Dry and flaky skin is a skin condition which is complained about by most people, especially when it comes the winter. Many factors trigger the appearance of dry skin, including, nutritional deficiencies, aging, cold air and genetic factors.
What the dry skin required is simple, improving moisturize and nutrients. There are various kinds of moisturizers and lotions to treat dry skin which is available in the current market, but sometimes, they always come with a high price tag.
However, you do not need to worry about this, as without too much cost, you may still have beautiful skin naturally. You just need to do the following practical steps on how to treat dry skin on the face naturally.
What Are the Causes of Dry Skin?
Before going any further on how to get rid of dry skin on face, it would be better if you know some of the causes of dry skin. Thereby you can make an estimation, whether it is on your skin or not.
- Decrease in moisture, especially during the winter.
- Too often affected by direct exposure to UV rays from the sun.
- Direct contact with caustic cleaners, for example, acids, ash, lime and cement.
- The use of antibacterial soap on the face with high intensity.
- Using cosmetics that have poor quality or extreme cosmetics.
- Washing the face, hands and feet using too hot water during the winter.
- Consuming a lot of foods that are fried or baked as a daily menu.
- Having a bad constipation.
- Multiple nutritional deficiencies and vitamins A, E, B2, protein, fat, zinc.
How to Get Rid of Dry Skin on Face and Body
Dry skin needs to get appropriate treatments, either from the inside or outside of the body. The outside or physical treatment for dry skin involves certain products which compensate the loss of natural moisture on the skin surface. While from the inside, conducted by eating healthy foods, which provide the nutrients needed to keep your skin healthy, hydrated and smooth.
Dry skin makes your face years older rather than actual age and contributes to microscopic cracks, causing the bacteria living on the skin surface which is eventually vulnerable to skin infections. There is no other way unless you have to get rid of dry skin, and here are some natural methods which can be achieved to restore your skin moisture.
Vaseline for Dry Skin
Vaseline is a product which is considered to be helpful in healing and moisturizing the skin for more than 140 years. Simply apply a small amount of Vaseline on the area of your dry skin, leave for 10 minutes. Do it twice a week or at your convenience.
Milk as a Natural Treatment
Milk is a natural element that contains lactic acid which works as a gentle cleanser, remove dead skin cells and stimulate the growth of healthy new skin cells. The fat content in milk can moisturize the skin naturally as well.
Ingredients you need: (i) Milk – sufficiently. (ii) Mild cleanser – sufficiently.
- Clean your face from makeup and impurities using a mild cleanser, soap-free, fragrance-free and non-lathering for dry skin. Avoid cleaners that contain chemicals, especially sodium lauryl which may deplete your skin moisture.
- Pour 2% of the whole milk or else in moderation onto a soft baby washcloth.
- Gently rub the washcloth throughout your face or affected areas of the dry skin.
- This action can give a breather on your skin and moisturize your skin naturally.
Place a Humidifier
The humidifier works by restoring on a room humidity where you are living. Therefore, it is an effective tool to use when it comes the winter.
Ingredients you need: (i) Humidifier – sufficiently. (ii) One pot of water – optional.
- Dry air is one of the leading causes of dry skin, place a humidifier in the room may increase the intensity of the room humidity and restore your skin moisture naturally.
- If you do not have a humidifier in your house. Heat a pot of water for quite some time to add some moisture back to the air.
Hydrocortisone Cream on Eyelids
The eyelid is one part of the face which easily affected by dryness. If you feel itchy and dry on your eyelids, do the following way.
Ingredients you need: (i) Mild cleanser – sufficiently. (ii) Hydrocortisone cream – sufficiently.
- First remove makeup from your face.
- Use a cleanser that you normally use and safe for your skin.
- Simply apply a hydrocortisone cream on the eyelids a few times a day.
- The cream will keep the eyelids hydrated and reduce itchiness.
Baby Washcloth for Skin Scrubs
The scrub you normally use tends to be coarse and make the outer skin layer vulnerable. As an alternative to your abrasive scrub, is the use of a soft baby washcloth which works to softening your skin.
Apply Aloe Vera Mask
Aloe Vera works by moisturize your skin and reduce the redness and inflammation on the skin. Simply apply aloe Vera gel as a facial mask to get rid of dry skin.
Running a Proper Diet
Running a healthy diet which rich in nutrients is the most efficient way to prevent and treat your dry skin.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day prevent dehydration of the skin. Water is a moisturizing element, which required in your diet.
- Include the omega-3 in your diet. It is rich in essential fatty acids which helps to compensate for the loss of moisture and acts as the skin’s natural oils conservation. Omega-3 can be obtained from several natural food resources, including.
- Walnuts, almonds and flax seeds.
- Cold-water fish such as salmon and sardines.
Utilize The Benefits of Glycerin
Glycerin works by improving the skin’s health as well as treatment for other skin problems. Glycerin, also known as glycerol, it is odorless with the viscous liquid form that commonly used as one of the main ingredients in various cosmetics and beauty products. It is also becoming popular as it has various benefits that used for all skin types.
Ingredients you need: (i) Moisturizer. (ii) Glycerin – 3 drops. (iii) Soft towel.
- Use your favorite moisturizer as usual and add 2-3 drops of glycerin into the bottle.
- Gently pat your skin with a soft towel to dry up. Avoid rubbing.
- Do not frequent in performing the steam baths.
Exfoliate the Dead Skin Cells
Exfoliating the dead skin cells would help to eliminate old cells which are cause the dry skin condition. It is also creates opportunity for the growth of new cells and better nutrients absorption on the skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Sugar. (ii) Olive oil. (ii) Green tea. (iii) Honey. (iv) Strawberry.
- You can select several mixtures, such as sugar ⇔ the olive oil, green tea ⇔ honey, or simply strawberry.
- Mix them in equal amount.
- Apply throughout your face and gently rub the skin using your fingers.
- Wash off your face and don’t forget to apply moisturizer after exfoliating the skin.
Healthy Bathing and Properly
Bathing is a daily activity which is important to dry skin. Not everyone is aware of this, because if you do it incorrectly, your skin becomes drier.
Ingredients you need: (i) Warm water. (ii) Olive oil, Coconut oil, Grapefruit oil. (iii) Moist shower cream.
- Bathing in warm water is recommended for dry skin. Avoid water which is too cold or hot that may harmful to your skin.
- Add some essential oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, or grapefruit essential oil.
- Avoid the use of soap since it makes dry and irritate the skin.
- Use a moist shower cream, shower gel and cleanser that made from natural ingredients.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer after bathing.
- How to Make Your Face Less Oily Throughout the Day
- How to Get Rid of Oily Skin on Face
- The best Face Wash for Dry Skin
- Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face
Perform one of the above steps in getting rid of dry skin on the face, if you find that the dry skin may persists, then consult the dermatologist is proper solution for you, in case there are skin problems underneath the dryness that need to reveal.