The black eye makes the skin around the eyes is noticeably darker or swelling. Usually, the condition is not caused by a particular disease, but the cause of why people get a black eye often comes from external factors. One common cause is a punch in the face.
Getting a punch in the face, not only causes the black eye, but it is resulting bruises that make a person has difficulty in seeing or experiencing headache due to the black eye.
Other external factors that lead to the black eye are cosmetic surgery or facelifts, having a nose injury, hit by a flat surface such as a wall, or getting an allergic reaction on the face.
If you feel uncomfortable due to the puffy eye or black eye, you can seek some treatments to get rid of black eye naturally. The black eye is a condition where you have bleeding under the skin around your eye area, and may indicate a serious condition.
Therefore, you should see a doctor first, to get a check and make sure your condition is harmless. These home remedies only effective if you already confirmed regardless of the danger.
How to Get Rid of Black Eye Fast
If you are aware of that the puffy eye or black eye is harmless, it is time to know what kind of home remedies to get rid of the black eye, and the following ingredients are readily obtained either in the kitchen or on local drug stores in your city.
Oatmeal for Black Eye
Oatmeal is rich in fiber which known to be suitable for any of your condition, especially for those of you who are running on a diet program; therefore, oatmeal is very familiar food to most of the inhabitants of this earth.
Apart from the diet, oatmeal is very useful as a home remedy to get rid of the black eye, due to several properties of oatmeal that can relieve swelling of the eye.
Ingredients you need: (i) Oatmeal – sufficiently. (ii) Warm water – sufficiently.
- Take enough oatmeal and put it into a bowl, mix it with warm water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Apply the oatmeal around the eyes area, or area which has swollen condition.
- Gently massage your face for 10 minutes then rinse your face with water.
- Repeat this treatment every day for about five days or by the time black eye has disappeared.
Ice Pack for Black Eye
Eliminating the black eye on the face using ice packs had been known for a long time, but keep in mind that putting ice packs on the face should be done immediately when black eye appeared to give a noticeable effect.
The ice may give a relieving effect of swelling around the eyes, because it can stop the internal bleeding under the skin so that the bruises are not getting worse.
Ingredients you need: (i) Ice – several pieces. (ii) Clean cloth – one. (iii) Ice pack holder – optional.
- Prepare several pieces of ice and wrap with a clean cloth or use an ice pack holder to be more easily.
- Attach the ice bag over the bruised area and leave for about 10 minutes, if you cannot stand the cold, keep away a few moments then attach again to your face.
- Do attach ice pack for 2-3 times a day in several days, or when you see the bruised reduced considerably.
Metal Spoon for Black Eye
When you put metal in a cool place, the metal begins to getting cold as the metal is a good conductor. The cold temperature necessary to stop bleeding near the eye area and preventing dark bruises appears around the eyes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tablespoon – clean one. (ii) Refrigerator. (iii)
- Take a tablespoon and let it stays in the refrigerator for several minutes.
- Attach the tablespoon over your eye and leave the spoon there until its temperature return to normal.
Warm Compress for Black Eye
Aside from the cold temperature, warm compress help to relieves bruises due to bleeding around the eye area. Warm compress works by increasing blood flow near the eyes leading to the black eye heal faster.
Ingredients you need: (i) Clean fabric or compress holder. (ii) Warm water – sufficiently.
- Make a compress of fabric or a compress holder.
- Put it around your eyes and leave it until the compress temperature back to normal.
- Perform this routine at least 3-4 times a day.
Arnica Oil for Black Eye
The healing properties contained in Arnica Oil can heal black eye rapidly. Arnica oil contains carotenoids, flavonoids, tripenic alcohol, essential oil, inulin and saccharose which able to softening the skin.
Even when the skin is in a state of injury. In other words, the use of arnica to cure the bruises and sprains without side effects for the skin is possible.
Ingredients you need: (i) Arnica oil – a few drops.
- Apply several drops of arnica oil around the eye area or area affected by bruises before going to bed.
- Allow it to stay overnight and clean it off in the next day.
- Do it for 3 nights continuously or when the desired result is visible.
Marigold for Black Eye
Marigold, otherwise known as Calendula, has properties in help to heal inflammation of the eye and encourage healing in black eye faster.
Ingredients you need: (i) Marigold – several petals. (ii) Hot water – one cup.
- Take several petals of marigold and put them into a cup of hot water.
- Let stand for 15 minutes or till return to its room temperature.
- Place the solution in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Take a clean cloth and soak in the cup and attach around the eye area for several minutes.
- Do this 3 times each day for several days.
Cucumber for Black Eye
Throughout generations, the cucumber is widely known as a natural remedy for a variety of health complaints. Due to the cold nature of the inside, cucumber is highly effective to get rid of eye bag and black eye that leading to bruises.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cucumber – one piece. (ii) Refrigerator – one.
- Take a cucumber and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Slice the cucumber into thin pieces in the morning, place them on the top your eyes.
- Leave until the cucumber pieces return to room temperature.
- Do it every morning for several days or if the bruises is gone.
Mixed of Pineapple and Papaya
Both types of pineapple and papaya contain a powerful antioxidant in helping to overcome black eye immediately. Thus, the mixture of both types of the fruits becomes one of the natural remedies against the black eye.
Ingredients you need: (i) Pineaplle – sufficiently. (ii) Papaya – sufficiently.
- Mix pineapple and papaya, then put them into a blender to form pulpy mixture.
- Spread around the dark eye area and wait for several minutes.
- Rinse off with clean water afterward.
Tea Bags for Black Eye
After being used to brew tea, a tea bag which still in a warm state can help to relieve bruises of the black eye. A warm tea bag works to improve the blood circulation, thus reducing the swelling around the eyes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea bag – one.
- Attach a tea bag around the eyes while it still warm.
- Wait for several minutes till it return to cold, and clean your face of the soaking tea afterwards.
Olive Oil for Black Eye
Many of you are familiar with olive oil and a wide range of the benefits. The olive oil contains several substances that are useful for reducing swelling and curing the black eye.
Ingredients you need: (i) Olive oil – a few drops. (ii) Cold water – sufficienlty.
- Apply a few drops of olive oil around the eye area and gently massage in a circular motion for several minutes.
- Leave the olive oil on the face for half an hour and wash your face with cold water afterwards.
In case within a few days you still have the black eye, you should immediately see a doctor, due to there is the possibility of a serious condition behind bruises or black eye.