Many unpleasant things can happen when you have oily skin, such as blackheads, pimples and blemishes as well as other things that make your skin look shiny and tangle.
You certainly want to know how to get rid of oily skin without making your face becomes dry and changing your skin into a radiant and fresh look.
This time we will discuss how to achieve a solution in healthy skin using natural home remedies which passed down from generation to generation, thanks for your ancestors for this. But before going any further, let us find out first more about oily skin.
What Are Common Causes of Oily Skin?
You need to learn about oily skin, to figure out how to control the production of the excess oil. Here are some factors as the trigger the production of oil on your facial skin.
Excessive sebum production by the sebaceous glands.
Heredity is a major trigger for the emergence of excess oil production, for example, people who have black hair produce more oil than people with blonde or fair hair.
Sebum contains a waxy substance that protect your skin. When the production of sebum exceeds the threshold, your skin will attract more dirt and make your face look greasy and dirty resulting in the appearance of acne on your face.
Other factors that can affect the production of excess oil including stress, hormonal changes, pregnancy, puberty and the use of oral contraceptives.
Some of the factors mentioned are the triggers of oily skin, you certainly cannot control the first cause, but by knowing the tips on how to reduce oily skin, you can do the treatment for other causes as well.
Speedy Home Remedies for Oily Skin on Face
Here are some home remedies that you can get easily to get rid of oily skin on your face. The main purpose of home remedies is to control the production of excess oil on the skin, especially in the T area on your face, so that sebum can work properly to protect your skin.
Lemon juice contains high in vitamin C and tested home remedy for oily skin. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon juice – one teaspoon. (ii) Cold water – sufficiently. (iii) Glycerin soap – sufficiently.
- Put a teaspoon of lemon juice into a bowl of cold water.
- Use the mixture to gently massage your skin, make sure the entire face is covered with the lemon juice.
- Leave it for ten to fifteen minutes then rinse off your face with glycerin soap.
- This is an ancient way that proved frees your skin of annoying oil.
Apple Facial Massage
Apples contain glycolic acid, which can help the regeneration of the skin and cleanse the pores. It also can maintain the balance of the skin pH levels.
Ingredients you need: (i) Apple – one. (ii) Clean water.
- Make a small pieces of apple, after peeled of course.
- Rub the apple slices to your face with a gently massage.
- Wait about an hour and then wash your face with clean water.
- This method is effective to make your skin oil free and radiant. Easy enough right?
Almond and Honey Scrub
In addition to healthy, almonds can be used to control the oil production in your facial skin. When it combined with honey, they can work as a facial scrub to remove oil and dead skin cells.
Ingredients you need: (i) Almond oil – sufficiently. (ii) Honey – sufficiently.
- Take a small amount of grounded almonds and mix with honey.
- Apply to your face, especially oily areas with a gently massage, but do not rub your skin.
- Leave for ten to fifteen minutes and rinse off with clean water afterwards.
Oatmeal and Aloe Vera
Oatmeal is one of the basic ingredients for a mask that works great for oily skin. It works as an oil absorbent and makes the skin softer naturally.
It is also a good moisturizer so that it can avoid the risk of skin irritation.You may use oatmeal and aloe Vera for facial scrub. Here’s how.
Ingredients you need: (i) Oatmeal – sufficiently. (ii) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently.
- Combine oatmeal and aloe Vera in the same amount to form a paste.
- Apply to your face while gently rubbed.
- Rinse your face after ten or fifteen minutes later.
Aloe Vera is a remarkable agent for oily skin problems, applying on your skin provides many benefits in controlling the production of oil on the face.
You can keep this gel in the refrigerator to get a sense of fresh and cool on the face. This method is also one of the ancient natural tips to prevent oily skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently.
- Take aloe Vera gel gently and apply throughout your face and let it dry.
- Do not forget to wash your face before using this therapy.
- You can use aloe Vera gel once or twice a day or according to your needs.
Milk, Honey and Lemon Juice
These three natural ingredients can be obtained easily, as they already become are general consumption for most families.
Ingredients you need: (i) Fresh milk – sufficiently. (ii) Honey – one tablespoon. (iii) Lemon juice – one tablespoon.
- Put one tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add a few tablespoons of milk into it and stir to form a paste.
- Apply this paste all over your face and wait for ten to fifteen minutes, then rinse your face with clean water.
Note »You should do this treatment before a bath; you can see the efficacy of this natural mask as a bleaching agent and to prevent oily skin.
The use of the fuller’s earth for a facial mask is an ancient natural yet effective way to prevent oily skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Fuller’s Earth – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
- Simply mix the fuller’s earth with water to form a paste.
- Apply all over your face and leave for ten minutes and then rinse with clean water.
Fuller’s Earth with Orange or Lemon Juice
With the addition of lemon juice, it can increase the effectiveness in controlling the production of oil on your face.
Ingredients you need: (i) Fuller’s Earth – sufficiently. (ii) Lemon juice – one teaspoon.
- Like the previous process, just mix one teaspoon of fuller earth with half a teaspoon of lemon juice or orange.
- Make a paste from the mixture, apply to your face and leave for about ten minutes.
- Rinse your face with water thoroughly.
Knowing the Facts about Oily Skin
The oily skin is not as bad as you think, there are some positive points about the appearance of oil on your skin.
The oil production in the skin is a natural process as part of your metabolism, the oil in the skin serves to protect your skin with the aid of moisturizing the skin, making your skin stays hydrated naturally.
All you have to do is to keep the pores of your skin clean so that you can prevent the excess oil production. Perform cleaning of the dead skin cells and oil by gently rubbing your face.
Prevent clogged pores by avoiding the use of damp makeups. Stay away from sweet, fried, cheesy heavy foods, because they trigger the formation of oily skin.
- How to Make Your Face Less Oily Throughout the Day
- How to Get Rid of Dry Skin on Face Fast
- What is the Best Face Wash for Dry Skin
- Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face
The tips you’ve read above are natural ways on how to stop and prevent oily skin, but the most important is that if you do care naturally, you can get many advantages in terms of skin health. The skin will look bright, fresh and free of oil, as they keep yourself from harmful chemical substances.