Having scabs causing your skin look unattractive. Looks one big, ugly and stuck on one area of noticeable skin, scabs can lead to chaotic appearance. They probably appear on the knee, arm or elbow, or somewhere else due to skin injury. Scabs are the natural process of skin rejuvenation; they are formed as a result of skin injuries that lead to the creation of hard coating on the skin and provide protection for bleeding injuries.
Scabs appear as a beginning of the healing process of severe injuries. They are potentially leaving indelible scars, although scabs are healed, removing scars is another challenge. However, we will learn how to get rid of scabs overnight naturally in this regard.
How to Get Rid of Scabs Using Easy Home Remedies
Learning how to get rid of scabs might not be as difficult as you might think, there are home remedies available that you can apply to get rid of scabs on the face, arms, or other body parts. Here are a few of them.
- Plantain Leaves
- Take about ten plantain leaf and pound them in a small container.
- Extract its juice and apply it on scabs area, this application will speed up the healing of cuts.
- Follow this treatment every day until your injuries healed.
- Onion Juice
- Grab some onion and pound them to form a smooth paste. Add honey and stir the mixture evenly.
- Apply the paste on your scabs and allow it to stay for 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water and follow the application at least three times a day for several days.
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Take aloe leaves and extract its juice. Apply the aloe vera juice on your scabs.
- Allow it to stay for a few minutes and rinse with cold water afterward.
- Repeat this process at least 3-4 times a day for several days to get rid of scabs and cuts.
- Baking Soda
- Make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply the paste liberally on cuts and from scabs and the surrounding area.
- Allow the application perfectly dry and rinse with lukewarm water afterwards.
- Perform this home remedy twice a day for several days until you recover from scabs.
- Tea Tree Oil
- Pour a few drops of tea tree oil on a piece of cotton.
- Gently apply tea tree oil on your scabs and cuts evenly, including surrounding area.
- Repeat the application several times a day; you can apply tea tree oil to cure acne and acne scars effectively as well.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dilute the vinegar by adding 50 ml of water into 5 ml of apple cider vinegar, mix evenly to get a lightweight solution.
- Dip a cotton ball into diluted vinegar solution and apply liberally on scabs area.
- Leave for about 20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water afterward. Repeat this process several times a day to get the desired results.
- Take the garlic and blend into the cup of wine. Leave for about two hours and strain the solution subsequently.
- Apply the solution to the scabs area, of course with the help of a cotton ball to make it easier.
- Allow it to stay for 10 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water scabs. Remember, no more than 10 minutes to prevent irritation to the skin.
- Repeat this process several times a day for several days for better results.
- Potassium Alum
- Prepare a small amount of potassium alum and grind to form a fine powder. Add adequate water and mix evenly to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on scabs area freely, and leave for about 10 minutes until the paste dries out.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water, repeat this process several times a day for several days until the scabs off.
- Take a small amount of honey and apply it on scabs area. Leave until the application dries out.
- Rinse off with water afterward and repeat this process several times a day for best results.
- Epsom Salt
- Pour Epsom salts into the bathtub and use for soaking for about 30 minutes.
- Pat dry scabs once removed of the tub. Repeat this process several times a day to remove scabs easily.
- Warm Compress
- Dip the cotton ball in the warm water, put the cotton ball on the scabs that serve as a warm compress.
- Repeat the compress several times a day; it will dissolve scabs bit by bit.
- Apply Neosporin after applying the compress to reduce the risk of infection and accelerate healing.
Many people do not realize the significant benefits offered by plantain leaves. According to research, plantain leaf is an effective healing agent when it comes to treating injuries. Anti-inflammatory properties present in plantain leaves are very useful for curing scabs and other types of cuts.
Ingredients you need: (i) Plantain leaves – ten pieces. (ii) Small container – clean one.
Being rich in antimicrobial properties, making the onion is one easy remedy to cure scabs, and fortunately without leaving any noticeable scars. Onion also contains antioxidant that protects the skin from viruses and free radicals, creating a soft and healthy skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Onion – a few slices. (ii) Honey – one teaspoon.
Note » Application of garlic is also acceptable instead of onion with similar effect.
Also read » Treatments for Bumps on Back of Head
Aloe vera has become an indispensable part of the beauty for centuries. It is the easy and efficient remedy when it comes to getting rid of scabs and cuts, due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties contained in aloe vera promotes the circulation of blood vessels. Therefore the topical application of aloe vera works efficiently to relieve bruises, cuts, and superficial scabs.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera juice – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
Note » Aloe Vera application seems doesn’t work on deeper wounds.
Also read » Acne Keloidalis Nuchae Natural Treatment
Baking soda acts as a mild antiseptic and fungicide, which is useful for killing bacteria and fungi which might grow around the wound and scabs. It also works to remove scabs gently by tightening. Hence, baking soda is most appropriate when cuts and scabs stay at the stage of healing. It works efficiently to eliminate scabs and scars completely.
Ingredients you need: (i) Baking soda – two tablespoons (10gr). (ii) Water – one cup (100ml).
Note » Apply this remedy once you have soaked in the bath for best results.
Tea tree oil is one effective solution when it comes to eliminating the scabs. It is laden with antiseptic content that promotes healing of the cuts and scabs safely and efficiently. Applying tea tree oil topically can help restore skin softness due to various problems that may arise.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea tree oil – sufficiently. (ii) Cotton balls – a few pieces.
Apple cider vinegar promotes skin’s pH balance and helps improve growth of skin cells. Hence, the vinegar is very appropriate as an application of treatment to get rid of scabs and cuts efficiently. Apple cider vinegar is also rich in anti-microbial properties that allow the extermination bacteria that may present in the skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Apple cider vinegar – 5 ml. (ii) Water – 50 ml. (iii) Cotton balls – a few pieces.
Garlic offers a myriad of benefits to address a variety of skin problems, just like onions. Thus it has been used effectively for centuries to get rid of scabs and cuts that might arise. It occurs, as the antimicrobial properties present in garlic helps prevent infection easily and efficiently.
Ingredients you need: (i) Garlic – three cloves. (ii) Wine – one cup. (iii) Cotton ball – a few pieces.
Potassium alum obtained as a result of the reaction of potassium sulfate and aluminum sulfate and is commonly used as a deodorant, styptic, and astringent. Alum is also effective for treating scabs, as it works by tightening that eventually loosening of the skin. Also, it uses a method of constricting the blood vessels around scabs and cuts.
Ingredients you need: (i) Potassium alum – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
Honey is a valuable remedy that able to cure various skin complaints. It is rich in antiseptic properties, which are useful to fight against bacteria and cleanse wounds; hence it is magnificent for getting rid of scabs and cuts that you may have. It helps speed recovery and prevents the formation of scars.
Ingredients you need: (i) Honey – a small amount. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
Epsom salts have the ability to provide a calming effect when applied it topically. In addition, it also helps relieve the pain and irritation due to the emergence scabs, in fact, it can reduce the redness and swelling around the scabs.
Ingredients you need: (i) Epsom salt – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
Applying a warm water can help loosen scabs on the skin. Scabs will fall off without leaving a scar eventually. It is an easy remedy to get rid of scabs, but make sure not to draw the scabs, as it can cause scar tissue that could potentially leave scars.
Ingredients you need: (i) Warm water – sufficiently. (ii) Cotton ball – a few pieces.
Important Tips to Overcome Scabs
You can consider the following tips along with home remedies to get rid of the scabs and cuts you might have.
- Apply vitamin E oil topically to help remove scabs faster.
- Never apply makeup over the scabs, as it can clog scabs.
- You can apply Neosporin instead of lotion to prevent the possibility of infection.
However, always consider refraining from picking scabs forcibly, as it will increase the possibility of the scars under the scabs.