Many people are looking for ways to eliminate the problem of large pores, for anyone who is looking for their best appearance, large pores can become a major obstacle to getting healthy and smooth skin, and also contribute to other skin problems such as acne and blackheads.
Pores are hair follicles scattered throughout the human body, there are approximately 5 million hairs which are owned by an average adult, and there is only a small number, especially on the face that makes you concerned.
Pores perform several functions such as eliminating toxins from the body, provide natural essential oils to remain your skin smooth and hydrated, and allows the skin to breathe. However, if dirt and oil clog pores, they become enlarged pores.
Developing a healthy skin care regimen is necessary to shrink enlarged pores. However, first you should need to understand the causes of enlarged pores that develop on your face, thereby the appropriate treatment can be prescribed for the skin, especially if you like to use beauty products for helping to shrink the pores.
There are several main reasons why large pores may appear on your faces, such as the use of cosmetics, genetics for the type of skin care, prolonged sun exposure, excessive oil production and surely the age factor.
Skin Type Plays a Role
In many cases, large pores usually tend to be owned by people who have oily skin. When a person’s skin creates excess sebum, it causes the oily skin to occurs, the oil that keeps the skin from drying out.
If you do not provide skin care routine for the excess oil, then there may be a blockage inside the pores that lead to the accumulation of dead skin cells and dirt within the pores which makes them appear larger than they should be.
People who are prone to skin irritation can have a ruddy or olive skin. Inflamed and irritated skin are other causes of large pores to appear. The appearance of large pores might get worse if the skin exposed to sunlight, the wind and cold.
Age Factor and Large Pores
When someone is getting older, the skin also produces less collagen resulting in less firm and reduced skin elasticity. Thereby the age plays a major role in appearance of large pores.
Genetics and Gender
Gender strongly influence the size of pores, and men usually have larger pores than women. However women experience hormonal changes due to pregnancy, menstruation, and menopause, which in turn they have large pores developments on the cheeks and nose.
Hormonal changes always occur in women causing these conditions follow to change, but once women are getting older and experiencing menopause, it will be difficult for them to reduce the appearance of large pores.
Genetic predisposition has influence on the size of pores, if both parents have oily or large pores, hence will most likely be relegated to their children. The pores on the cheeks and nose which are not in healthy skin care provide some adverse effects on your skin, but certainly they are not dangerous.
Large Pores Effects on Skin
Texture and surface of the skin can be affected when pores become enlarged or stretched out which eventually causes the skin to bumpy, and it commonly occurs on the surface of the cheek and nose.
If the skin becomes irritated because of exposed to the heat, cold or wind, it makes matters even worse. Large pores also lead to accumulation of excess oil so that acne is harder to remove.
How To Get Rid Of Large Pores On Nose, Face And Cheeks
Would you like to know how to shrink pores or reduce the size of pores on your face, especially on the cheeks and nose? There are a lot of beauty products available on the market that can help to reduce open pores but keep in mind that you can not completely get rid of pores because they are a natural part of your skin.
If money is not a major issue for you, buying cosmetic products is an easy option, or else you can go to your local beauty clinic for the best solution. However, you can also use other options such as applying natural home remedies which equally effective for shrinking open pores and reducing blackheads.
The Famous Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the natural remedies that can be used to cleanse open pores, remove blackheads and reduce excess oil. It has an astringent quality that works as a natural toner to shrink large pores, tightens skin naturally and improves the skin’s pH balance. Besides, Apple cider vinegar can also be used as the acne treatment, because it has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with water in the same proportion
- Clean your face and then apply the mixture to your face using a cotton ball and gently wipe thoroughly, especially on the nose, cheeks and chin, wait for a few minutes, rinse off with cold water afterward.
- Make sure that you do this routine every night after cleansing your face to get the best results. You can apply a light moisturizer on your face as an additional treatment.
The Magical Egg White and Lemon
Egg white known as a remedy for various health problems. In our case, egg white mask can be used to overcome the problem of enlarged pores because of its ability to soak up excess oil from greasy skin, if mixed with squeezed lemon, they have the potential to shrink large pores due to it works by tones up and tightening the skin.
If the stench of egg white is bothering you, maybe you should avoid the treatment using egg white because it is likely can lead you to nausea. Egg white used as a facial mask.
- Simply whisk the egg white after the yellow portion taken.
- Apply it evenly throughout your face and wait a few minutes until it completely dries.
- Rinse off with water afterwards.
- The egg white mask works by tightening the skin and drawing out impurities within the pores.
- Do this home remedy once or twice a week on a regular basis to keep your skin healthy.
Note » After applying the mask, you can cover your face with pieces of tissue paper to help peeling the egg white mask when it completely dries.
Mixture of Lemon and Egg White
Lemon is a natural antiseptic and it acts as an astringent for the skin.
- Create a mixture between two egg whites and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Apply evenly throughout your face and let them dry completely for at least 10 minutes.
- Do not forget to rinse off with water.
- Do this treatment once or twice a week for a month and see the results.
Add Oatmeal as Natural Scrub
Oatmeal is a fiber rich food which has beneficial for the beauty of the skin. It can be used as a moisturizer and natural scrub because of its ability to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Take an egg white and mix with lemon juice and oatmeal as much as two tablespoons.
- Apply the mixture on your face thoroughly.
- Leave for about 30 minutes until it completely dries and rinse off afterwards.
- Do this treatment at least two times a week consistently.
The Sweet Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrub has the advantage to get rid of dead skin cells, removes excess oil and dirt from the pores and helps to reduce the size of pores, making the skin looks spotless and radiant. You can make homemade sugar scrubs by following these steps:
- Take one lemon and make a thin slice of the lemon, put a little sugar on the wedge, and rub it gently throughout your face.
- Rinse off your face with cold water after 10 minutes of waiting.
- Apply this treatment twice a week on a regular basis at least for a few weeks to get the best results.
Adding Natural Olive Oil
Olive oil is a natural cleanser and moisturizer which is ideal for the face, and it is made from olives.
- Take one tablespoon of olive oil and a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice into a cup.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar and then stir them well.
- Apply the mixture to your face and gently massage for about 1 minute, then rinse off with cold water.
- Perform this treatment for two times a week.
Mixing With Honey
Honey contains lots of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and potassium that can be used as moisturizers, toners even face masks.
- Make a combination between honey, a little sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture throughout the face and gently massage for about 10 minutes, then wash off with cold water.
- Do this treatment for twice a week until you have the desired results.
The Pure of Baking Soda
Baking soda is basic ingredient for making cakes. It is also widely known as a natural skin remedy. It has the ability to get rid of dirt, debris and excess oil from your skin by working as a gentle exfoliating agent.
It also helps to treat the problem of acne and pimples because it has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. However, unfortunately, not everyone can take advantage of the baking soda treatment. For those who have sensitive skin, I suggest avoiding this kind of therapy, because it can lead to allergy and irritation.
- Create a mixture of two tablespoons of baking soda and warm water.
- Apply the mixture all over your face, particularly on the cheeks and nose area while gently massage in a circular motion for a few seconds.
- Rinse off with cold water afterwards, you may add moisturizer if necessary.
- Perform this process every day for a week, and repeat 3 times a week afterward.
Note » If you are experiencing skin irritation, discontinue the treatment immediately and consult your dermatologist.
The Fuller’s Earth Powder
Fuller’s earth is a clay sediment that has been known as an agent for lightening the skin because of its ability to be applied as a facial bleach.
It is also effective to treat open pores because of its enormous drawing capabilities to absorb excess oil and exfoliates the dead skin cells as well as reduces blemishes and scars and improve sun-damaged skin.
- Put two tablespoons of fuller’s earth into a cup which has been filled with sufficient rose water and stir the mixture until the smooth paste formed.
- Apply the mixture throughout your face and leave for about 25 minutes until it dries.
- Remove the facial mask with gently scrub and rinse off with water.
- Do this process twice a week regularly and add moisturizer if necessary.
The Fresh Lemon Juice and Honey
Lemon juice is one of the natural remedies that widely used for skin care. It contains citric acid which has the capability of removing impurities from the pores and remove dead skin cells, also contains vitamin C which helps in brightening the skin.
- Squeeze a fresh lemon juice and place in a cup, add a tablespoon of natural honey and stir evenly.
- Apply all over your face and leave it for approximately 15 minutes then rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do this treatment every day for a month or once obtained the desired results.
The Tomato Lotion
Tomatoes contain vitamin C which is higher than oranges, making them effective for natural remedies for skin. Tomatoes help to shrink the enlarged pores, skin tightening, and reduce excess oil, also have the capability to slow down the aging of the skin because they contain antioxidants and lycopene.
- Make a mixture of two tablespoons for each fresh tomato juice and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Spread throughout your face and leave for about 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Repeat every day for about a month or once obtained the desired results.
The Unsweetened and Unflavored Yogurt Mask
Yogurt is one of the natural remedies that contains lactic acid and has the capability to remove excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells so that it can minimize the appearance of enlarged pores.
- Take sufficient fresh yogurt and apply it to the whole of your face.
- Leave for about 10 minutes and rinse off with water.
- For treatment variation ⇔ add one tablespoon of gram flour with two tablespoons of yogurt, mix and apply to your face.
- Leave for 10 minutes then rinse with water.
- Do this process three or four times a week for a month.
- The improvement will come after just a few uses.
The Oatmeal for Mask
Oatmeal is great to use for getting rid of the excess oil on the skin and exfoliates dead skin cells and able to soothing the skin so that people who have sensitive skin can take advantage of oatmeal as a natural skin care.
- Create a mixture of five tablespoons of honey, two tablespoons of oatmeal and two tablespoons of milk powder.
- Apply to your face and gently massage in circular motion.
- Wait for 15 minutes then rinse with water.
- Repeat two or three times a week until the desired result is achieved.
The Cucumber Juice for Mask
Cucumber is a vegetable that has the ability for shrink pores as it can acts as an astringent if rub into the skin, improve the skin texture and make skin more radiant.
- Make the juice from grated cucumber, dip a cotton ball into the juice and apply to your face.
- Wait for 20 minutes then rinse off with cold water.
- Add a little rose water or lemon the juice if you want maximum results.
More Tips to Prevent Large Pores to Appears
- Do not use cosmetic products that can clog pores, especially products that make skin glands produce excess oil
- Do not use products that have ingredients that can dry out the skin or cause skin irritation.
- Use a gentle facial cleanser and water-soluble
- Use water-based moisturizer, moist skin is the first step to have healthy and glowing skin.
The natural remedies are the best-selected treatments that you can do as well as cosmetic products for reducing the size of enlarged pores and other skin problems, avoid your skin from direct exposure to sunlight; also, you can do facial steam once a week to unclog the pores. The key to success with natural remedies is consistency in applying the natural treatments.