One day, you were walking down the street, and suddenly your eyes stared on the appearance of someone who had such lovely hair, you are mesmerized for a moment, while murmuring, I wish I have such beautiful hair, it looks smooth and silky, even shining all along. You certainly would do anything to achieve that looks and impress your friends the same way you impressed by the person.
It is natural for every woman to have a dream like that, as the long and luscious hair still ranks top of the list of every woman’s beauty desire. Some women are born with a smooth and shiny hair, while the others are stuck with the dull and rough hair.
Silky and soft hair leaves a good impression on everyone who stared at it. Not surprisingly, many women crave for soft and silky sexy hair in many different ways. And the answer lies in the appropriate hair care as you might also search for it.
What Causes Dull and Rough Hair
Rough and dull hair does not occur suddenly, although some may get them since their birth, yet most of the time, the dull hair occurs due to several different reasons.
- Excessive sun exposure on the hair.
- Apply the harsh products.
- Overuse of hair dyes.
- Swimming pools with chlorine content and high mineral water.
- Pollution, stress, and hectic city life give adverse effects on the hair.
Concerns are unnecessary when you find out the easy and effective ways for restoring the luster and silky on your hair. That’s why you’re here right?
How to Make Your Hair Soft and Silky
In the resort to obtain good-looking hair, you might think of using the hair products. However, if you do not know the exact composition for your hair, it can leave the dull and further hair damaged that you might want to escape.
Instead, there are some best home remedies on how to get silky hair as well as natural ways, in which some of the methods have been passed down from many generations and proven effectively in getting rid of dull and rough hair. You may find them in the following elaboration.
Yogurt for Hair Mask
Yogurt is an excellent source of protein, potassium, lactic acid, fat, vitamin B-6 and B-12. They are magnificent for hair, as it helps in the treatment of dandruff, damaged and lifeless hair. Yogurt also works great as a deep conditioner; it helps nourish the hair, keeping the scalp clean and encourage hair growth.
Ingredients you need: (i) Yogurt – sufficiently. (ii) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently. (iii) Egg yolks – sufficiently. (iv) Henna powder – sufficiently. (v) Coconut oil – sufficiently. (vi) Walnut powder – sufficiently.
- For rapid application, comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb and apply yogurt on your hair thoroughly.
- Cover up your hair with a shower cap or a towel and wait for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair with cold water followed by shampooing and conditioning your hair the usual way.
- Repeat this process once a week.
Yogurt Mask to Strengthen Hair
This mask helps enhance the natural shine, softness and hair growth. It works by sealing the cuticles, which retains the hair moisture. It may act as one of best natural silky hair products available.
- Mix three tablespoons of plain yogurt, two egg yolks and a tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and mix evenly. Apply on your wet hair thoroughly.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse off thoroughly with cold water and apply shampoo and conditioner afterward.
Yogurt for Anti-Gray Hair
Yogurt promotes healthy hair growth, restores natural hair color and prevents premature gray hair.
- Mix one tablespoon of henna powder, two tablespoons of plain yogurt, a tablespoon of walnut powder and a few drops of coconut oil.
- Stir evenly to form a smooth paste. Rinse off your hair with warm water and apply the paste thoroughly when the hair is damp.
- After 20 minutes, rinse off your hair again with cold water and use conditioner afterward.
Aloe Vera Gel for Silky Hair
Aloe vera is a great ally for skin and hair, as it provides all the essential nutrients that capable of making hair shiny and silky. Aloe vera is rich in minerals, vitamins, amino acids and moisturizing properties, which provide significant benefits for long hair care.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently. (ii) Coconut oil – two tablespoons. (iii) Yogurt – three tablespoons. (iv) Hibiscus paste – one tablespoon.
- Mix four tablespoons of aloe vera with coconut oil and yogurt that are tailored to the initial dosage.
- Dampen your hair and apply the mixture on the hair thoroughly. Gently massage your scalp and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair with warm water followed by shampooing with a mild shampoo and apply conditioner.
- Repeat this process twice a week to achieve smooth hair.
- Alternatively, Mix half a cup of aloe vera gel and one tablespoon of hibiscus, stir well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste as a conditioner after shampooing, do it regularly for having the silky hair.
Eggs Mask for Silky Hair
Do you like eggs? Yes, if you are not among of those who have an allergy reaction to eggs, you are probably the one that includes eggs in your daily diet. However, eggs are an excellent source of protein, which is also very good to nourish and repair damaged and dull hair. It is a traditional home remedy to create strong, thick and silky hair and has been used for many generations.
Ingredients you need: (i) Eggs – sufficiently. (ii) Olive oil – one tablespoon. (iii) Honey – one tablespoon.
- Isolate the egg white from the shell, put in a bowl and whip thoroughly, add two tablespoons of water.
- Apply the mixture on your wet hair thoroughly, while gently massaging your scalp for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair with cold water, followed by shampooing and applying conditioner afterward. Never use hot water to wash your hair.
- Repeat this process once a week to get soft and silky hair.
- For a better choice, mix one egg, one tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of olive oil. Stir them all to form a smooth paste and apply on your hair thoroughly.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes and wash your hair with cold water afterward.
- Do not forget to shampoo your hair and apply conditioner afterward. Repeat the process for once a week.
Vinegar for Silky Hair
Vinegar helps eliminate the buildup of dirt and residue from any hair products that you might have. It contains conditioning properties which help restore hair’s natural pH level, improves the hair cuticle, eliminating dandruff, and reduces itching as well as nourishing the follicles. Hence, vinegar is a good natural tonic to achieve smooth hair naturally.
Ingredients you need: (i) Vinegar – sufficiently. (ii) Fresh water – sufficiently.
- Prepare a dilute vinegar solution by mixing a cup of water and a half cup of flat vinegar. Wash your hair with shampoo and then apply the solution on your hair from roots to the tips.
- Gently massage your scalp and leave for 10 minutes and wash your hair with cold water afterward.
- Follow these steps once a week for optimum results.
Note » Use the amount of ingredients depending on the length of your hair.
Olive Oil for Silky Hair
Olive oil works as a natural antioxidant, as it is rich in vitamin E. It also repairs damage to the hair by sealing the cuticle with natural moisture. Olive oil is a natural healing agent that can be used for strengthens, retain the moisture and improve the shine to the hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Olive oil – sufficiently.
- Place the olive oil into a small bowl and warm slightly. Apply the oil on your hair, focusing on the scalp and the hair shaft.
- Gently massage your scalp for 10 minutes and cover your hair with a shower cap. Leave overnight.
- Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo in the morning followed by applying a conditioner. Repeat the treatment once a week to get soft and silky hair.
Note » You may also jojoba oil, coconut oil, corn oil, almond oil the same way as olive oil to provide the similar effect.
Sesame Oil for Silky Hair
What makes some of the essential oils are good for hair? Yes, they provide many nutrients and have emollient properties. It also applies to the sesame oil. This oil helps get rid of dry hair by protecting the outer layer, and repair damage to the hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Sesame oil – two tablespoons. (ii) Grated ginger – sufficiently. (iii) Lemon juice – sufficiently.
- Mix the sesame oil with a little grated ginger. Apply the mixture on your hair and scalp while gently massage for 10 minutes.
- Cover up your hair with a shower cap plus a warm towel and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off your hair with cold water followed by shampooing and applying conditioner afterward.
- You can also add lemon juice instead of ginger, apply on your hair and leave it overnight. Wash off your hair in the morning the usual way.
Lemon Juice for Silky Hair
Lemon is a gift of nature which packed with the content of essential nutrients such as magnesium, vitamin C and B-6. They are necessary for soft, silky and healthy hair growth; thus it helps to improve any hair and scalp problems. It also works to control excess oil secretion in the scalp, prevent itchy scalp and get rid of dandruff as well bad odors of your hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon juice – sufficiently. (ii) Conditioner – sufficiently. (iii) Apple cider vinegar – sufficiently. (iv) Honey – sufficiently.
- Prepare an empty spray bottle and fill out half of the bottle with cold water.
- Enter one teaspoon of conditioner, and ½ of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Shake well and spray it on your hair evenly.
- Go under the sunlight and wait for 10 minutes. Rinse off your hair with cold water afterward.
- You can also create a conditioner made of diluted apple cider vinegar with a ratio of 2: 4 mixed with two tablespoons of lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture on your hair after shampooing, massage your scalp gently for 1 minute.
- Allow the conditioner to settle on the hair for 3 minutes and rinse off your hair with cold water afterward.
Milk for Silky Hair
Milk is an excellent source of protein and the best complement nutrients for the body as well as your hair. It is also rich in essential minerals and vitamin B-12 which beneficial to achieve a healthy, soft and silky hair. It also can help reduce premature gray hair, baldness and prevent hair loss.
Ingredients you need: (i) Pure milk – sufficiently. (ii) Fenugreek paste – sufficiently. (iii) Coconut oil – sufficiently.
- Fill a spray bottle with the whole milk, wet your hair and scalp with lukewarm water. Spray your hair and scalp thoroughly and comb your hair afterward.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and wash off your hair with cold water. Your hair will look straight with the regular use of milk spray.
- You may also mix the milk into the conditioner to achieve the soft hair.
- For preventing hair loss, take 5 tablespoons of fenugreek paste, ¼ cup of whole milk and two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix all ingredients and apply on your hair evenly from roots to the tips. Wait for 20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
How to Make Hair Silky and Straight Naturally
With the help of some natural home remedies, you can enjoy the beauty of the soft and silky hair all along. However, to maintain the fineness of your hair throughout the day, there are also some easy routines that you need to run. Here are a few of them.
Take a Healthy Diet
Hair Wash Treatment
Seal Your Hair with Proper Products
Take Proper Hair Conditioning
Massage with Oils
Everyone who craves about healthy hair, would not be able to ignore from running a healthy diet. A good diet is the beginning of all that radiates outward of the body, including the silky hair and it is an essential part when it comes to the hair care.
Hair is composed of keratin, it is a protein that is crucial in protecting epithelial cells against stress and damage. Therefore, include protein-rich foods into your daily diet is imperative. You can find the source of the natural protein from eggs, meat, fish etc.
Vitamin helps in promoting healthy hair growth and cuticles. It provides moisture which required to make the hair soft and silky. Thus, it is no surprisingly if you should also include several fresh fruits such as tomatoes, oranges, and green veggies into your daily diet.
Providing food containing omega-3 fatty acids and L-cysteine (amino acid) is also important to get healthy hair. You can find both the essences of the eggs and fish.
Not everyone realizes that combing plays an important role in the beauty of the hair. It can lead to increased hair growth if this done properly, thus perform the hair combed at least twice a day to get a smooth and healthy hair.
Use a wide-toothed comb instead of rubbing with a towel to dry your hair, and it is the best choice to prevent damage to the hair.
Give a mild pressure when combing to promote blood circulation and helps to spread the natural oils from the scalp throughout the hair. Avoid overuse of the gel or wax for hair styling as well, as it is likely to lead to damage to your hair.
Wash your hair regularly is an important daily regimen to achieve a smooth and silky hair. But keep in mind for always use cold water instead of hot water when it comes to washing your hair.
If you try to wash with hot water, it can be rough and dry your hair eventually, as it removes the natural oils from the scalp that leads to dry hair and split ends.
Regardless of the hot water, washing with cold water potentially provides moisture to your hair. It helps seal the cuticles and strengthen your hair shafts, giving you the shine and silky hair.
Prevent from washing hair every day, and wash your hair for alternately days, as it potentially leads to dry hair if done every day.
Providing the right products for pampering your hair is imperative. The right products may be taken into account for making the hair smooth and shiny. Ones must know the quality of their hair prior choosing the right shampoo.
If they bring a dry or too oily hair, then the only choice is to choose the shampoo accordingly. Keep your hair away from the shampoo containing sulfates if you possess a dry hair, otherwise, if you have dandruff or oily hair, then the choice is to use an anti-dandruff shampoo and etc.
Choosing the right shampoo must be followed by proper application as well. Once you apply the shampoo on your wet hair, avoid for rinsing off your hair immediately, allow for the shampoo to work properly on your hair for a few minutes, and let it gives a significant impact on your hair.
Use conditioners and hair styling the same way as the shampoo, avoid products loaded with chemical contents, as they have an adverse effect for your hair in the long run.
There is so much of goodness that the shampoo can give for your hair, it helps to get rid of dandruff or dirt that accumulate on your hair, or something related to the clean. However, you need a hair conditioner too, something that cannot be reached by the shampoo.
Conditioning is very good for hair; it helps prevent the dryness, locks the moisture in hair shafts and provides protection from dirt, pollution and even exposure to sunlight. It also seals the hair cuticles and replaces protein and lipids of the hair shafts to prevent damage to the hair.
Choose the conditioner products the same way as picking up a shampoo, by knowing the hair prior applying to the wet hair.
Apply the conditioner after shampooing while gently massaging your scalp, wait for 3-5 minutes and rinse off with cold water afterward. Good conditioner is a convenient way to get silky hair instantly.
Massage with oil provides an enormous impact on the hair. Essential oils provide nutrients and strengthen the hair roots to help your hair healthy, grow long and shiny, as well rejuvenate the dead hair shafts.
Massaging is one simple way yet soothing of hair care, as it also helps to improve and stimulate the circulation of the blood to get the healthy hair. You can choose one of the several essential oils such as coconut oil or almond oil as a massaging agent for your scalp and hair.
If you have thick or long hair, trimming is a quick way to eliminate split ends; it also helps the hair to growth faster. The pollution and hair styling, resulting in damage to the hair cuticles which leads to split ends.
Accordingly, it is often advised to trim the lower parts of your hair to minimize the damage and ensure the healthy hair. Prune every six months or as the length of your hair.
Some Other Important Tips on How to Make Hair Silky
You also need to consider some of the following tips and prevention for protecting your hair from any possibility that may occur.
Cover your hair with a scarf
Never tie up your hair
Avoid to wash your hair with soap
When you are running on a gym or swim daily
Don’t over wash your hair
Massage your scalp
Use natural ingredients
The scarf is very useful to prevent pollution and sun exposure. Both are contributing enormously to damage to the hair.
Meaning that tying the hair too tight can cause damage to the hair.
It is proven that shampoo is always the best cleanser for hair, while soap may lead to the dryness.
Then, it is necessary for you to wash your hair every day, merely use a gentle shampoo plus a light conditioner to replace the loss of natural oils.
Know your hair before washing it, wash three times a week for oily scalp, on the contrary twice a week is enough. Over wash may potentially eliminate the natural oils that lead to dry hair.
It helps to stimulate blood circulation beneath the scalp, removes dead skin cells, promotes hair growth and prevents dandruff. Massage your scalp for a few minutes every day, use your favorite essential oils.
Rinse off your hair with diluted apple cider vinegar or lemon juice helps in eliminating grease and increase the hair shine at once.
The primary necessity includes the basic hair care from day to day life, from the moment you wake up until you go to sleep, you should give your hair the appropriate treatment.
Although it looks impossible and unrealistic, the treatments are not something that can make you exhausted or bored if you do it appropriately, as long as you follow the instructions, the silky hair can become a part of your life forever.