During a few days after washing your hair, you notice that your hair gets oily. That is the sign that you have greasy hair. Oil is a natural secretion of the sebaceous glands in the scalp, serves to maintain the scalp healthily and moisturized. Greasy hair occurs when the scalp produces excessive oil leading to further hair problems.
This condition would make you uncomfortable, and discover how to get rid of greasy hair fast would help in reducing the itching or discomfort on your head. Washing your hair with an oil free shampoo is a fast way to resolve greasy hair. Use a quality shampoo to get rid of the sticky oil on your hair and scalp.
In addition to the shampoo, there are some natural home remedies that you can use to maintain a healthy and oil-free hair. Natural ingredients such as apple cider vinegar, lemon, aloe Vera, eggs and baking soda have been proven to be effective in treating Oily hair.
- Tips for Oily Hair Treatments
- Rapid Home Remedies for Oily Hair
Tips for Oily Hair Treatments
Before we continue to discuss about home remedies for oily hair, you should read some of these tips for treatment and prevent greasy hair, including.
Avoid Washing Your Hair Daily
Don’t Overuse Hair Conditioner
Choose Good Quality Hair Products
Rinse Thoroughly of Your Hair
Keep Your Hands Away
Never Let Your Hair Staying Too Long at Hot Temperature
Let Your Mind Free from Stress and Depression
Living with Healthy Diet
Hair washing activity is an easy way to take care of your hair, but did you know that washing your hair may result in lost the natural moisturizing oils? Washing your hair every day can trigger the oil glands to produce excess oil as compensate for oil loss, resulting in your hair looks greasy and sticky.
All you need to do is washing your hair three times a week using a good shampoo oil removal to get rid of your greasy hair.
There is a possibility of your hair looks greasy during the first two weeks when using the oil remover shampoo; this condition is normal due to the scalp still produces excess oil, simply keep doing this procedure to get a balance.
When your hair is greasy, limit the use of conditioners, as you do not need a conditioner to keep your hair from drying out.
Some experts suggest avoiding the conditioner until the greasy hair problem resolved unless you insist on using conditioner, simply apply conditioner to the ends of your hair.
If you add too much conditioner on the hair, it may trigger the oil glands produce more Oil on your scalp.
Make sure you know the content of hair care products you use, avoid using hair products that are cheap or substandard, such as inexpensive shampoos, hair sprays, gels, and conditioners.
Cheap products are likely to contain many chemicals that build up oils and grease, thus make your hair looks greasy. Instead, search for hair care products which made of natural ingredients to create less build-up and no need to wash your hair more often.
There is no other way to remove residue left behind other than rinsing your hair thoroughly after shampooing unless you want to attract more dirt and oil on your hair of course.
During the 30-second, rinse off your hair with clean water to ensure no shampoo or conditioner residue that remains on the hair. The real problem occurs as the hair that not washed properly.
This does not mean you should not touch your hair, you know. However, if you have greasy hair, you should comb, brush and touch your hair as needed.
The more often you use your hands to your hair even with hair styling, more and more oil produced and create build-up resulting in oily hair.
Letting your hair exposed to hot temperature affects the production of excess oil in the scalp and making hair look greasy. You should avoid the following things to maintain healthy hair. Including, stay away from the use of hot water for washing your hair, it would be better using warm or cold water instead.
If you use a hairdryer, put the temperature control at a lower position. Do not let your hair exposed to sunlight in the summer. Use a hat or tie a bandana around the head for protection in the afternoon. Hot temperature triggers the formation of premature greying of hair and hair loss as well.
Stress and depression can be the cause of an imbalance of hormones in the body. When there is a hormonal imbalance, the pores on the scalp produces excessive oil, thus resulting in oily hair.
Both of these conditions can be controlled with meditation, yoga or exercise regularly and help you to prevent oily hair and other hair problems.
Hair and scalp require balanced nutrition for keep healthy. Notice your daily diet that fulfilled with vitamins, protein and iron, for instance, salmon and walnuts for omega 3, spinach and carrots for vitamin A. Foods rich in iron and protein prevent the hair thinning and hair loss.
Rapid Home Remedies for Oily Hair
Now we consider about any natural home remedies for oily hair. Some of the ingredients are easily obtainable and available on your kitchen as well.
Aloe Vera for Greasy Hair
Mentioned in many articles that aloe Vera acts as anti-oxidants and natural cleanser, which helps to remove excessive oil and grease on the scalp and hair. Here’s how to use aloe Vera as a hair treatment.
- Prepare a good quality shampoo and mix with aloe Vera to wash your hair as usual.
- Rub aloe Vera on the scalp and hair, leave on for about 15 minutes then rinse off your hair with warm water.
- Make a mixture of one tablespoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of aloe Vera gel.
- Add this mixture to a soft shampoo for washing your hair and leave for a few minutes then rinse your hair.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Greasy Hair
The vinegar can be defined as a natural astringent, so it can help to get rid of the excess oil on your hair. Simply use diluted apple cider vinegar or white vinegar to rub on your scalp and hair. Add three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar into a cup of water.
- Gently massage all over your hair with this mixture and rinse off your hair after 10 minutes thereafter.
- Complete this treatment three times a week to ensure all dirt and grease from your hair disappear.
Lemon Juice for Greasy Hair
Lemon juice known as an ancient natural treatment that contains citric acid, it helps to control oil and grease in the hair.
- Make an extract from two of lemon juice and mix into a cup of water.
- Gently massage your hair and scalp with this mixture and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Wash off your hair with shampoo to clean dandruff, dirt and oil from your hair.
- Repeat this process three times a week for fast treatment.
Eggs for Greasy Hair
Eggs that rich in protein help to remove excess oil and grease from your hair.
- Take two eggs or as you needed and beat them into a bowl, add curd and a teaspoon of lemon juice and stir evenly.
- Use this mixture as a hair mask and scalp. Leave for 15 minutes then rinse your hair using the shampoo to ensure no residue left behind.
- Do this process three times a week.
Herbal Tea for Greasy Hair
Tannic acid contained in tea can helps to eliminate excessive oil on the hair, thus it helps removing greasy hair you might have.
- Take some tea leaves or powder and boiled into a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes and let it cool down afterwards. Do not add sugar, because it is not for drinking.
- Apply the tea to your hair and scalp thoroughly, but do not forget to add and mix with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Rinse off your hair after 10-15 minutes.
Baking Soda for Greasy Hair
There are several ways to get rid of oily hair using baking soda.
- First take one tablespoon of baking soda and mix into a cup of water.
- Use this water mixture to wash your hair thoroughly.
- Alternatively, you can mix baking soda with the shampoo of your choice and use it for wash hair.
- Use this home remedy twice a week for oily hair care.
Henna for Greasy Hair
Henna has an ability to make your hair shiny, soft and smooth. Besides, henna is effective in eliminating greasy hair as well.
- Take a glass of water and mix with 6 tablespoons of henna powder. Stir evenly to make a soft paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair and let it dry out, rinse your hair thoroughly and get healthy, shiny and smooth hair.
- How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair Naturally at Home
- How to Get Rid of Dry Hair fast and Permanently
- How to Repair Damaged Hair Fast and Naturally
- How to Get Rid of Split Ends Naturally at home
Doing some experiments on your hair with beauty products that contain chemical ingredients have a risk in unwanted further hair problems.