Have you ever met an accidentally scenario in your life, which is in the setting you are suffering from acne? If you answered yes, you are not alone. Certainly, this is not what you want it to be, especially when you are always resisting the skin care products floating around the market, which indicated many chemical contents inside.
Hence, the reason encourages you to wonder, whether there is a natural remedy available to remove acne effectively. Acne is a common stubborn skin problem that affects either men or women, though acne is not endangered, yet its appearance may still give a nightmare for people who get suffered. Acne affected skin may look unattractive, especially if accompanied with unsightly scars and blemishes.
Looking for a safe and effective method to dispose of acne away from your face, can begin by thinking of natural ingredients available. Here we can start taking “Tea Tree Oil” as the acne removal agent to save your skin from acne breakouts.
Tea tree oil promotes the healing of your acne since it is known loaded with incredible healing properties. It is obtained by steam distillation of the leaves of “Melaleuca”, which also helps to prevent acne and blemishes over the long term.
What Causes of Acne?
Acne occurs as a result of excessive production of sebum (natural oil) in the skin follicles clogging the pores and oil glands. Normally, your body will discard of dead skin cells that accumulate on the skin pores.
However, when the imbalance occurs in the body, excessive sebum production occurs subsequently. It results in clogged pores, which in turn causes the dead skin cells trapped inside along with bacteria growing on the surface of the skin.
Inflammation of the pores is inevitable, resulting in bumps called acne or pimples. If left untreated, acne growth increase as the bacteria multiply rapidly and easily spread around the skin. Unhealthy lifestyle, hormonal imbalance, and stress are some of the reasons behind the acne breakouts that you need to be aware.
Efficacy of Tea Tree Oil to Treat Acne Effectively
Tea tree oil has many great benefits when it comes to treating acne; it comes with fewer side effects compared to “Benzoyl Peroxide” (a compound widely used in an acne cream).
For those who have acne prone and oily skin, tea tree oil is the right choice to eliminate the stubborn acne breakouts. You can find some essential properties of tea tree oil on the following elaboration, thus make you more confident to take it as the acne removal alternative.
Restrain the Skin Natural Oil
Soothing Skin Effectively
Balancing the Oil Production
Eliminate the Dead Skin Cells
Tea tree oil is very effective to eradicate any bacteria, it provides a terpenes property that have the ability to kill acne-causing bacteria called “Propionibacterium Acnes.” It also helps to prevent the further growth of bacteria at the same time.
Tea tree oil contains anti-fungal properties that work to eradicate the bacteria and fungus responsible for acne breakouts as well as prevent their further spreading.
Application of tea tree oil on acne prone skin does not remove the natural oil from the skin; it is a great advantage for those who have dry skin.
Tea tree oil penetrates deep into the pores of the skin. It offers an amazing treatment for acne because it is rich in soothing and disinfectant properties that help unblock the sebaceous glands, cleanse the pores and dries out the blackheads even the whiteheads.
Tea tree oil promotes a balance of oil production from the sebaceous glands on the skin pores; accordingly it is also effective in controlling the acne breakouts.
The main purpose of applying tea tree oil is to eliminate dead skin cells that clog the pores of the skin.
Now you already know some of the main reasons behind the use of tea tree oil as an effective remedy to remove acne and blemishes. We still have to exceed a few more steps to achieve optimal results.
Methods to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne Removal
You are allowed to apply tea tree oil directly on the affected area, yet it is also to be more effective when mixed with other ingredients such as eggs, honey, aloe, etc., certainly with extra benefits depending on the ingredients you may use. Now it’s time for us learn to use tea tree oil to combat acne effectively.
Pure Tea Tree Oil for Acne
The first way that you can do is to apply tea tree oil directly, prepare pure tea tree oil and free of chemicals for this purpose.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea tree oil – a few drops. (ii) Cotton swabs – two pieces. (iii) Fabric or soft towel – one piece.
- Wash your face with warm water and use the towel afterward for rub the face until it dries out.
- Apply tea tree oil to the affected area with the help of cotton swabs which have been soaked in the oil.
- Allow it to stay for a few hours and rinse your face with water afterward. Follow this treatment twice a day, once in the morning and at night before bedtime.
Note » Tea tree oil can cause skin irritation for some people; accordingly, it is imperative for carry out a patch test before applying on your face. Take a little oil and apply on your arm, if the skin on your arm is free from irritation after a few hours, then you are good to go with this oil.
Tea Tree Oil for Facial Rinse
Pure tea tree oil can be too intense for some people; hence it can be converted into a natural astringent for facial rinse as well. On regular use, it is still effective to kill the bacteria that cause acne.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea tree oil – four drops. (ii) Water – one cup.
- Mix the four drops of tea tree oil into a cup of water. Stir the mixture evenly.
- Soak a cotton swab in the cup and apply the mixture on the affected area. You can also rinse your acne prone skin with this solution.
- Follow this treatment at least once a day to get the desired results and free of acne.
Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil Pack
People took olive oil for a variety of purposes, ranging from cooking, salad dressing, or applied as a healthy agent. A mixture of olive oil and tea tree oil is a great package to get rid of acne which might lowering the quality of your appearance.
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and antibacterial properties that kill bacteria cause of acne, in addition it reduces inflammation, redness and irritation of the skin as well, due to anti-inflammatory properties present in olive oil. This package helps soothe the skin on its application.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea tree oil – two or three drops. (ii) Olive oil (extra virgin) – two tablespoons. (iii) Towel or soft fabric – one.
- Place the tea tree oil and olive oil into a small bowl and mix evenly.
- Apply the mixture on your skin, especially acne affected area. Leave for approximately 15 minutes or more.
- Rinse your face with warm water afterward and dry with a soft towel.
- Repeat this treatment at least once a day for several days to remove acne and its symptoms.
Green Clay and Tea Tree Oil Pack
Green clay is a traditional remedy and widely used mostly as a facial mask. Strong absorption properties possessed by green clay, is excellent for absorbing toxins, sebum, and skin irritation. It helps soften the skin, which works by peeling off dead skin cells and remove blackheads. Furthermore, its application to the skin may kill the bacteria cause of acne as well.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea tree oil – four drops or sufficiently. (ii) Green clay powder – two tablespoons. (iii) Warm water – sufficiently.
- Put the green clay powder and tea tree oil into a small bowl.
- Add water as per necessary and stir the mixture evenly to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face, use your fingers for flattening the mask on the face. >Allow it to stay for 15 minutes, or the paste dries out.
- Rinse your face with warm water afterward. Follow this treatment at least three times a week to treat your acne.
Aloe Vera Gel and Tea Tree Oil Pack
Aloe Vera is another great healthy ally and widely applied to treat various skin problems. It has powerful cooling properties, making it excellent for heal burns, irritation, and inflammation of the skin. Aloe Vera works to soothe skin affected by acne, more so, it also prevents the growth of acne-causing bacteria for the content of antiseptic properties present in aloe Vera.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe Vera gel – three tablespoons. (ii) Tea tree oil – two drops.
- Mix the aloe Vera gel and tea tree oil in a small bowl and stir evenly after that. Apply this mixture on your face, and prioritizing at the areas affected by acne.
- You can leave it to stay there overnight and rinse with water the next morning.
- Repeat this procedure every night before bed and get smooth face free of acne quite some time later.
Egg White and Tea Tree Oil Pack
Despite its pungent fishy smell, egg whites are very effective for treating skin problems regarding of acne. When it applied on the skin, it helps prevent further spread of acne breakouts, something that obtained for the content of astringent present in the egg white. It also removes excessive oil and dirt buildup in the pores which are the reason behind acne.
Ingredients you need: (i) Egg whites – one. (ii) Tea tree oil – four drops. (iii) Warm water – sufficiently.
- Separate the white portion of the egg and place it in a small bowl. Add tea tree oil as much as four drops and mix evenly.
- Apply the egg white mask on the skin evenly, focusing on acne affected area and allow it to stay about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off your face with warm water afterward and pat dry with a soft cloth or a towel.
- You may apply egg white mask at least once every week for the desired result.
Coconut Oil and Tea Tree Oil Pack
Coconut oil contains a natural disinfectant property which is effective to get rid of acne breakouts, thanks to the content of Lauric and Capric acid present inside. It is also known loaded with vitamin E, which promotes the proper function of sebaceous glands and get rid of the blockage of the pores of skin, making the skin healthy and free of acne.
Ingredients you need: (i) Coconut oil – nine teaspoons. (ii) Tea tree oil – one teaspoon. (iii) Hot water – one bowl. (iv) Soft towel – one piece.
- Place the towel into the hot water and soak for a few minutes. Grab the towel and squeeze the excess water.
- Cover the acne affected area with a towel for a few minutes aiming to open the pores of the skin.
- Apply the mixture of coconut oil and tea tree oil on acne affected area, massaging gently for 5 minutes or more.
- Allowing the mixture to stay on the skin to completely absorbed by the skin pores.
- Rinse off your face with warm water and repeat twice a day until the acne away from your face.
Witch Hazel and Tea Tree Oil Pack
Witch hazel provides the antioxidant and astringent effects when applied to the skin. Besides, it also promotes the balance of pH level of the skin, which in turn prevents the spread of acne and blemishes. Witch hazel also acts as an effective disinfectant that reduces the growth of bacteria cause of acne.
While the anti-inflammatory properties present in witch hazel, reduce irritation and inflammation in the affected area. Moreover, it also reduces the production of excessive sebum that causes acne.
Ingredients you need: (i) Witch hazel oil – 40 drops. (ii) Tea tree oil – five drops. (iii) Cotton swabs – sufficiently.
- Mix the witch hazel and tea tree oil into a small container.
- Apply the mixture on the acne affected area with the help of a cotton swab; you should soak the cotton prior to application.
- Leave for a few minutes and rinse with warm water afterward. Repeat this treatment once or twice a day to eliminate acne.
Note » Witch hazel may potentially cause dryness of the skin, thus do not overuse the remedy and avoid sun exposure after application to prevent the adverse conditions.
Additional Tips When Applying Tea Tree Oil
You need to consider the following additional tips to avoid unnecessary mistakes and obtain the desired results. Remember, though tea tree oil relatively safe, yet incompatibility with your current health condition may aggravate the situation.
Pure Tea Tree Oil
Avoid Taken Orally
Avoid Usage for Pregnancy
Apply Diluted One
Use as Additional Mixture
Application of pure tea tree oil to get rid of acne breakouts and blemishes is a necessity because it contains zero preservatives or chemicals that may harm the skin.
Tea tree oil does contain healing properties, but it also contains certain toxins that may harmful to the body, especially when taken internally. Hence, use it only for application topically; otherwise, it may interfere with the body’s nervous system.
Pregnant and nursing women should avoid using the tea tree oil because the oil of this type could potentially reduce the strength of contraction.
Tea tree oil can cause allergic reactions in some individuals. For people who have sensitive skin, application the tea tree oil may lead to irritation, inflammation or redness. Therefore, using diluted tea tree oil for topical application is a necessity to avoid such allergic reactions.
You are allowed to use the tea tree oil as a mixture of your bath water and applied to eliminate acne on the back, chest, and other body parts. Otherwise, simply add the tea tree oil into your favorite moisturizer and use it as normally you would.
- How to Get Clear Skin Fast and Naturally
- Top 10 Effective Ways to Get Glowing Skin Overnight
- How to Get Rid of Peeling Skin on Face Overnight
- How to Get Rid of Dead Skin on Face
On the contrary, when you have gone through all kind of the tea tree oil remedies and the condition persists, there is no other way except to consult a dermatologist and asked the reason behind the appearance of acne.