.
- Follow this treatment every day to get a brighter skin of the thigh and free of dark.
Potatoes contain vitamin C and work as a natural bleaching agent that lightens the dark skin on any part of the body and reduces Hyperpigmentation. Applying a potato on the skin helps to get rid of dark inner thighs and thankfully it is relatively safe to be applied to all skin types that may suffer from the dark skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Potatoes – two raw ones. (ii) Cotton ball – a few clean ones. (iii) Thin cloth – clean one.
- Grate some potato slices, after peeling the skin. Extract the potato juice using a thin cloth or sieve.
- Apply the potato juice on the inner thigh with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave for at least 30 minutes and rinse off with cold water afterward. Follow this application once every day for several days.
Dark inner thighs can be caused by a buildup of dead skin cells, thus running an exfoliation regularly expected to reduce the intensity of the buildup that produces clear skin. Oatmeal is one exfoliation agent that used to lighten the dark skin, and it is also appropriate to reduce the dark inner thighs safely.
Ingredients you need: (i) Oatmeal – two tablespoons. (ii) Tomato juice – sufficiently.
- Mix the oatmeal and tomato juice in moderation to form a smooth paste, apply the paste on the inner thigh.
- Do not forget to rub the application to scrub the dead skin cells gently. Leave for about 20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Follow this easy treatment at least twice a week to restore the skin’s natural color.
Useful Tips When Dealing with Dark Inner Thighs
Here are some additional useful tips that teach you when dealing with dark inner thighs, they talk about prevention and the appropriate measures to the condition of dark thighs is not getting worse and make the skin fair.
Apply Proper Skin Care
Take Regular Treatment
Apply Lightening Cream
Eat Healthy Foods
Wearing Proper Clothes
Proper skin care including the use of a chemical free soft soap to wash your inner thighs. You can use a soft sponge to rub your thighs, apply scrub regularly to remove dirt buildup on the top layer of skin. Apply gentle lotion after bathing to keep skin moist.
Thigh skin is as important as any other part of the body, especially thighs is delicate skin that is prone to discoloration due to friction or other causes. Therefore you need to make the appropriate care for your thighs, such as exfoliating regularly to get rid of dead skin and promote new skin cells. Use your favorite scrub at least once a week. Otherwise, homemade scrubs are also acceptable, apply a gentle moisturizer afterward.
Lightening creams can be a quick solution to lighten dark inner thighs. Always use dark inner thighs creams that contain vitamins, peptides, skin whitening and essential minerals. Apply this cream daily to leveling the dark areas. Pick a cream product that suits your skin type to avoid irritants that may arise.
Healthy foods always the top choice to rule out any health complaints. In fact, a clean and healthy skin starting from the intake of healthy foods that you have. Not surprisingly, when you want to prevent or treat the dark inner thighs.
Always preferred to consume foods such as vegetables and fresh fruits, as well some foods that contain protein and essential minerals for the body. Do not forget to keep moisture on the body with sufficient fluid intake every day.
Some clothing may cause friction with the skin that leads to the dark inner thighs, avoid wearing tight jeans because they are potentially irritating to the skin layer. Wear comfortable clothes instead, made of smooth and breathable materials to avoid irritation and dark skin.
- How to Get Rid of Dark Armpits Fast
- Effective Treatment to Get Rid of Dark Elbows and Knees Fast Naturally
- Effective Treatment to Lighten Your Dark Hands and Feet Naturally
Whereas for those who suffer from obesity or overweight, dark inner thighs are unavoidable for having a body covered by fat, fight obesity to prevent this condition. If there is an underlying medical condition, consult a physician immediately for proper treatment.