Wrinkles can appear anywhere, from the forehead, neck, cheeks and eyes, they all may develop wrinkles when certain conditions are met. One of the most worrying cases for most people is the forehead wrinkles. If you notice any of your forehead wrinkles, you might want to get rid of them immediately, as if you look through the mirror, they are even more apparent and get you more depressed.
Science has proven that no one able to stop time from marching on. Surely you also unable to stop those forehead wrinkles to show up over your face, but there is good news for those of you who are struggling with the wrinkles, as you may reduce the signs of aging that you may have, get rid of forehead wrinkles, and make them look better than ever.
Why Some People Develop Forehead Wrinkles?
In these days, the fine lines that form forehead wrinkles not only monopolized by those with elderly, which means among the youth, they also potentially have forehead wrinkles as a result of stress, fatigue and workload they might experience over the years.
This condition is not such nice experience, especially if you are aware of the appearance of forehead wrinkles lately and were not prepared for the lines at all.
However, from all particular reason which may be owned by the young, the aging factor remains the chief contributor to the forehead wrinkles. There are also several other causes that may potentially aggravate the forehead wrinkles, a few of them are;
The sun’s rays can damage collagen fibers and the resulting in a buildup of abnormal elastin. Under normal conditions, the metalloproteinase enzymes help repair some of the damage.
However, the rebuilding process over and over again can cause skin problems eventually. In addition, the UV rays from the sun also promote oxidation, which leads to skin disorders.
Smoking is bad for health, either internally or externally, smoking also causes damage to skin cells, because it leads to fragmentation and thickening of elastin, reduces the amount of oxygen supply to the skin, reducing the water content and inhibit the formation of collagen. Moreover, smoking can reduce the skin’s ability to ward off free radicals.
Air pollution can potentially cause damage to the skin because it thins the skin’s vitamin E which is an important antioxidant.
Heredity is a specific cause for any health problems, including forehead wrinkles. You may inherit the characteristics of the skin from your parents that could potentially cause those forehead wrinkles.
Facial expressions with continuous repetition may increase the potential. For some reasons, one can express anger, sadness, fear and pleasure in a certain time with a facial expression that forms lines across the forehead inadvertently.
Learning how to get rid of forehead wrinkles can be useful to slow down one of the visible signs of aging. Thankfully, you can grab some useful tips to meet the objectives of this treatment.
How to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles at Home Naturally
The approach to get rid of forehead wrinkles should avoid using artificial treatments that may burn your pocket. Instead, simply apply some home remedies easily available to get rid of fine lines and reduce forehead wrinkles out of your face.
Taking a Massage
There are numerous benefits of taking a massage for your skin; gently massage can increase blood circulation around the massaging area. It also improves skin elasticity, which in turn can reduce forehead wrinkles. You will need olive oil plus a little coconut oil, both will work well as a moisturizer to hydrate the skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Olive oil – sufficiently. (ii) Coconut oil – sufficiently.
- Pour a few drops of olive oil in the palm of your hand.
- Apply it on the forehead area accompanied by conducting gentle massage with downward to upward movement.
- Perform massage for about 10 minutes; you may also add coconut oil to obtain a better result.
- Follow this process every day for several weeks to reduce the furrow lines on your forehead.
Jojoba oil is rich in vitamin E, in which it is an essential component to improving the elasticity of the skin; hence it is very good for getting rid of forehead wrinkles. It also contains esters, which in conjunction with vitamin E acts to slow the aging process.
Ingredients you need: (i) Jojoba oil – a few drops.
- You’ll need a few drops of jojoba oil and apply on your forehead.
- Perform massage with the help of your finger with an upward movement for about two minutes. Leave for 20 minutes to stay.
- Rinse with warm water afterwards and repeat massaging every day for best results.
Free radical activity can worsen the condition of your skin and potentially cause forehead wrinkles. Coconut oil comes with a myriad of benefits to clean the buildup of free radicals in the skin due to the content of antioxidants. It also keeps the skin moisture and diminishes fine lines on the forehead in due course time.
Ingredients you need: (i) Coconut oil – sufficiently.
- Simply put a few drops of coconut oil over your forehead and perform a soothing massage.
- Allow it to stay for a few minutes to provide time to the skin to absorb the oil properly.
- Perform this method every day, preferably before sleep to get optimal results.
Health therapy by utilizing honey has become a favorite for some people. Besides for consumption, honey is excellent as an application on the skin. Honey is rich in antioxidants, helping the regeneration of cells and keep the skin moisture. Therefore it is very useful to get rid of forehead wrinkles.
Ingredients you need: (i) Manuka honey – sufficiently.
- You can soak a towel in warm water and squeeze excess water and apply on your forehead to open up the pores.
- Apply a thin application of honey to the forehead and leave on for approximately 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water followed by cold water to close the pores of the skin.
- Repeat this process every day to increase flexibility in the forehead skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids are some of the important compounds for achieving healthy skin. They are stored in flaxseed oil, so when consumed internally, it helps to lubricate the skin to the outer layer and is particularly useful for reducing fine lines on the forehead.
Ingredients you need: (i) Flaxseed oil – sufficiently.
- Simply take one or two tablespoons of flaxseed oil and consume it regularly.
- Repeat every day for a few weeks and note the significant changes in your forehead skin.
Castor oil has a light texture for the skin, it contains powerful antioxidants to fight free radicals. While Ricinoleic acid present in castor oil is very useful as a natural conditioning agent for the skin, thus it helps to reduce wrinkles that appear around the forehead.
Ingredients you need: (i) Castor oil – sufficiently.
- Take one or two drops of castor oil and apply on your forehead. Massage gently with the help of your fingers.
- Leave overnight and wash the next morning, repeat this process every day for several weeks.
- You may also apply castor oil during the day.
You can also come up with petroleum jelly which commonly found in most homes when it comes to the forehead wrinkles.
It makes the skin hydrated and prevents a person from the onset of fine lines on the forehead skin. However, there is a prohibition in the use of petroleum jelly, if you suffer from acne, avoid it to prevent more severe acne condition.
Ingredients you need: (i) Petroleum jelly – sufficiently.
- Just take a small amount of petroleum jelly and apply on your forehead, but you should moisten the forehead before application.
- Massage your forehead, so it does not feel too sticky and leave it overnight, rinse off in the next morning.
- Do this process every day for a few weeks and notice a nice change in your forehead wrinkles.
Lemon juice provides vitamin C and E which essential for healthy skin, in which it is appropriate for maintaining the smoothness of the skin.
It also contains flavonoids which strengthen the capillaries, improve the elastin and collagen in the skin, which in turn gives a youthful appearance to the skin and reduce fine lines on the forehead.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon juice – sufficiently. (ii) Cotton balls – clean ones. (iii) Rose water – sufficiently.
- Prepare a cup of fresh lemon juice and dip a cotton ball. Apply it on your forehead and let air dry. Rinse with water afterwards.
- You can also add some rosewater and apply as a facial treatment package including the forehead.
- Perform this treatment every day for several weeks until significant changes occur.
Note » In case you have a sensitive skin, dilute the lemon juice with water in the same amount. Avoid direct exposure to the sun after application.
A Few Essential Tips to Prevent Forehead Wrinkles
There is no age limit to appear, one by the age of 20 can develop wrinkles when applying to unhealthy lifestyles.
Most of the time, it depends a lot on how well you implement the appropriate skin care, either externally or internally. Thus, you may follow the following tips to get a smooth skin free of wrinkles.
No More Smoking
Apply Moisturizer Over the Forehead
Protect You Forehead
Wear Sunglasses and Cover Your Head
Stay Away from Stress
Taking a healthy diet with nutritious food intake consists of mostly meat to increase protein intake. You can also take fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C, E, B3, and A, due to deficiency of these vitamins may lead to certain skin disorders, including wrinkles.
People take cigarettes as part of a lifestyle; unfortunately, it tends to aggravate the skin condition. Smoking results in the blood vessels in the epidermal layer to constrict and reduce blood supply, it raises skin wrinkles eventually.
Applying a moisturizer can improve the skin moisture, due to it works by hydrating the skin which has the benefit of preventing forehead wrinkles.
As people age, the natural oil production decreased and potentially cause dryness of the skin. The skin turns less elastic and causes the fine lines around the forehead. You can also increase your water intake to keep the skin moisture.
It is imperative to protect the skin from direct exposure to sunlight because the sun can cause a number of skin disorders in a period of time.
The UV rays of the sun are the leading cause of forehead wrinkles. You can apply sunscreen with SPF +; even you can also apply it during the winter. Wearing a broad – brimmed hat can be a solution to prevent exposure to the sun as well.
Do not forget to wear sunglasses when going out, and it is useful to reduce the potential of forehead wrinkles.
Covering the head during cold weather can protect you from dry skin because the cold can cause the formation of wrinkles in the forehead.
Stress and anxiety are the great enemies for the health; they contribute significantly to the formation of forehead wrinkles as well. Take a good sleep, exercise, meditation, and relaxation are some easy ways to avoid stress.
You can fight forehead wrinkled with time and patience because in the beginning, they seem impregnable. Therefore, try one of them at least a month to see significant changes in your forehead wrinkles.