You might ever think about, what are the small black spots lodged in my face? Every time you look in the mirror, you always see them. It is not just you, lots of people also experience this condition as you. It is known as a skin problem associated with blackheads.
These are black things protruding from the pores on your face, especially around the nose. They look unsightly when you look closely. Many people realize that blackheads do not obviously like pimples, yet still many people want them gone forever.
Blackheads often referred to as “open comedones”, the dark spots shaped on the skin, whereas what is called by people as whiteheads are “closed comedones.” Blackheads are clogged pores loaded with keratin, debris and sebum, if left untreated, they may turn into pimples and acne. Therefore, it is essential to know how to get rid of blackheads on nose fast and safe.
What Causes Blackheads on My Nose
There are several reasons behind the appearance of blackheads on the nose, some of them are.
Alcohol and Caffeine
Sleep with Makeup
Some of the cosmetic products such as facial cream are likely to trigger the sebaceous glands to produce more oil to end up with clogged pores.
Stress is not directly related to the appearance of blackheads, but when someone had a stressed, she tends to disregard the good thing about her body, including the skin that could potentially cause blackheads.
There is no doubt if the hormonal change is the biggest triggers of blackheads, with increasing age, the body undergoes hormonal changes, one of them is Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) that triggers the activity of oil glands.
When your body produces excess oil, you may have the potential for clogged pores that ended up with blackheads, and it occurred at the end of the 20s when estrogen levels gradually decline.
Experts agree that medicines that contain phenytoin, estrogen, testosterone, and steroids can trigger some skin problems, including blackheads.
Some studies show that caffeine and alcohol in an amount exceeding the limit, can have a bad effect on the health of your skin. Caffeine can stimulate oil glands in the skin, while alcohol affects sleep.
Fried foods, sweets, and those that contain high carbohydrates can have a major impact on your skin. Perhaps there is a link between these foods and blackheads, though not much evidence seen.
Smoking is a bad habit for health, including skin. Cigarette smoke contains a lot of tar, ash, and chemicals that can damage the skin and lead to dead skin cells and clogged pores.
Do not allow your makeup not removed while sleeping; this habit leads to the condition of clogged pores. Cosmetics can leave a residue that gives a bad impact on your skin. So, always wash your face before going to sleep.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
You can find lots of ways that have been widely publicized in getting rid of blackheads on nose fast, ranging from prescription drugs to home remedies which are easily available today.
These home remedies have been proven to work very well to remove blackheads, even without side effects, because they are natural solutions.
However, there is an important thing you should know, if these methods are not done properly, then it can make your skin even worse. Consider the steps that you should apply correctly for removing blackheads permanently. Here are a few of them.
Honey and Milk Mask
Honey is very beneficial for everyone, ranging from children to adults, they always take the benefits of honey. The soothing properties of honey are needed by the body, including the skin.
For those who have oily skin and blackheads, honey is the answer of all. The basic idea is to make honey as a mask, since it is a very sticky substance. When it comes to skin touching, it allows removing sebum and dead skin cells that cause the blackheads.
Honey can help your skin hydrated as well as tighten your skin, and the anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties present in honey can prevent the future recurrence of blackheads.
Honey and milk are a great combination to address blackheads, lactic acid contained in milk is a gentle exfoliating agent to remove dead skin cells, making your skin supple and soft.
Ingredients you need: (i) Raw honey – one tablespoon. (ii) Milk – one tablespoon. (iii) Cotton ball.
- Mix the milk and honey in a small container. Heat for five minutes in a microwave.
- Wait until cooled off and mix evenly, then apply a thin layer on the affected area of the blackheads from your face.
- Wait for 20 minutes until it dries, peeling the mask afterwards and rinse using cold water.
- Conditioning your skin afterwards.
Green Tea for Blackheads
Green tea is a natural herbal beverage that provides a multitude of uses for the body; it has been known as a replacement beverage which is healthier than other types of beverages as it has lower caffeine content and rich in powerful antioxidants called polyphenols.
Thus, it helps our health in many different ways, and it is not surprisingly that green tea is popular among brewed beverages lovers.
It has been widely reported that green tea improves brain function, reducing cancer risk, achieve weight loss, fight diabetes, prevents Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s and improve dental health. Moreover, the good news is that green tea can also be applied to treat blackheads on the nose.
Ingredients you need: (i)Dry green tea powdered – one teaspoon. (ii) Water – small amount. (iii) Soft towel.
- Make a paste of green tea and a little water, put in a small container.
- Apply the paste on the affected area of blackheads and rub gently for a few minutes.
- Rinse with cold water followed by warm water, dry your face with a soft towel and apply a moisturizer.
- Repeat this treatment once or twice a week.
Scrub of Lemon Juice for Blackheads
Lemon juice is a good natural regimen to banish all skin problems; it is suitable for all skin types. Many skin problems can be resolved with the help of lemon juice including acne and blackheads.
The content of nutrients and vitamins present in the lemon helps remove blackheads that lodged in your face; thus you do not have to hesitate to use the lemon juice in your daily regimen of skin care.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon juice – ½ of lemon. (ii) Honey – one teaspoon. (iii) Salt or sugar. (iv) Yogurt – optional.
- Mix all the ingredients of honey, lemon juice, yogurt, and salt or sugar in a small bowl.
- You can add one tablespoon of rose water or milk to reduce the viscosity of the lemon juice. Spread the mixture evenly on the affected area of blackheads on your face.
- Gently massage your face and leave for 10 minutes. Wash your face with cold water and repeat the remedy once or twice a week.
Note » For those who have dark skin color, you should avoid the lemon-based treatment as it can discolor your skin.
Cinnamon and Honey Mask
For those who are looking for a potent combination to remove blackheads, then look no further than honey and cinnamon. Both natural ingredients are magnificent when it comes to skin problems, including acne and blackheads.
Honey is rich in natural anti-bacterial properties that can ultimately banish the bacteria that cause acne; it can also remove dirt and sebum that clog pores, leaving your skin free from blackheads.
Whereas the Cinnamon has been used for centuries in various diseases. Calcium, fiber, iron and manganese present in cinnamon, contains essential oils for healing purposes. Additionally, cinnamon also has many benefits for treating various skin problems and hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cinnamon powder – one teaspoon. (ii) Honey – one teaspoon.
- Mix the honey and cinnamon powder to form a thick paste. Apply it with a thin layer on the affected area of blackheads.
- Wait for 15 minutes and then rinse with plain water. Perform this regimen several times a week for the desired result.
Water and Baking Soda
Baking soda works as a natural skin exfoliating agent. It helps clear the skin from impurities such as dirt and debris, therefore it is very useful for refreshing, brightening and cleansing the skin, leaving your skin free from irritated acne and blackheads, and it is an inexpensive and natural remedy for combating blackheads. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Baking soda – two teaspoons. (ii) Mineral water – sufficiently. (iii) One cup or a bowl. (iv) Moisturizer or apple cider vinegar.
- Take a cup and fill with baking soda mixed with water. Stir to obtain a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face, especially on the area affected by blackheads. Gently massage your face with circular motions.
- Let the paste dry on your face and rinse off with lukewarm water. Apply a moisturizer or apple cider vinegar to normalize the pH of your skin.
- Perform this skin care regimen for a maximum of twice a week, as the baking soda is harsh for the skin.
Yogurt and Oatmeal Mask
Oatmeal is rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant making it very ideal when it comes to sensitive skin, as it can treat a variety of skin problems, including blackheads and acne. Oatmeal has a chemical compound called “Saponin” which works as an intensive skin cleanser and soft skin exfoliating agent.
Yoghurt has good natural moisturizing properties, making it a gentle scrub to remove the dead skin cells, it is very beneficial for those who have sensitive and dry skin. The mixture of yogurt and oatmeal is great to have the skin free of acne and blackheads. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Oatmeal – two tablespoons. (ii) Plain yogurt – three tablespoons. (iii) Olive oil – sufficiently. (iv) Honey and lemon juice – one tablespoon.
- Pour the plain yogurt along with oatmeal into a small bowl. Add honey, lemon juice, and a little olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients and stir it well to get a smooth paste.
- Apply on your face, notice the area of blackheads on the skin, leave the paste for 15 minutes. Rinse off with cold water and then apply a moisturizer on your face. Perform this treatment regularly for twice a week.
Nutmeg and Milk Solution
Nutmeg is one kind of spice that is well known for many generations. It provides many benefits to the body, including healthcare and beauty.
Nutmeg is rich in natural antioxidant and antiseptic that are imperative for our skin, make it a potent agent for preventing fungal and bacterial infections that cause acne and blackheads. In addition to, it also contains natural oils that are useful for keeping the moisture from the skin.
While we already know the milk for beauty treatment, as it is rich in lactic acid that helps break down the dead skin cells. The mixture of milk and nutmeg are potent combination to defeat the blackheads and pimples, they are the best-selling exfoliant that you may find today.
Ingredients you need: (i) Nutmeg powdered – sufficiently. (ii) Milk – one tablespoon. (iii)
- Make a solution of milk and nutmeg powder. Mix evenly to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face evenly. Gently massage your face with circular motion.
- Perform massage for five minutes and then rinse with plain water. Pat dry your face after that using a soft cloth or towel.
Iodine and Epson Salt Scrub
Research showed that Epsom salt is a natural beauty agent for hair and skin. It also can be used as a reducer of pain and relaxing tired muscles.
Epsom salt is perfect to maximize one’s beauty, including getting rid of blackheads and pimples. While iodine contains antibacterial properties which able to eliminate the infection and various problems on your skin. The combination of these two ingredients is the right method to remove dead skin cells and excess sebum from your pores.
Ingredients you need: (i) Epsom salt – one teaspoon. (ii) Iodine – a few drops. (iii) Hot water – ½ of cup. (iv) Cotton ball – clean ones.
- Put the epsom salt and iodine into ½ of cup of hot water. Stir until all ingredients are completely dissolved.
- Wait until the solution turns warm or cold. Dip a cotton ball into the cup and rub on the blackheads area of your face.
- Let the solution dries on its own, once it dries wash your face with cold water.
Note » Try this treatment once, and if you find your skin is irritated, stop immediately.
Egg White Mask for Blackheads
Preventing the buildup of dirt and excessive sebum in the pores is an easy way to eliminate blackheads and pimples, if left untreated they can turn into clogged pores resulting in blackheads on the skin. If you have large pores, the possibility for you to have clogged pores are huge.
The egg white, which is rich in nutrients and turned into a facial mask can work to tighten the pores, this is the answer to the problem of blackheads and prevent future outbreaks as well.
Ingredients you need: (i) Eggs – one piece. (ii) Small bowl. (iii) Soft brush.
- Take the white portion of egg and enter into the small bowl. Wash your face with your favorite facial cleanser and pat dry.
- Dip the soft brush into the bowl, and apply a thin layer of egg white on your face.
- Make sure the first layer drying out, then apply again for the second layer.
- Repeat several times to apply the egg white layer, but give it time for the layers drying out, focus on the blackheads area after the first round.
- Wait until the egg white mask perfectly dry, then wash the mask with cold water two or three times until the egg smell subsided. Apply a moisturizer afterward.
Note » Only a few people can endure with egg white mask method, as it is the most smelliest method of all that exists. If you decide to use this method, so please be patient.
Cornmeal Scrub for Blackheads
The facts have shown that the vitamin contents present in the corn act as nutrients that are essential to our skin. Cornmeal is rich in Vitamin C which helps the development of connective tissue and prevent scarring on the skin.
It also contains vitamin A which works to maintain skin elasticity, skin moisture and prevents the premature aging. Phytic acid contained in cornmeal works as an excellent antioxidant which provides protection to the skin from free radicals.
With all the nutritional content of cornmeal, making it as a very good agent for whitening and removing the black stains, especially when it used regularly. Cornmeal can also acts as an exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and excessive sebum, leaving the skin free of blackheads and pimples.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cornmeal powder – ½ of cup. (ii) Aloe vera gel – two tablespoon. (iii) Essential oil – a few drops. (iv) Warm water – sufficiently.
- Combine all the additional materials, into the cup of corn flour, add warm water and stir to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to your face and gently massage in circular motions. Focus on areas affected by blackheads.
- Perform massage for a few minutes and then wash your face with cold water to help close the pores.
Note » To encourage the effectiveness of exfoliation, you should perform a steaming over your face prior to opened up the skin pores.
Jojoba Oil and Sugar Scrub
Scrubbing with sugar is very helpful for the skin, it can act as a natural exfoliant that not only removes the blackheads but furthermore it can also remove dead skin cells, which may lead to some blemishes on the skin.
With sugar, you just need a decent exfoliant and moisturizing. Therefore, you need jojoba oil which resembles the body sebum.
Ingredients you need: (i) White or brown sugar – one cup. (ii) Jojoba oil – four tablespoons. (iii) Essential oils – optional. (iv) Airtight glass jar – single one.
- Mix jojoba oil and powdered sugar, stir well to form a paste, make sure no grain left.
- Wash your face and apply the paste on the affected area, do a gentle massage in a circular motion for several minutes.
- Leave for 30 minutes and rinse off your face with cold water afterwards. Apply moisturizer on your face.
Note » Apply this method no more than twice a week, you may have irritated skin if you perform it more than that.
Clay Mask for Blackheads
Clay mask pulls out excess oil and unwanted residue on the face naturally. Most clay masks are specifically meant for the face, but some of them can be applied to the entire body as well.
It is an easy and simple method to get rid of blackheads and acne fast. Simply, buy a clay mask in a nearby pharmacy or beauty store and use to eradicate blackheads overnight. For facial mask, you can add apple cider vinegar to encourage the efficacy.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cosmetic clay – one tablespoon. (ii) Apple cider vinegar – sufficiently. (iii) Rose water – optional. (iv) Small bowl – clean one.
- Add apple cider vinegar into the bowl that filled with the cosmetic clay. You can add rose water if you want.
- Stir evenly the mixture to form a smooth paste without any lumps left. Apply the paste all over your face or just in the area of blackheads of your face.
- Allow the paste to dry out for approximately 15 minutes, once dry up take a damp cloth and wipe it off immediately.
- Do this several times a week if necessary.
But for those of you who have this condition, applying home remedies is the proper choice, because they have helped many people in removing blackheads.
All you need is a safe and fast remedy, try one of these home remedies, and use in accordance with the conditions of your face. If none of them can help you, maybe you should see a dermatologist.