There are many changes occur in human skin as a person gets older, whether caused by internal and external factors, one of them is the appearance of stretch marks. If you have these marks, you probably will avoid wearing some types of clothing as stretch marks may clearly be seen.
These are the lines or scars that visible on the skin surface, streaks or off-colored lines that formed on the skin caused by changes in weight or rapid stretching due to expansion and contraction of the skin, and luckily it is not a sign of a disease.
The abdomen is the most common area of the body where stretch marks can be seen. However, the stretch marks may also appear on other body areas such as the breasts, thighs, upper arms and buttocks.
What Causes of Stretch Marks?
Let’s examine what causes the appearance of stretch marks. The dermatologists found that the main reason behind stretch marks is pregnancy, whereas some other reasons that can be found are heredity, rapid growth, stress, physical condition changes, a sudden gain or loss in weight. In more details:
Changes in Hormonal
Weight Loss or Gain
Medications on a Disease or Pills
Like mentioned before that some of the causes of the appearance of stretch marks are the body changes, such as pregnancy, physical condition changes, rapid growth etc. The body changes lead to hormonal changes in the body, thus causing stretch marks on the skin visible.
Weight gain causes the skin to stretch, however when the weight loss occurs, stretch marks will usually be seen clearly. But what really happens is any change in weight can cause hormonal changes in the body.
Weight gain causes the skin to stretch, however when the weight loss occurs; stretch marks will usually be seen clearly. But what happens is any change in weight can cause hormonal changes in the body.
Symptoms of Stretch Marks
If you recognize some of the symptoms below appear on your skin, you are likely to have the stretch marks that usually appear in the area where some of the fats stored.
- Prior the developing of stretch marks, the skin usually becomes flattened, thin and pink.
- The emergence of lines in purple, red, pink on the skin.
- If you touch the affected areas, they will feel soft.
- The appearance of wrinkles on the lines in the early phase.
- These lines on the skin turn into white or silver as time passes.
- There will be similar to scars that appear on the skin.
- On the parallel lines, they appear in patches.
Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
In some periods of her life, a woman will develop stretch marks on her skin, even though this is a natural thing since a woman will experience hormonal changes as her age increases like mentioned earlier.
However due to the stretch marks make your appearance looks ugly, you certainly want to know how to get rid of stretch marks fast and more efficiently.
Some of you may think to visit a dermatologist as a way to get rid of stretch marks with surgical treatment and of course this method is fine, as long as you can set aside considerable funds for the treatment of stretch marks.
But, have you ever know that there are effective natural home remedies to get rid of stretch marks as well, here you will find some of the treatments you can do at home which will eliminate the scars from the affected area and restore your skin smoothness.
Sugar is a natural ingredient provided by nature that can exfoliate the skin. It is safe to use on your skin, and you do not have to be worry about getting irritation or allergy.
Ingredients you need: (i) Raw sugar – one tablespoon. (ii) Almond oil. (iii) Lemon juice.
- Prepare a mixture which consists of a tablespoon of raw sugar, a few drops of almond oil and lemon juice.
- Place the mixture on a clean container and mix evenly.
- Apply on the affected area of stretch marks, gently rub the mixture for a few minutes and wash off afterwards.
Note » This treatment should be done before a bath and do it for a month to see the stretch marks lighter.
As you might already know, apart from making the food taste good, olive oil known as a natural antioxidant and contains many nutrients that help to treat a variety of skin problems including stretch marks.
Ingredients you need: (i)Olive oil – a few drops. (ii) Vinegar. (iii) Water.
- Take a few drops of olive oil and rub into the skin where stretch marks appear.
- Gently massage your skin for a few minutes to improve blood circulation, leave for more than an hour to let Vitamins A, E and D that found in olive oil, perfectly absorbed by your skin.
- Rinse your skin afterwards to clean up unwanted oil residue.
- Do it every day until the stretch marks getting lighter.
- To add the effectiveness of the treatment, you can make a night cream by mixing olive oil with vinegar and water.
- Apply this cream before going to bed to keep your skin remain moist and exfoliates the skin.
For many generations, castor oil has been widely used to help resolve many skin problems such as freckles, moles, acne, age spots, wrinkles, and even becomes an effective home remedy to remove stretch marks.
Ingredients you need: (i) Castor oil – a few drops. (ii) Cotton cloth.
- Pour a few drops of castor oil into the palm of your hand, rub into the affected area of stretch marks while gently massage in circular motion, and wait for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a thin cotton cloth and use it to cover the affected area and leave for about 30 minutes.
- During covered by a cotton cloth, put a heating pad or hot water bottle over the affected area.
- Make sure you do not burn your skin or else it may causes other skin problems.
- Do this method each day for a month to see the positive results.
Aloe Vera is a perfect match for a variety of skin problems. Because of its soothing and softening, aloe Vera can be applied to your entire body, from head to toe, including alleviating the stretch marks.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera leaves. (ii) Vitamin A and E.
- Extract gel of some aloe Vera leaves, and gently rub directly on to the affected area, in case if you want no hassle, you can rub aloe Vera directly by cutting in the middle of the leaves to get the best gel.
- Rinse off with warm water 15 minutes later.
- You also have another option that makes aloe Vera work more effective in relieving the stretch marks on your skin.
- Prepare ¼ cup aloe Vera gel, add 10 capsules of vitamin A and E, respectively open the capsule and place into the cup, mix evenly and apply with a gentle rub on the affected area until fully absorbed by the skin.
- Repeat this process every day.
Here, we only use egg whites as a simple stretch mark therapy, although the yolk also effective when used together. Eggs contain proteins and amino acids, which effective for treating various skin complaints.
Ingredients you need: (i) Eggs – two. (ii) Olive oil.
- Take two eggs and separate the white parts, apply the egg whites to the affected area using a gentle brush.
- Wait for a few minutes until the egg white dry completely, rinse the area thoroughly with water afterwards.
- Do not forget to apply olive oil to keep the skin moisture.
- Do this each day for at least two weeks and noticed the positive results.
It is no surprise that the potato juice becomes one of the natural remedies for skin problems including the appearance of the stretch marks, although only a few people are aware of this. The content of vitamins and minerals in potatoes helps to stimulate the re-growth of skin cells to become faster.
Ingredients you need: (i) Potato. (ii) Warm water.
- Take a medium or large-sized potato, wash the potato with water.
- Make slices into pieces that you can grasp.
- Gently rub a slice of potato on the affected area for a few minutes and make sure the liquid that comes out of potato stick to your skin.
- Wash your skin with warm water after the liquid becomes dry.
Alfalfa leaf is one of the natural remedies that are widely used to maintain the health of the body, including the skin. The amino acids content in alfalfa works very quickly in removing toxins in the skin. Moreover, alfalfa also has natural vitamin E and K inside, which help in nourishing the skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Alfalfa leaf. (ii) Chamomile oil.
- Crushed some alfalfa leaves to form a smooth paste, add a few drops of chamomile oil and mix evenly.
- Gently massage the stretch marks on the skin for a few minutes, then rinse thoroughly with water.
- Perform this massage twice a day for a few weeks, and see positive changes on your skin.
In case you do not see positive results on the stretch marks, in other words, they are not completely removed, you are strongly advised to see a doctor if you are concerned about your condition, make a wise choice for your skin for better health.