Having a fatigue all the time, almost possessed by most people who get caught up in the fast-paced life in the big city, including you perhaps.
Until one day you realize that you have baggy eyes when viewing your face in the mirror. Well, of course, it can make you, frustrating, and this is a sign that comes from your body, that your eyes are tired.
There are various reasons behind the appearance of puffy eyes, including fatigue, lack of sleep, crying and stress. All these reasons make the skin around the eyes which is thin, sensitive and contains many blood vessels, flooded with excess fluids that stuck around the eyes and caused the puffiness.
Besides, the age factor has a significant influence on the formation of baggy eyes. No one can prevent aging, but with proper treatment, the baggy eyes problems can be treated easily.
How to Get Rid of Baggy Eyes Naturally
When you seek the treatments to get rid of baggy eyes, then there are some effective home remedies for alleviating this problem.
We recommend the following methods for ease of use and cost, and of course they are very efficient, rather than if you are visiting the beauty clinic, which certainly take up much your money, here are some of them.
Chilled Tea Bags
The tea bags, either black or green, both contain the anti-irritant properties that are beneficial for reducing swelling and irritation around the eyes. Additionally they heal the redness and inflammation as well, as the caffeine content of the tea constricts the blood vessels.
If you find puffy eyes in the morning, then the most efficient way to heal is by applying a chilled tea bag. It may save you from the strange look towards your eye bags. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea bags – 2 pieces. (ii) Hot water – one glass.
- Soak the tea bags into hot water for one minute. You can drink the tea if you want.
- Place the used tea bags into the refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes. Grab and put the tea bags over both of your eyes while lying down relaxed.
- Leave for 20 minutes and wash your face and eyes with cold water afterwards. Repeat several times a day and your eyes will be refreshed.
Almond Oil for Baggy Eyes
Almond oil packed with many vitamins that are useful for providing nutrients to the skin, and its oil moisturizes the skin. The nutrients present in almond oil is beneficial to relieve puffiness and dark circles around the eyes.
Use almond oil to massage the area affected by eye bags. Massaging helps reduce water retention and improve blood circulation around the eyes. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Almond oil – sufficiently.
- Apply two or three drops of almond oil under your eyes.
- Gently massage the affected area using your fingers, and avoid pressing while massaging.
- Perform this method before sleep and wash your face in the morning.
Egg White for Baggy Eyes
Egg white has a water absorbing properties. If applied to the skin, it may help tighten the skin and banish the inflammation on affected area.
It is useful to get rid of water retention and get rid of baggy eyes as well as reduces wrinkles on the skin. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Eggs – 2. Witch Hazel – sufficiently. (ii) Soft cloth or brush – clean one.
- Take the eggs and separate the yolk. Place the egg whites in a bowl and whip for a few minutes.
- Add a few drops of witch hazel as a natural astringent. Apply the mixture under the eyes with a cloth or soft brush and let it dry.
- Rinse your face with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Do it for two or three times a day until puffy eyes is reduced and tighter.
The salt solution works as a quick relief to reduce puffy eyes. A mixture of salt and warm water helps eliminate water retention that causes puffiness around the eyes, it works similarly as osmosis. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Salt – ½ teaspoon. (ii) Water – 4 glasses. (iii) Cotton ball or eye pads.
- Take a bowl of warm water and put ½ teaspoon of salt into the water. Mix evenly and dip the cotton ball or eye pads, into the bowl for a few seconds.
- Cover your eyelids with a cotton ball for a few minutes. Repeat the Directions several times until the puffiness of your eyes is reduced.
Potatoes for Baggy Eyes
Potato is a natural source of healthy carbohydrates, starch contained in potatoes is very useful to get rid of baggy eyes effectively.
It has anti-inflammatory properties that work to eliminate water retention under the eyes as the cause of puffy eyes, also it has the ability to eliminate the black circle below the eyes. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Potatoes – medium-size. (ii) Washcloth – clean one.
- Take a potato and peel it off. Wash thoroughly and dry up the potato.
- Grate the potato and put the shavings above the clean cloth.
- Tie the clean cloth and stick the bottom cloth, covering your eyelids and puffiness affected area.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and repeat several times, until the puffy subsides.
Note » You can also use thin slices of potatoes and put on the top of eyelids, leave for 20 minutes then rinse off with clean water.
Cucumbers for Baggy Eyes
Cucumber is one type of vegetables that contains much water with the crunchy texture. It is widely used as complements for meals, salads, and sandwiches.
Because it has astringent properties and lots of enzymes, making cucumber is very helpful to get rid of baggy eyes, tighten skin and diminish dark circles around the eyes.
Ingredients you need: Cucumber – a few slices. (ii) Refrigerator – proper one.
- Make two thick slices of a cucumber. Place cucumber slices in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and let the chill air absorbed.
- Lie down at ease while placing both of cucumber slices over the eyelids.
- Leave the cucumber for about 10 minutes or as it turned warm.
- Perform this routine several times a day to deflate the baggy eyes.
Cold Water for Baggy Eyes
Almost everyone agrees that water is a part of nature that is very suitable for treating diseases and maintain a healthy body, including baggy eyes.
It is the simplest way to reduce puffiness under the eyes, once you stayed awake all night but left with puffy eyes, simply use the cold water as a reliever for water retention or constricts the blood vessels that cause swelling. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cold water – sufficiently. (ii) Small bag with washcloth – clean one.
- Prepare a bowl of cold water.
- Wash your face with a few splashes of cold water, make sure the splashes expose to the area of puffiness around the eyes.
- You can also place a few ice blocks into a small bag and wrap it with the washcloth, put on the puffy area on your eyes.
- Repeat several times a day until you get your eyes back to normal.
Drink Fresh Water
The possibility of getting baggy eyes is unlikely, once your body is well hydrated. Therefore, drink fresh water in moderation, is the easiest way to get rid of baggy eyes.
Water reduces the chance of buildup of fluid retention that causes puffiness around the eyes, besides it is also very useful to flush out the toxins that accumulated within the body.
Regardless of the recommended amount of water, drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day to stay hydrated. This amount varies depending on your daily physical activity.
Because the needs of each person are different, choose healthy foods that are less in salt, it is useful to reduce water retention in the body as the cause of the puffiness. Reduce the carbonated and caffeinated beverages as well, as they make your body dehydrated.
Metal is the best conductor of heat, this property can be used to get rid of baggy eyes effectively, in this case, we use a metal spoon for the reasons of simplicity and hygiene.
Metal spoon helps constrict the blood vessels; thus, it gives a healing effect to puffy and dark circles around the eyes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Metal spoons – 5 to 6. (ii) Refrigerator – proper one.
- Enter all the spoons into the refrigerator and leave them for about 15 minutes to absorb the cold completely.
- Take one spoon and touch your eyelids with the rounded part of the spoon until it turns warm.
- Replace the spoon with another one from the fridge, once it gets warm.
Strawberries contain lots of essential nutrients required by the body, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, minerals, manganese, potassium, and magnesium.
Some other nutrients such as vitamin E and alpha hydroxy acid that are present in strawberries, also required to maintain the beauty and health of the skin, as they can make the skin look smooth, bright and young, thus it is an excellent way to help you in reducing puffiness under the eyes. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Strawberries – 1 to 3. (ii) Refrigerator – proper one.
- Put the strawberries into the refrigerator and wait for 30 minutes. Make a few pieces of thick slices from the strawberries.
- Put a piece of sliced strawberries on each of the eyelids for a few minutes. Replace the strawberry with another one, when it turns warm.
Aloe Vera for Baggy Eyes
Want to reduce the puffiness under the eyes, wrinkles and fine lines at the same time? Simply include aloe vera as your daily regimen for skin treatment.
Aloe vera is rich in antioxidants and vitamin E, which is very suitable for this assignment. It is known for decades as an ingredient for natural skin care and creates radiant looks for the skin.
The key to get rid of baggy eyes is to increase blood circulation and flush out the fluids around the eyes; thus, aloe vera may help to unlock the baggy eyes problem instantly.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently. (ii) Cotton ball – clean ones.
- Apply aloe vera gel around your eyes, especially the puffiness affected area. Use a cotton ball or your finger to apply.
- Be careful for not get in your eyes when applying the gel.
- Perform this before go to bed, and wash off your face once wake up in the morning.
Note » always use pure aloe gel, otherwise you can use a skin care product made from extracts of aloe vera.
Vitamin E Oil for Baggy Eyes
Most people agree vitamin E is an essential nutrient for skin care. It is an amazing way that leads your skin to look younger. You can find vitamin E in various forms, such as capsules and oil. For this condition, vitamin E oil is an effective way to get rid of baggy eyes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Vitamin E oil – sufficiently. (ii) Chilled water – one bowl. (iii) Cotton ball – clean one.
- Put a few drops of vitamin E oil into the bowl of chilled water and mixed evenly.
- Dampen a cotton ball into the chilled water and place it over the eyelids.
- Leave the cotton ball for 20 minutes to reduce swelling under the eyes. Repeat this process if necessary.
Additional Method to Prevent Baggy Eyes
When it comes to baggy eyes, there are also several certain ways that you need to do to prevent such condition, apart from these home remedies, here’s a few of them.
- You need to reduce sodium consumption, as a buildup of excess sodium causes water retention in some parts of the body, including areas under the eyes resulting in puffy eyes.
- Spend less time stay up all night since it can lead to puffy eyes in case you have a lack of sleep.
- Exercise regularly to improve blood circulation, this activity also reduces stress at the same time.
- Lots of toxins in the body can lead to puffy eyes, the easiest way to flush out the toxins is by drinking plenty of fresh water regularly.
- Avoid heading bend down for a long time, as this condition will blockage the blood circulation and causes puffy eyes
If you notice puffy eyes at other times, you can take some of the references of these home remedies to get rid of baggy eyes. If the appearance of puffy eyes accompanied by pain, blurred vision, discomfort or no apparent reason, see your doctor and have an appropriate treatment.