Most people can have strep throat, not just in the winters, during the year they have potential for suffering from strep throat. Ranging from children to adults, all of them are a fine place for the growth of bacteria causing the infection.
If one of your family members, or even yourself suffering from strep throat, you do not have to run to the drug store or a doctor. Everything you need is already available in your kitchen cabinet.
Strep throat (“Streptococcal Pharyngitis”) is one types of infections that affects the pharynx, tonsils and larynx. Strep throat is mostly caused by bacteria called “Streptococcus”.
What are The Symptoms of Strep Throat
Strep throat has several symptoms that resemble a sore throat due to a cold. A few of them are.
- High fever, it can reaches 101 ° F or 38.3 ° C and above.
- Suffering from headaches, nausea and vomiting.
- Swollen tonsils and lymph nodes.
- Having pain while swallowing food.
- No symptoms of cough, colds, and flu that accompany.
- Extreme pain in the throat.
- Rashes on sore throat, and tiny spots on the back of the throat.
How to Cure Strep Throat Without Antibiotics
Doing immediate treatment can prevent the spread of disease, if left untreated, strep throat can lead to serious complications, such as rheumatic fever and kidney inflammation, but these are rare in most cases.
The doctor usually prescribe the antibiotics and over-the-counter. However, can strep throat be cured without antibiotics? The answer is yes, since some home remedies can help speed recovery as well as soothing the symptoms of strep throat.
- Cayenne Pepper
- Mix the three ingredients of cayenne pepper, honey and grated garlic. Eat 1½ of this mixture for each hour, if your condition is severe, make every half an hour.
- Do this several times a day for several days until the inflammation subsides. Do not drink water after consuming this mixture.
- You can also create a concoction of powdered cayenne pepper and lemon juice, enter the both ingredients into a glass of warm water.
- Gargle with this solution several times a day, and follow for one or two days to see a significant improvement in your health.
- Enter the cinnamon powder into a glass of hot water. Stir and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add honey into the cup and drink three or four times a day for several days until the strep throat subsided.
- Making a cinnamon tea also provides fresh aroma that can work to clean the throat.
- Salt water
- Make a solution of salt and warm water and stir evenly, to dissolve the salt.
- Use this solution for gargling, and it is okay if it swallowed accidentally.
- Do this process several times a day for two days and the inflammation subsided.
- Lemon and Honey
- Add lemon juice and honey into a cup of tea; you can replace with a cup of warm water.
- Drink the potion in the cup gradually. Apply this herb for several times a day for several days until your condition improves.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take a glass of warm water and add the apple cider vinegar. Mix evenly and use this solution to gargle twice a day for three days.
- You can also make a mixture from one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and honey from each ingredient for a glass of warm water.
- Drink regularly twice a day for several days until your condition improves.
- For the ordinary use, merely peel a garlic clove and cut it into two pieces. Immediately suck the slices of garlic, like you’re sucking candy.
- Only those who can stand the smell of garlic is able to apply this method, but if you don’t, you can put the pieces of garlic on your cheeks, then suck on it.
- You can also make a concoction from one teaspoon of grated garlic, a pinch of cayenne pepper and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Put all the ingredients into a cup of hot water and let stand for two minutes. Drink while still warm but don’t forget to strain it first.
- Repeat this process twice a day until you get relief from a sore throat.
- Herbal Tea
- Put dried chamomile flowers into the cup of hot water, leave for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and honey in moderation, then strain it. Drink this tea two or three times a day for several days for best results.
- Vitamin C
- Consume some fruits that contain vitamin C like lemon to improve the immune system during strep throat.
- Remember not to take vitamin C after a meal because it could potentially increase stomach acid.
- Vitamin C should be used in conjunction with other treatments, as with the intake of vitamin C, the sore throat will quickly be recovered.
- Sage Leaves
- Put the dried sage leaves into a cup of hot water. Steep for 10 minutes and do not forget to cover the cup.
- You can immediately have the tea or strain the sage leaves first. Drink the tea twice a day for several days until your condition improves.
- You can also make a solution by mixing one cup of hot tea sage with a teaspoon of salt and lemon juice from ½ of lemon.
- Use this solution to gargle twice a day for several days to ensure the strep throat subsided.
- Sunflower Oil
- Drink a teaspoon of sunflower oil slowly, it intended for coating the throat with the healing properties of this oil. .
- Repeat for taking sunflower oil twice a day. Notice if there is a change from your hoarseness become more apparent.
- Make thick pieces from a single the onions. Put the pieces into your mouth.
- Chewing slowly, then swallow the pieces to release the juice from the onions to create an action for bacteria in the throat.
- Do this several times a day until you notice a huge improvement on your throat.
- You can also mix a glass of hot water with four tablespoons of onion juice. Leave for cooling the water and use this solution to rinse.
- Repeat twice a day for several days to make sure your condition has improved.
- Add honey and lemon juice into a cup of warm water. Stir the concoction and drink while it still warms to relieve the symptoms of strep throat.
- Repeat this process twice a day for several days. You can also mix honey with herbal tea or black tea.
- Lymphatic Massage
- Apply castor oil and massage gently from the lymph nodes on the back of the jaw down through the side of the throat going to the collarbone.
- Continue until your hand reaches the lymph nodes at the upper part of the chest. Repeat the massage for a few minutes.
- You can also rub castor oil on your child’s back, gentle massage on the back can improve the quality of sleep at night.
- Soothing foods
- Foods such as soups, etc., is an easy and soft for the throat. Continue the intake during the recovery process.
- You can blend the fruits and vegetables if you want to replenish yourself.
- Making a smoothie is the best way when suffering from strep throat, it is the best soothing and moisten agent for the throat.
Strep throat makes your days droop, causes pain and interfere your activities. Targeting the cause of strep throat is a quick way to restore your condition. Cayenne pepper is an inexpensive and effective cure for strep throat that you can find at your comfort home.
Cayenne pepper possesses significant deposits of capsaicin, a substance that has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that effectively inhibit the growth and kill bacteria that causes strep throat.
Cayenne pepper is an excellent alternative for strep throat cure at home, as it has dual purposes for eliminating bacteria and reduce the swelling.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cayenne powder – ¼ teaspoon. (ii) Honey – one tablespoon. (iii) Grated garlic – three cloves. (iv) Lemon juice – one tablespoon.
Actually, we can find what we need for natural cure for strep throat in our kitchen, yet sometimes we do not realize it. Ranging from leaves, herbs, and spices, every of them is beneficial for our health. Cinnamon is one of the herbs that are believed to have remarkable properties for medication, including treating strep throat.
When having a strep throat, you should not have the spicy and sour food intake, but it is an exception for cinnamon. Antiseptic properties presented in cinnamon can eliminate the bacteria that causes strep throat.
Also, the anti-inflammatory properties of cinnamon, providing relief from the symptoms of strep throat, including preventing the buildup of mucus in the throat. The consumption of cinnamon can also increase the intake of antioxidants to combat free radicals as well as promoting the overall health.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cinnamon powder – 1½ teaspoons. (ii) Honey – one teaspoon.
Note » You may use cinnamon sticks instead of powder if you want it to.
We will not know the salt water today, if its credibility for curing strep throat is untested for generations.
Gargling with warm saline solution helps to shrink the swelling in throat area as well kill the bacteria that causes the sore throat, while warm water has a soothing effect on your throat. It is an excellent way to address the inflammation and pain associated with strep throat.
Ingredients you need: (i) Salt – 1½ teaspoons. (ii) Warm water – one cup.
Lemon juice is a delicious way to cure strep throat; lemon is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that are useful to eradicate the bacteria that causes a sore throat.
Besides, the vitamin C present in lemon which acts as a potent antioxidant can treat strep throat rapidly and improve the immune system against bacterial infections.
Adding honey in lemon juice may increase the efficacy of healing because honey keeps the moisture of the throat and reduce inflammation and soreness.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon juice – one tablespoon. (ii) Honey – one tablespoon. (iii) Warm tea – one cup.
The culinary enthusiasts certainly know how apple cider vinegar, bring the taste of salad and soup to another level, also it is a good replacement of standard sodium and vinegar.
We are here not for culinary purposes, but because apple cider vinegar has long been known as an agent for the treatment of health problems, including a wonderful solution to the problem of strep throat.
It has acetic acid which is a powerful agent to kill bacteria and at the same time stop the regrowth of bacteria. For this reason, it becomes a quick way to get rid of strep throat and boost immunity against infection.
Ingredients you need: (i) Apple cider vinegar – three teaspoons. (ii) Warm water – one glass. (iii) Honey – sufficiently.
When you see that you are suffering from strep throat along with the symptoms, look no further than spice storage for a bunch of garlic cloves. This herb can be applied as a remedy to fight viral and bacterial infections, no exception with the bacteria that causes strep throat.
Garlic is rich in a sulfur compound that is often referred to as “Allicin”, which works to encourage the immune system to fight the infection; moreover, it has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that are needed for patients with various infections.
When you are crushing or chopping the cloves of garlic, allicin is activated automatically, which induce the strong smell from this herb. When chewed, the compound may stop the growth of bacteria resulting in a cure for your throat.
Ingredients you need: (i) Garlic cloves – sufficiently. (ii) Hot water – one cup. (iii) Cinnamon – sufficiently. (iv) Cayenne pepper – sufficiently.
Herbal drinks made from tea is highly required to ensure proper fluids intake for keeping your body well hydrated. Speaking of herbal teas, the name of chamomile and green tea would be familiar to you. Both of the teas have many health benefits for us, including for curing strep throat.
Green tea contains catechins, an essential antioxidant compound for combating free radicals, and helps to treat strep throat. Whereas chamomile flower contains analgesic properties that provide relief from two symptoms of strep throat, headache, and sore throat.
Likewise, chamomile is rich in soothing, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties, which encourages the cleanliness of the mucous membranes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Dried chamomile flowers – two teaspoons. (ii) How water – one cup. (iii) Lemon juice and honey – sufficiently.
Note » You can apply the green tea the same way as chamomile. Try inhaling the steam of tea for soothing the throat, just before drink it.
Most people certainly don’t realize, when they take the treatment for strep throat, they forgot to build the immune system to develop resistance to the bacteria causing the infection.
In this case, vitamin C plays an important role for this purpose. During the recovery period of strep throat, you can provide foods rich in vitamin C to improve the immune system.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant agent that dispels free radicals and foreign agents cause strep throat. Not surprisingly, when the intake of vitamin C for the immune system is fulfilled, you have helped yourself in shortening the life cycle of disease-causing bacteria.
Ingredients you need: (i) Foods rich in vitamin C – fruits or vegetables.
There is nothing wrong if you try to use sage to treat strep throat. Sage is a natural herb that has the efficacy to solve a variety of health complaints.
It works by slowing down the growth of bacteria, reduces pain also inflammation and irritation of the throat, which in turn restore the healthy condition of your throat. All because of sage is rich in enzymes, flavonoids, anti-bacterial and phenolic acids.
Ingredients you need: (i) Dried sage leaves – one teaspoon. (ii) Hot water – one cup. (iii) Salt – one teaspoon. (iv) Lemon juice – ½ of lemon.
Note » If you are pregnant or nursing, avoid sage as a treatment for your strep throat.
It is considered to have the quality which is almost equal to olive oil. It contains iron, potassium, minerals, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and sodium that are beneficial for the body.
You may have a sore throat that makes hoarseness or difficulty in speaking; then the sunflower oil is the answer. It provides help for soothing and treat the pain from strep throat.
Ingredients you need: (i) Sunflower oil – one teaspoon.
Note » Do not drink water after swallowing the oil, and pregnant women should not take the sunflower oil.
Onion is one of the spices that almost never miss for cooking. It encourages a distinctive flavor to a dish. Besides, it also provides health benefits for our bodies.
It has powerful antibacterial properties, which inhibits the growth and kill bacteria that cause strep throat. Onion also acts as a natural antiseptic that encourages faster recovery.
Ingredients you need: (i) Onions – sufficiently. (ii) Warm water – one glass.
Children and teenagers between the ages of 5 to 15 years vulnerable to strep throat. They are usually very difficult to take antibiotics, even some of them are likely allergic to antibiotics.
To overcome this obstacle, use honey to help them recover from strep throat. Honey helps soothe and relieve a sore throat.
Ingredients you need: (i) Pure honey – one tablespoon. (ii) Lemon juice – one tablespoon. (iii) Warm water – one cup.
Massaging certain area of your body can help relieve the symptoms of strep throat. Either adults or children, they may take the benefit of the massage. Gently massage around the lymph or often referred to as lymphatic drainage massage is very useful for clean up the lymphatic drainage while provides the tranquility.
Massage gently with circular motions on the lymphatic area helps relieve the pain within a few minutes. This method is very helpful for children who suffer from a sore throat.
Ingredients you need: (i) Essential oils – e.g. Castor oil.
In a severe condition from strep throat, you would need an enormous struggle to eat. You must remember not to aggravate irritation and pain. Eating the soft foods is the best way to encourage the healing from your condition.
Ingredients you need: (i) Soup, mashed potatoes, broths and yogurt. (ii) Fruits and vegetables.
Additional Useful Tips for Strep Throat
Each home remedies for strep throat have the properties and composition of its own, and you can choose the appropriate or mixing each treatment for accelerating the healing process. We also have additional tip to boost your immune system to work better, i.e.
- Adding a rest time is a must to give your body the opportunity to collect energy to fight the infection.
- Use a humidifier to provide comfort and prevent cold.
- Sucking on lozenges can help you better.
- Avoid smoking and avoid irritants such as dust, cigarette smoke and cleaning products.
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration, you can replenish your fluid intake by taking from soup or broth.
- Smoothing foods from fruits and vegetables or eat cereal for soothing the throat.
When you have recovered from strep throat, it is imperative to take preventive action. Strengthening the immune system is one way to prevent any infection, besides, maintaining the body hygiene is essential so that bacteria and viruses cannot invade your body and that is how strep throat cure without antibiotics works.These natural cures for strep throat can help relieve and soothing the symptoms of strep throat as well as fighting the infection fast.
However, these treatments may not completely dispose of the diseases. If you notice the further symptoms such as breathlessness, rash and joint pain within one or two weeks after the infection occurred, see your doctor immediately.