Hair plays a major role in the beauty of every woman, and it becomes a valuable asset that drives women for always take care of their hair. Regardless of whether they have thick or thin hair or preferably to accentuate the long or short hair along with straight or curly hair, having a healthy and shiny hair is the reason behind all of that styles, which has always been craved by every woman to reveal a good impression.
When it comes to hair styling, the limit is just our imagination. Our mind always leads to any style that gives the best appearance of our hair. Whether it is curling, straighten, let down, pull up and hair coloring, all of them are an extension of our true selves.
It comes as no surprise that women spend lots of their time, energy, and money to realize the dream of shiny hair. Therefore, it makes sense when they seek the best possible care for their hair.
Getting the soft and shiny hair is not as complicated as you might imagine, it only requires a proper routine so that the hair does not lose its strength and the luster which does not fade away.
However, you should also know about some of the factors that contribute to the hair damage, which makes it lose its luster and looks dull, lifeless and rough.
- The Causes of Dull and Dry Hair
- Effective Home Remedies for Shiny Hair
- The Significant Tips for Making Shiny Hair
The Causes of Dull and Dry Hair
Healthy hair contains natural oils in the outer layer, which is useful for keeping the hair to stay moist and shiny. When the outer layer is damaged, your hair may lead to dull, dry and lifeless.
Nutritional deficiencies, illness, harsh hair care products, inappropriate conditioner, sun exposure, excessive stress, age, hair dying, bad diet, chlorine in the pool and the application of heating appliances, are some of the factors which greatly contribute to the dull and dry hair. Learn how to get shiny hair and find out about foods for supporting the health of your hair in the following elaboration.
Effective Home Remedies for Shiny Hair
Running a healthy hair care regimen is an excellent way to obtain smooth, soft and shiny hair, either for men or women. Most people might think to take a lot of expensive products that claim to give outstanding results, yet we’re here not for that reason.
The solution of natural home remedies to achieve a smooth and shiny hair is considered to be better than any treatment available. However, you should realize that no overnight treatment can turn your hair into a shiny one in just one day, it takes perseverance from you, and even continuous care after your dream is achieved.
Eggs Mask for Shiny Hair
This food is an excellent source of essential nutrients gathered from nature. It packed with protein, phosphorus, zinc, sulfur, iodine, omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, and iron, which are very useful to achieve a healthy hair. Eggs work to repair dull and damaged hair, by improving the moisture and luster of the hair. It also maintains the strength and thickness of your hair strands.
Ingredients you need: (i) Eggs – sufficiently. (ii) Olive oil – sufficiently. (iii) Honey – sufficiently. (iv) Almond oil – sufficiently. (v) Yogurt – sufficiently.
- Make a smooth paste by mixing the ingredients of one egg and a tablespoon each of honey and olive oil.
- Apply this paste thoroughly on the scalp when the hair is damp. Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it stand for 30 minutes. Rinse off your hair with shampoo and cold water afterward.
- You can also make a concoction of two whipped eggs, two tablespoons of almond oil and 1½ cups of yogurt.
- Apply the mixture evenly on the hair and scalp, while gently massage using your fingers. Cover your hair with a shower cap and wait for 30 minutes. Wash off your hair with a mild shampoo and cool water.
- Both treatment of eggs is a great way to get soft and shiny hair, you can follow one of them for once a week.
Note » Beware, never use hot water while using the egg treatments, as the hot water may crumple the egg and make it difficult to dispose of.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Shiny Hair
Apple cider vinegar has a myriad of goodness for making the health of your hair is becoming a certainty. It is known as an excellent hair conditioner, which promotes the moist, soft and shiny hair. Apple cider vinegar works by removing residual buildup responsible for dull and lifeless hair, and it is also a great healing agent when dealing with dandruff, itchy scalp, and curly hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Apple cider vinegar – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently. (iii) Lemon juice – sufficiently.
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar by adding equal parts of water. Use this mixture to rinse your hair after shampooing.
- Leave for a few minutes while gently massaging your scalp, and finally rinse off your hair with cold water.
- You can also make a solution of two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and the juice of one lemon. Apply this solution to rinse your hair after shampooing.
Note » Apple cider vinegar also helps maintain the pH balance of the hair and accelerating the hair growth. Follow this remedy once a week for best result.
Coconut Oil for Shiny Hair
Provide exact nutrition to the hair regularly, is an elegant way to achieve a long and shiny hair. Coconut oil is an appropriate choice for repairing the dry and damaged hair, promotes hair growth and maintain the health of the scalp. It contains potassium, iron and protein that acts as a natural conditioner and works to restore moisture to the hair, which in turn makes the hair healthy and shiny.
Ingredients you need: (i) Coconut oil – sufficiently. (ii) Curry leaves – sufficiently.
- Take the warm coconut oil in moderation and apply on your hair thoroughly, from the roots to the tips.
- Perform a gently massage on the scalp for a few minutes then cover your head with a shower cap and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair with cold water, shampoo and condition the hair normally. Repeat this remedy once or twice a week for best results.
Note » You may run the same process using castor oil, olive oil, almond oil or coconut milk and yield the same result.
Rinsing with Beer
You did not misread here, the beers that stored in your refrigerator turned out to be a great agent when dealing with dull and dry hair. Beer contains tons of proteins (hops and malt) that provide nutrients to the hair follicles; it also helps repair damaged hair cuticles, making beer as an excellent hair tonic to improve healthy and shiny hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Flat beer – sufficiently.
- Apply the flat beer on your hair from the roots to the tips. Perform a gentle massage on the scalp.
- Leave for approximately five minutes to allow the beer well absorbed. Rinse off your hair with a mild shampoo afterward to remove the smell of the beer.
- Repeat this process once every two weeks and get the healthy and shiny hair.
Honey and Lemon
Honey is very influential in treating any disease over the centuries. It is also excellent when it comes to beauty care, including making the healthy hair. Moisturizing properties of honey can absorb and retain moisture in the hair, resulting in smooth and shiny hair, while the lemon extracts can help to get rid of the buildup of dirt, oils and dandruff.
Ingredients you need: (i) Honey – sufficiently. (ii) Lemon juice – ½ of lemon.
- For immediate use, simply dilute two tablespoons of honey mixed with a glass of warm water, and enter the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution onto your hair after shampooing, while gently massaging your scalp for a few minutes.
- Wait for 15 minutes and rinse off your hair with warm water.
- Alternatively, mix a half of lemon juice into a small bowl of honey, stir the mixture well and apply on your hair evenly.
- Gently massaging your scalp for a few minutes to make sure the honey is absorbed perfectly. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Note » Follow either of these hair treatments for once within a week to get soft and shiny hair.
Aloe Vera Gel for Shiny Hair
For the umpteenth time, aloe vera occupies its own place for the beautiful hair enthusiasts. Even in the beauty industry, aloe vera is taken into account as an essential ingredient of a variety of beauty products.
Aloe vera has moisturizing properties, and it contains lots of vitamins, antioxidants, antiseptics and other compounds that support the overall health of the hair. Besides, aloe vera also provides a glowing effect that results in a healthy and shiny hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently. (ii) Coconut oil – two tablespoons. (iii) Plain yogurt – three tablespoons. (iv) Hibiscus flowers – sufficiently. (v) Olive oil – one teaspoon.
- Mix the coconut oil and yogurt as much as the initial dose and four tablespoons of aloe vera gel to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the damp hair evenly while gently massaging the scalp, leave for 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water afterward.
- You can also grind some hibiscus flowers to form a thick paste. Add a teaspoon of olive oil along with a cup of aloe vera gel.
- Stir the mixture evenly and apply thoroughly on the hair, leave for 30 minutes and rinse off your hair normally.
Note » Either of these methods can be applicable for once or twice a week.
Banana Mask for Shiny Hair
If the dry and damaged hair are always haunting you, then look no further than the banana for a hair mask. Banana is rich in vitamin A and C that promotes soft and shiny hair. To restore the condition of your hair, you also need almond oil to make the hair mask. Almond oil is rich in vitamin E which provides additional nutrients for the damaged hair and restores the hair softness.
Ingredients you need: (i) Banana – sufficiently. (ii) Almond oil – a few drops.
- Make a thick paste from one crushed banana flesh mixed with a few drops of almond oils.
- Apply the paste to the entire hair from the roots to the tips. Gently massage of the scalp for a few minutes and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair with cold water. Repeat this process once a week to reduce damage to hair.
Yogurt for Shiny Hair
Yogurt is a fermented dairy product which provides many benefits for the body; it contains calories, carbohydrates, calcium and high levels of lactic acid which is very useful to prevent infections, including scalp infection. When it comes to the hair issues, it works as a natural deep conditioner that helps create a smooth, soft and shiny hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Plain yogurt – sufficiently. (ii) Comb – clean one.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to soften your hair. Apply yogurt throughout your hair, while gently massaging your scalp for a few minutes.
- Cover your head with a towel or shower cap and leave it for approximately 30 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair from the residue of the mask with lukewarm water, followed by shampooing and condition normally. Repeat this proses for once every week.
Gelatin is rich in collagen, which is widely used in skin and hair care products. You probably wonder, what makes the gelatin is highly effective for hair restoration? Yes, it is also known to contain amino acids and hydrolyzed protein that promotes soft, smooth and shiny hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Gelatin – one tablespoon. (ii) Warm water – one cup. (iii) Apple cider vinegar – one teaspoon. (iv) Lavender oil – a few drops.
- Place the gelatin in a cup of warm water to dissolve completely. Add the correct amount of apple cider vinegar and a few drops of lavender oil.
- Apply the mixture on your hair thoroughly, from the roots to the tips. Gently massage your scalp for a few minutes.
- Leave for about 10 minutes and rinse out your hair with lukewarm water. Follow this process for once a week.
Avocado Mask for Shiny Hair
For those who have dry and damaged hair, avocado is also a great help. Because it contains lots of essential nutrients that work as a deep natural moisturizer to restore the hair softness and creates a shiny hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Avocado – one ripe. (ii) Olive oil – two tablespoons. (iii) Banana – one ripe. (iv) Almond oil – 1½ tablespoons.
- Make a paste of one avocado flesh mixed with the correct amount of olive oil. Apply the paste on your damp hair from the roots to the tips.
- Gently massage your scalp for a few minutes and cover your hair with a towel. Leave for 30 minutes and rinse off your hair with cold water followed by shampooing as usual.
- Another variation of the potion you can make from a mixture of each of one avocado flesh and one ripe banana.
- Add the correct amount of almond oil and stir well to form a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your hair thoroughly and gently massage the scalp for a few minutes.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse off your hair with warm water and shampoo as usual.
Note » Perform one of these home remedies for once or twice a week.
Mayonnaise for Shiny Hair
Mayonnaise not only healthful for the body, but it also provides many benefits for your hair. You probably have a dry and unruly hair currently, then you should consider the mayonnaise as it is rich in protein, antioxidants and amino acids that are very useful to create a healthy, soft and shiny hair as well to promote hair growth.
Ingredients you need: (i) Mayonnaise – one cup.
- If you have thick and long hair, then you need a cup of mayonnaise or more depending on hair length.
- Apply directly to your damp hair. Spread evenly while gently massaging your scalp. Cover your hair with a towel or shower cap and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair with cold water followed by shampooing and condition normally. Repeat this process once a week for soft and shiny hair.
The Significant Tips for Making Shiny Hair
The majority of us have always noticed that the hair can be soft and smooth after the bath. However after 3-5 hours forward, everything is about to be rough, and you might think to wash your hair again. Thankfully, it is not necessary, because we are here to learn some tips on how to make hair shiny without reducing the quality of the hair.
Natural Hair Drying
Avoid Hair Dryer
Apply Proper Conditioner
Comb Your Hair Properly
Eat Healthy Foods
Most people are running the same ritual of washing hair for many years. Starting from wet the hair, use a shampoo, rinsing and dry out the hair with a towel.
You probably need to know, rubbing the hair with a towel turned out to cause damage to the hair. The roots and hair shaft can be weakened, resulting in stiff and dry hair. Instead, allow your hair in the open air is a healthy way to dry your hair.
Excessive use of hair dryer can lead to hair damage. It is not beneficial for the hair, as high temperatures can destroy the hair strands and the cause of premature white hair. The best solution is to restrict the use of the devices, including the plate to get straight or curly hair.
Conditioner makes your hair shiny and smooth, but you have to know the properly way to apply the conditioner. Shampooing your hair with warm water, rinse off and let it dry naturally.
Apply the intensive conditioner and cover up the hair with a shower cap. Let the scalp to sweat to open up the hair cuticle for allowing the conditioner for better absorption. Leave for about 5 minutes and rinse off with water afterward.
Protecting your hair from the chemical ingredients is imperative to keep hair strong and healthy. Avoid some of the chemicals that make your hair dry like chlorine in pools or any products made from alcohol and ammonia.
You can also apply serum to make your hair shiny and protecting you from the rough and dull hair. This method works effectively on wet hair, and apply the hair from the bottom toward the top slowly.
Many of us do not provide extra attention when combing the hair. Yet, it is an essential step to make hair shiny. Combing the hair can spread moisture from the scalp to the strands of hair, and it should be done at least twice a day. Use a wide tooth comb and avoid harsh movements.
Shiny hair not only obtained by running multiple external routines. You also need to take into account the intake of healthy foods to provide strength to the hair roots and improve the brightness of the hair.
Meat, cereals, spinach, fish and carrots are a few examples of excellent food supplements to strengthen and make hair shiny. Several essential ingredients you need to consider are.
You can find selenium in fish, shellfish, liver, sunflower and Brazil nuts. Selenium deficiency results in weak hair and leads to a receding hairline. It helps the enzymatic process and serves as an essential trace element that keeps hair strong and healthy.
This is an essential trace element that encourages the cells and tissues renewal. It works to strengthen the hair, bones and skin, as well to improve memory and immune system. Zinc deficiency results in malnutrition, dark skin, dull hair and retarded growth. You may find the content of zinc in fish, rice and beans.
The biotin is commonly found in liver, egg yolk, green vegetables, berries, and nuts, including several super foods such as almond oil, acai berry, mulberry, wheat grass powder and goji berry. It is a water-soluble vitamin B (vitamin B7) which promotes strong and soft hair. The biotin deficiency may lead to dull, lifeless and hair loss.
It is important for you to obtain several super foods as a source of intake for your daily diet. It can promote a healthy and shiny hair, regardless of external care. Also, the use of natural based shampoo and conditioner is highly recommended, to keep the hair in top of health condition.
- How to Get Silky Hair Overnight With Natural Remedies
- How to Get Long Hair Fast Naturally Within a Month
- How to Stop a Receding Hairline and Regrow Naturally
You will need more time when running a few home remedies on your hair. However, if you do it continuously, it can show a significant effect in achieving the smooth, soft and shiny hair.