Everyone likes to enjoy heat during the summer, even though they realize that the sun is increasingly dangerous, it does not discourage them to take advantage of the sun since it is known to be good for our body. The sun helps strengthen bones, improve the level of vitamin D, and increase skin appearance as well as the mood.
Many people wear the short dresses or whatever they like when they intend to enjoy the summer sun. However the clothes they wear mostly resulted in the skin overexposed to the sun. It might not be an enormous problem if they had taken the protection in moderation. However, without adequate protection, the effects of the sun can cause tan lines and tanning on the affected areas.
The onset of tan lines is the result of certain areas of the skin exposed to the sun more than any other parts of the body, resulting in a more visible area turns into a dark color. Tan lines causing the skin to look pale, besides it makes some people who have the tan lines develop an unattractive feeling. Thus, they figure out hardly how to get rid of the tan lines on their bodies immediately.
Sun Tan Adverse Effects
You should pay more attention when your skin is likely to get the excessive exposure to the sun, simply because it can promote the production of the melanin in the skin, in which it can affect the skin discoloration. Otherwise, you may experience some skin diseases as a result of exposure to sunlight and not merely the sun tan, a few of them are;
- Acne and pimples.
- Fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dark spot near eyes.
- Premature aging.
- Skin burn.
- Skin cancer in severe condition.
Protection of the skin against sun exposure is necessary to prevent the outbreak of disease and tan lines, but when we already have the tan lines and such, there is no other way except to apply the appropriate treatment to get rid of tan lines.
Good Home Remedies for Tan Lines
You might be thinking of going to an instant solution to get rid of the line of tan or sunburn. The solution usually involves chemicals and bleaching. It may be helpful at first, yet it can harm to skin for the long term.
Once you know the adverse effects of chemical treatments, it is better to apply a proven home remedy to help get rid of tan lines safely. Although the home remedy takes more than a week, it is still an effective way for those of you who refuse to miss every moment of the summer and do a variety of fun activities on the beach.
Blessed with abundant water deposit, making cucumber is one of the natural strength to get rid of tan lines. It acts as a cooling agent which helps tone the skin of the face, neck, hands and feet skin discoloration due to sun exposure. Besides, cucumber also loaded with vitamin C which complements the moisture to fade a tan.
- Make a thick paste of the cucumbers, or simply grab a few slices of cucumber.
- Apply cucumber on the affected area and allow it to stay for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water afterward.
- You can also make a solution of cucumber juice, lemon juice, and rose water and apply the solution on the affected area. Allowing for 15 minutes and rinse off afterward.
- Follow this treatment every day for a week or more to even out skin tone.
Potatoes provide a good amount of vitamin C and enzymes “Catecholase” which is known as a great skin lightening agent. It helps to treat the imbalance color of the skin and even out the tan lines. Since ancient times, the potatoes has been used extensively to treat various skin and other health problems.
- Grate peeled potatoes to form a thick paste. Apply the paste on the face or affected area.
- Leave for about 15 minutes and rinse with cold water afterward.
- You may also add some lemon juice into a paste and treated in the same way.
- For fast usage, rub the potato slices on the affected area.
Aloe Vera Gel
Many people use aloe vera as a natural ointment for various skin complaints. The gel form of the aloe vera makes it easy for anyone who wishes to take advantage of its benefits. Aloe vera provides a hydrating effect, and the antioxidant content of aloe vera is a great help in reducing sunburn and tan lines caused by exposure to the sun.
- Simply cut the leaf of the aloe vera and apply its gel in the affected area of the tan lines.
- Rub gently and allow the ointment dries out completely.
- Rinse with warm water and follow this treatment every day to get an even color tone of the skin.
Lemon juice can serve as an excellent natural scrub to remove dirt buildup and reduce the appearance of visible tan lines. It is also loaded with lots of vitamin C which is useful for preserving the texture and restore the skin discoloration.
Lemon juice also has an essential element of collagen that helps regenerate skin cells, slows the aging process and promotes skin tightening.
- Prepare a lemon and squeeze the juice. Mix with four tablespoons of honey.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area and leave for about 25 minutes.
- Rinse with water afterward and follow this treatment every day for several weeks.
Note » Apply the treatment and avoid the sun exposure. Avoid in cases of burns because the acid content of lemon is potentially irritating.
Gram Flour and Turmeric Pack
Being natural ingredients when it comes to skin care, making gram flour as a great exfoliating agent to scrub the dead skin cells and oil buildup in the skin.
On the other hand, turmeric has a good quality to enhance the skin glow, and it has been known since ancient times. Both combinations of these ingredients is an excellent way to get rid of the tan lines or a dark color on the skin.
- Mix two tablespoons of gram flour and a pinch of turmeric powder. Add rose water to taste to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area, while gently rubbing on your skin.
- Wait about 20 minutes before rinsing with cold water. Follow this remedy two times a day to eliminate tan lines.
The key to effectively eliminate tan lines is by doing gentle exfoliating on the affected area. You can ask for help from the oatmeal for this purpose, as it already widely applied as a great exfoliating agent for years.
It works to eliminate dead skin cells, which in turn frees you from striped skin due to the tan lines. You may also add the buttermilk along with the oatmeal which is useful to moisturize and soothe the skin.
- Make a mixture of two tablespoons of oatmeal plus three tablespoons of buttermilk.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area, either on the face or body.
- Perform gentle massage to shed the dead skin cells in a circular motion. Allow it to stay for 20 minutes and rinse with water afterward.
Papaya and Honey Pack
Everyone agrees that honey and papaya are very healthy for the body. Both have a sweet and tender taste, which most people almost impossible to refuse. They are also useful in removing tan lines caused by exposure to the sun.
Papaya is rich in several essential enzymes that are useful when it comes to skin whitening. Honey is great for skin moisturizing agent that helps soften the skin from the inside.
- Take a ripe papaya and remove its pulp for ½ of cup. Add one tablespoon of honey to pulp.
- Mix the two ingredients perfectly and rub on the affected area.
- Keep it for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water afterward.
Pineapple and Honey Pack
Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C and rich in several enzymes that help remove dead skin cells. As a source of antioxidant, pineapple also promotes skin improvement, reducing the aging process and prevent skin damage. Moreover, the pineapple also may help eliminate the tan lines.
- Make a mixture of two tablespoons of pulp pineapple and one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area and leave for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse with cold water afterward.
Tomatoes and Yogurt
Tomato acts a great skin toner, while yogurt provides adequate moisture and soften the skin from the dryness. Mixing the both ingredients along with a little lemon juice may help to get rid of the tan lines effectively.
- Take a few ripe tomatoes and extracts, its pulp for approximately two tablespoons.
- Add one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of yogurt, mix all the ingredients evenly.
- Apply the mixture on your skin, especially those exposed to the tan lines. Wait about 30 minutes and wash with cold water.
Note » The application of tomato can cause itching sensation on the skin, but over the use of the mixture on a regular basis, the sensation might fade out.
Preventive Measures from Tan Lines
There is nothing better than preventing the onset of tan lines; it is also known to be useful to protect your skin from the worst possibility due to sun exposure.
Sunscreen Is a Necessity
Why Not Try Out the Tanner
Wise Choice of Skin Exfoliation
Moisturizer Cream is a Miracle
It does not matter for you to go anywhere, but protecting the skin with a sunscreen is a necessity for you. Remember, the sun can be harmful in any situation, especially in summer.
Well, the tan lines may look embarrassing, then why don’t you hide the tan lines by providing shade on the tan lines? Many women and men admit that the tanned body become their favorite one; thus it is a brilliant idea to shade the tan lines with a tanner.
You should be more often concerned about your skin care. Running exfoliation is important to remove dead skin cells that will eventually restore the brightness of your skin from the tan lines. Of course, choose the appropriate exfoliating product for your skin type.
Keeping the skin moisture is the beginning of an overall skin health. Hydrated skin indicates that your skin is well maintained and it can easily get rid of skin disorders such as tan lines. Only use appropriate lotions, body oils or similar to moisturize the skin.
- Effective Ways to Get Rid of Sunspots on Face
- Natural Ways to Get Rid of Redness on Face
- Easy Home Remedies for Sunburn Relief
- How to Get Rid of Sunburn on Your Face
The onset of tan lines is not an indication of a disease, yet still, it can cause embarrassment to the owner. Along with the availability of a variety of home remedies, you can go for any of them and get rid of this nuisance permanently.