Your body has a natural defense mechanism called sneezing when unwanted objects are trying to invade your nose. Sneezing can be a hassle, especially when it takes place continuously.
Why am I sneezing so much? Sneezing occurs when something tickles or disturbs the inside part of your nose. The part of your brain that regulates the sneeze responds by sending signals to all the muscles to do the sneeze and remove the objects which trying to invade your nose.
- How to Stop Sneezing Using Natural Remedies
- Tips When Applying Home Remedies to Stop Sneezing
How to Stop Sneezing Using Natural Remedies
We have collected some natural remedies to stop sneezing, which they proved to be effective without causing side effects. Some of them are.
The essential oil has been used for thousands of years to cure various diseases without side effects, making it continues to be popular and trusted in human life.
There are more than 90 types of essential oils that are known to have the efficacy. Each one of them has different health benefits such as peppermint oil to stop a sneeze.
Peppermint oil has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can be used to stop sneezing and get rid of allergies that cause sneezing. It also helps to relieve nasal congestion that causes sneezing as well.
Besides, a variety of digestive problems such as menstruation, allergy, and nausea may not be a problem if you provide peppermint oil in your home.
- Prepare a bowl of water, towel and peppermint oil.
- Heat the water in a bowl and add 5-6 drops of peppermint oil.
- Cover your head with the towel and inhale the steam that coming out of the hot water.
- Inhalation of the vapors will clean the nasal cavity and stop sneezing.
- If you cannot provide the peppermint oil, you may use eucalyptus oil instead.
Drink a Cup of Chamomile Tea
If a cup of tea is your favorite drink, you may consider taking chamomile tea as a home remedy to stop sneezing. Chamomile contains natural antihistamine as well as a mild sedative that may provide instant relief for sneezing.
Make yourself a cup of chamomile tea before bedtime to stop your sneezing and having a better sleep through the night. You can also drink it whenever you want if necessary.
- Take a teaspoon of dried chamomile flowers, then place into a cup of boiling water.
- Leave for a few minutes while evenly stirring. You may add a tablespoon of honey or sugar to add flavor.
- Drink the tea at least twice a day to relieve sneezing and do not forget strained before drinking.
Vitamin C for Sneezing
Vitamin C has the capability to reduce the production of histamine in the body, so it is recommended to use for the prevention of sneezing due to allergies. Drink a glass of lemonade or orange juice when suffering from a cold to add the dose vitamin C in the body.
Besides, you can also consume vegetables that contain bioflavonoids which work the same way as vitamin C for reducing the production of histamine in the body and stop sneezing.
Here are some list of foods that you can consume to get your daily dose of vitamin C:
- Lemon, Grapefruit and Oranges
- Bioflavonoid contained Vegetables
- Herbal Tea with additional drops of Lemon Juice
- Vitamin C in capsules or tables, ask doctor for proper dosage
Ginger for Sneezing
Of course I love ginger, who would not? Ginger beverage can warm up our bodies during the cold weather.
Ginger has analgesic, antioxidant, anti-vomiting and anti-inflammatory properties that have been used for a variety of conditions including sneezing. Ginger also has anti-histamine properties that reduce the production of histamine in the body that cause allergies.
- Take 1-2 inches piece of fresh ginger, a sieve or clean cloth.
- Wash off and peel of the ginger.
- Crushed or cut into thin slices of the ginger.
- Add the gingers into a glass of hot water and leave for a few minutes.
- Stir evenly and add honey or sugar as a flavor enhancer.
- Strain the ginger marinade using a sieve or clean cloth before drinking in order to the ginger is not accidentally swallowed.
- Drink the ginger extract twice each day for better result in stop sneezing.
Garlic Extract to Relieve Sneezing
Eating garlic on a regular basis can boost your immune system against diseases in a natural way. Garlic has a natural anti-viral, antibiotic and anti-allergic properties which are very effective against respiratory infections or the common cold that causes sneezing.
- Take four to five cloves of garlic and crushed to form a smooth paste.
- Put the paste into a small bowl and inhale the smell coming out of the garlic paste.
- This smell will helps to clear the nasal passage that causes sneezing and make it easier for you to breathe.
Note » You can also use the garlic into your daily diet if necessary, add it into your soups, salads and other dishes.
Fenugreek Seeds to Relieve Sneezing
Fenugreek seeds have the ability to soothe the mucous membranes of the nose and help to treat sneezing when you have nasal irritation. Not only helps to stop sneezing, but they also provide relief for other symptoms such as a runny and stuffy nose.
- Boil a glass of water and add two or three teaspoons of fenugreek seeds.
- Just wait a few minutes until half reduces the water.
- Strain and drink the water in small sips.
- Perform this routine two to three times a day until the symptoms of sneezing disappeared.
Consuming Black Pepper
The black pepper is known as one of the flavor enhancers for daily dishes, besides, the black pepper can also be used as a solution for sneezing and runny nose.
- Provide a glass of lukewarm water.
- Add one half tablespoon of black pepper powder and mix evenly.
- Drink the solution of pepper powder, repeat two to three times each day.
Note » You can also gargle with a mixture of water and black pepper powder to get rid of viruses and germs. Black pepper powder can also added to your daily dishes such as soups and salads.
Dab Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is one of the natural remedies which is known to be effective to relieve sneezing due to nasal congestion. Besides, lavender oil also helps to improve your immune system to keep off from allergies.
- Prepare lavender oil and a cotton ball.
- Dab a drop of lavender oil using a cotton ball into your nasal cavity.
- This can relieve sneezing rapidly.
- Take a drop of lavender oil on your finger and swipe inside of your cheek.
- This is also effective to stop the sneezing and runny nose in a few minutes.
Note » If you feel uncomfortable with the two methods above, you may smell the aroma of lavender oil directly after pouring a few drops on a cotton ball.
Stinging Nettle for Sneezing Remedy
Stinging nettle contains calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, vitamin A, C and D in high quantities. Besides the nettle also has tonic, astringent, anti-histamine and diuretic properties as well, hence it makes the nettle effective for the treatment of sneezing and all the associated symptoms, such as nasal itching, watery eyes, and a runny nose.
Stinging nettle is available in the form of capsules, syrup or tea. You can consume two to three times a day when suffering from a fever. Make the nettle tea by herb brewed in hot water, add a few drops of honey and drink while warm.
Consume 1-2 capsules of the freeze-dried nettle extract, repeat every two or four hours until the sneeze stop.
Precaution » The nettle capsules should only be given once per day for children under 12 years of age.
Wash Off Your Nose Using Saline Solution
A nasal cavity is a lodged place of various kinds of impurities, dust, pollen, which are the primary cause of the sneezing. Cleaning the nasal cavity with saline solution is one effective way to ease congestion and to free from sneezing.
You just not only heal yourself from sneezing, but the saline solution also cures inflammation in the nasal cavity and all the symptoms associated with allergies.
- Provide one teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of baking soda, two cups of lukewarm water and a dropper.
- Mix the salt and baking soda into the lukewarm water.
- Take in few drops of saline solution using a dropper.
- Insert into one of your nostrils and blow it out after few seconds.
- Do the same way with the other nostrils.
- Repeat this process a few rounds for better result or when you feel relieved.
Note » The rinse off using saline solution makes your nostrils free from any unwanted objects that cause sneezing in the first place.
Tips When Applying Home Remedies to Stop Sneezing
You should use some of the above methods to stop sneezing wisely. Sneezing is the body’s natural mechanism to save yourself from unwanted conditions, thereby trying to stop sneezing all the time can lead to more serious health problems.
Use the methods if you sneeze constantly and disturbing your daily activities.