Everyone undoubted knows, when it comes to skin fungus, there are always a few symptoms that accompany the infections, including itching, redness, and burning sensation. It is quite common for today’s active lifestyles and this condition can happen to anyone, regardless of any age.
Fungi is a kind of microorganisms, and to be honest, you can find these organisms almost everywhere. In fact, there are more than 50,000 different species of fungi that inhabit the earth’s environment, both outside or inside, including your body.
Your skin is an excellent place for the fungus to evolve. Over the years, there may be no disruption because of the growth of fungi. However, several factors can cause fungus to overgrow and change, and this condition can lead to fungal infections you may have.
This disease can attack all over the surface of your skin in any part of your body, especially in areas that are moist and warm, in the skin folds, scalp, vagina, or your foot. Some of the active athletes suffering from a fungal infection that attacks their feet and some people may experience in other areas of their body, and the severity of individual may vary.
What Causes Skin Fungus?
Several factors such as a poor immune system, having contact with someone who infected, poor hygiene, poor blood circulation, or when a person live in a warm environment, are the major causes of fungal infections.
Home Remedies for Skin Fungus Infection
Reducing the symptoms and getting rid of fungus is the only way to cure infections, caused by the skin fungus. There are some home remedies yet highly useful that you can apply for this purpose.
Tea Tree Oil
Lots of people use tea tree oil as natural ingredients for their beauty treatments. It is not surprising, as tea tree oil is an abundant source of various essential nutrients needed by the skin, including for treating the skin fungus.
It is rich in anti-fungal compounds that can get rid of the fungi causes fungal infections. Besides, the content of antiseptics from tea tree oil may help to combat the spread of fungal infections in other body parts. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea tree oil – sufficiently. (ii) Olive oil or sweet almond oil – sufficiently. (iii) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently.
- Make a solution from olive oil and tea tree oil in equal amounts. You may use sweet almond oil instead of olive oil. Mix evenly and apply on the affected area of skin fungus. Do this several times a day for faster results.
- For the treatment of fungal infection in the vagina, simply put a few drops of tea tree oil on a tampon, and insert it in the vagina. Let your vagina holds the tampon for two to three hours and repeat twice in one day, once in the morning and at night before bed.
- For another alternative, use a mixture from one teaspoon of aloe vera gel and three teaspoons of tea tree oil, you may change the amount of the mixture, as long as it has a ratio of 1: 3. Then, simply apply the mixture on the affected area several times a day.
- Perform these treatments for several weeks, or until the infection alleviate entirely
Note » Pregnant women prohibited from using tea tree oil as a treatment of skin fungus.
Modern society certainly has been familiar with yogurt as part of a healthy diet in their lives. It is good for you, even has been widely advertised as a secret to get healthy digestion.
However, yogurt can do more than that, one of them is to promote the health of the skin, including eliminating the fungal infections.
Yogurt is a remarkable way to treat skin infections caused by fungi or bacteria. Yogurt can control the fungal growth since it contains probiotics as a result from the production of lactic acid. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Plain yogurt with live cultures. (ii) Cotton ball – clean ones. (iii) Warm water – sufficiently.
- Apply yogurt with live culture on the infected area of the skin. Use a cotton ball to help simplify the rubbing, with the dipped first.
- Wait for 30 minutes to let the yogurt fight the infection perfectly.
- Wash with warm water and pat dry afterwards.
- Apply this treatment twice a day until the skin fungus disappears.
- Always incorporate plain yogurt into your daily diet, simply consume two cups of yogurt with live culture as a treatment from the inside.
- For the treatment of vaginal infections, pour yogurt on a tampon and insert it into the vagina and leave for two hours. You can apply it twice a day.
Note » You need to develop healthy bacteria to fight infection effectively, with the help of the live cultures in yogurt. Do the application each day until the skin fungus is completely gone.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Taking apple cider vinegar as a treatment for various problems of fungal infections may be equally beneficial in the treatment of prescription medications.
The antimicrobial that are present in apple cider vinegar is very effective in killing the fungus causing the infections, as well as its mild acidic properties, help prevent further infections and are useful in regenerating the skin to promote a speedy recovery.
It works in a great way, by exerting pressure to the area of infection and penetrate deep into the skin. It is no wonder; apple cider vinegar is a convenient method to get rid of skin fungus.
Ingredients you need: Apple cider vinegar – sufficiently. (ii) Warm water – sufficiently. (iii) Cotton ball – sufficiently.
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar with water, in moderation.
- Apply it on the affected area of the infection, you can use a cotton ball to help the apple cider vinegar remains on the skin.
- Leave for 30 minutes to allow the apple cider vinegar absorbed by the skin perfectly.
- Pat dry the treated area when it’s completed, do a few times a day each day until the skin fungus completely gone.
- As a complementary the treatment, provide a cup of warm water and mixed with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, stir it well and drink afterwards. Do it twice a day.
Many health benefits we can retrieve from kinds of garlic, as a home remedy, it can help treat several diseases, including fungal infections, ear infections, and several other conditions.
Once the fungus meets garlic, its anti-fungal agent will work to eliminate the fungus completely, as well as anti-bacterial and antibiotic properties from the garlic is a remarkable way to promote a quick recovery.
It is a simple yet very efficient medication in treating skin fungus and infections caused by bacterias, it also prevents the spread and restrain further growth. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Garlic – 2 cloves. (ii) Olive oil – sufficiently. (iii) Gauze – sufficiently.
- Combine a few drops of olive oil with crushed garlic to get a paste.
- Place the paste on the affected area of skin fungal infections and leave for 30 minutes.
- Pat dry the affected area, after wash it with lukewarm water. Use it twice a day for several days until the infection is gone.
- When dealing with a vaginal infection, simply wrap one clove of garlic in a gauze, then insert into the vagina and immediately taken, once it reaches 30 minutes inside. Do it only once a day and for a few days.
- If you do not have any problems with the smell of garlic, you can take a few cloves of garlic into your food. It is very useful to accelerate the healing of fungal infections, only it works from the inside.
- A garlic supplement may be an option, if you are looking for ease in oral treatment.
For many generations, people have been using turmeric for medicinal purposes. This bright yellow condiment has been widely used to treat and reduce symptoms of various kinds of diseases, such as depression, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and even a fungal infection of the skin.
Just like any other natural home remedies, turmeric is also rich in antifungal, antiseptic and natural antibiotic, which makes it as a great way to remove the fungus causing the infection. Not only that, but it also has healing properties which encourage a faster recovery and prevent the emergence of recurring infection.
Ingredients you need: (i) Turmeric powder – sufficiently. (ii) Warm water – sufficiently. (iii) Milk – one cup. (iv) Honey – sufficiently
- Mix two teaspoons of turmeric powder with water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area of the infection.
- Please wait for two hours and rinse off with lukewarm water afterwards.
- Use this medication twice a day until the skin fungus disappear completely.
- In case you do not have the turmeric powder, use the turmeric oil instead. Apply on the affected area, the night before going to sleep and once in the morning until the infection is subsided.
- For accelerating the healing process, drink a cup of warm milk mixed with one teaspoon of turmeric. Add one teaspoon of honey to complement the sweetness.
Note » Drinking turmeric juice will improve the immune system, while applying to the skin will make the skin look smooth and blemish-free, regardless of curing the fungal infections.
If you are looking for a natural alternative for synthetic antibiotic, then go for the oregano oil. It has been known to contain natural anti-fungal properties that are useful for a fight the fungus that triggers the infections of the skin, and the antimicrobial properties of oregano oil have a benefit in preventing the skin fungus. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Oregano oil – sufficiently. (ii) Olive oil – sufficiently. (iii) Warm water – one glass.
- Make a mixture of oregano oil and extra virgin olive oil in the same amount.
- Rub the mixture of these two oils at the infection affected area and wait for a few hours.
- Drinking a glass of water twice a day, mixed with three drops of oregano oil as a complementary treatment.
- There are also oregano oil capsules as a delicious way for internal medication. Use one according to your liking.
Note » Use only the alcohol free of oregano oil.
Coconut oil is one of the healthiest substances that you may find, its reputation has been tested for centuries and is a favorite among health enthusiasts, nutritionists, and even beauticians, as it may utilize in many different ways.
In fact, this inexpensive oil is probably all that you need for the health and beauty of the skin, including removing fungal infections, and create the smoothness of your skin.
Coconut oil packed with essential fatty acids such as caprylic acid, lauric acid, and capric acid. They have anti-fungal, antioxidant, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. These fatty acids can act as a natural fungicide against the fungus that causes infections. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Extra virgin coconut oil. (ii) Cinnamon oil – sufficiently. (iii) Lukewarm water – sufficiently.
- For an easy treatment, simply apply the extra virgin coconut oil to the area of the emergence of the skin fungus. Do it twice a day, and allow the oil to dry naturally.
- You may add cinnamon oil in equal amounts as an additional substance, then apply on the affected skin infections
- For curing fungal infection in vagina, use a tampon that has been dipped in coconut oil, insert it into the vagina and wait for two hours, rinse with warm water afterwards. Perform this method once a day until the infection subsided.
In addition to its delicious taste, tea is also beneficial for treating skin fungus. Tannin contained in the tea has shown incredible properties in killing fungus responsible for the infection.
As well it’s natural antibiotics which are present in tea works in a magical way to banish the symptoms of diseases such as irritation, itching, swelling and a burning sensation of the skin. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea bags. (ii) Warm water and a refrigerator.
- Dip the tea bags into the warm water for 10 minutes, then move the tea bags into the refrigerator and wait for about 30 minutes.
- Place the chilled tea bags on the area of skin fungus for several minutes.
- Repeat three times a day until you get relief from the infections.
- When it comes to toenail fungus, simply soak six tea bags into five cups of hot water and allow it for five minutes.
- Soak the foot into the water for 30 minutes, but make sure the soaking water of tea have chilled.
- Perform twice daily for a couple of weeks.
Many studies have been carried out at the lavender oil, one of them was published in the Journal of Medical Microbiology. It shows that the lavender oil provides a potent antifungal effect against the fungus that causes infections.
It also proves that all skin types can accept the lavender oil, and it can heal various conditions such as scars, sunburns, dandruff, acne, eczema, stretch marks, rashes and insect bites. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lavender oil – sufficiently. (ii) Cotton ball.
- Take a few drops of lavender oil and pour it on a cotton ball.
- Apply on the affected area of skin fungus and leave for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Perform twice daily for a couple of weeks or when you see the skin fungus disappear.
Note » Make sure to use lavender oil with pure medicinal properties, instead of scented one.
When it comes to olive oil, does the word “healthy”, pop ups in your mind? Yes, most people all over the world have used it as a natural health product.
How about the olive leaf, what comes to your mind? Of course, the olive leaf precedes olive oil. It is an exceptional natural antioxidant, and it also contains antifungal and antimicrobial properties that help in getting rid of fungus causing the infection.
Besides, olive leaf helps improve the immune system which makes it speed up the recovery process. The color of olive leaf extract is dark brown, and it is different with olive oil you might already know, and it has a neutral taste sensation at the first time. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Olive leaf – a few. (ii) Warm water – sufficiently.
- Make a paste by grinding some olive leaves plus a few drops of warm water.
- Apply the paste on the area indicated the skin fungus and leave for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water afterwards and pat dry your skin.
- Perform this treatment twice daily until the infection subsided.
- As a complement, also make a tea from olive leaves, take two teaspoons of olive leaves dried and crushed.
- Add a cup of hot water and wait for about 5 to 10 minutes, strain and drink of the tea while it still warm.
Additional Tips for Preventing Skin Fungus
The following steps you need to do for preventing recur skin fungus disturbing your life.
- Damp skin is the place where the fungus causing the infection evolved, take a bath after dense activity can keep your body away from humidity.
- Use antibacterial soap when bathing that sold in local stores adjust to your skin type.
- Cleaning routine for the foot properly, including wash off the foot with soap and scrubbed or peeled off dead skin cells to prevent bacteria and fungus evolved on it.
- Avoid shoes and feet from humidity and make them remain dry.
- Use nail polish to be taken its benefit in removing the skin fungus. Aimed for the ladies of course.
- Remove your shoes once in a while, it will provide the opportunity for your feet to breathe and dry due to perspiration.
- Wear underwear made of cotton, as wearing the panty liners increase the risk of recurrence fungal infection in the vagina.
- Avoid tight pants, otherwise wear a short or loose trouser, so that the vagina remain dry, cold, and has a good air circulation.
Along with these home remedies, the proper skin care and practice of good hygiene are the wise way for preventing and treat the fungal infection of the skin.
If you notice your infection is getting worse, there is no other way except consulting a specialist.