Are you always get exposed to sunlight, pollution, windy weather or experiencing the winter? If so, you may often get havoc that tends to make you skin dry as the skin losses its moisture.
Dry skin can damage your appearance and create further problems to the skin. The lack of moisture of the skin make your skin becomes dehydrated, cracked, loss of flexibility, scaly, even itchy.
Dry skin should be treated extra carefully and need frequent monitoring of its moisture level, as soon as you notice your skin becomes dry, perform a proper treatment to avoid the growth of bacteria on the skin. If you are late, your skin will be susceptible to infection and make you expend more energy to restore the healthy condition of your skin.
Technically, when your skin turns dry, you only need to restore its moisture; therefore, an effective moisturizer is required to perform this task.
If you hear the word ‘moisturizer,’ your mind may drift to the dry skin care products that sold in the market. It is a quick solution to overcome the dry skin; however, these products do not always work well, as they loaded by chemical ingredients that may harm your skin.
The most secure method is to apply home remedies for dry skin that come from natural ingredients and safe for the dry skin as well as no side effects.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face
We’ve picked out some of the appropriate natural ingredients that should be able to use as home remedies to take care of your dry skin. Do it constantly to get optimal results on your skin.
Coconut oil contains large amounts of fatty acids that are useful to substitute the loss of moisture on the skin. This oil is readily available and works as a natural moisturizer for dry skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Coconut oil. (ii) Warm water.
- Apply on your face before bed and rinse it the next morning.
- Use regularly and get sparkling skin.
Honey and Avocado
These two types of natural foods are widely consumed as they give many benefits for our health. When combined, they may work as a powerful facial mask for combating dry skin. Besides, making a facial mask made from avocado and honey was not as difficult as you might think.
Ingredients you need: (i) Avocado. (ii) Honey.
- Mashed avocado adequately, plus a couple of teaspoons of natural honey.
- Mix evenly to form a paste, apply on your face and wait for 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
Note » Sterolin and humectants mixture of avocado and honey will work effectively to moisturize the dry skin.
Olive Oil and Egg Yolk
Egg yolks and olive oil, each of them has been known in providing the health benefits for the skin. If you mix them, you will get a facial mask which can work to improve dry skin conditions.
Olive oil works as a natural antioxidant, as it is rich in vitamins E and K, whereas the egg yolk is rich in vitamin A which makes your skin smooth and soft.
Ingredients you need: (i) Olive oil – two teaspoons. (ii) Egg yolks – two. (iii) Lemon juice and rose water.
- Simply mix one or two egg yolks along with one or two teaspoons of olive oil.
- Apply throughout the face and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with clean water afterwards.
- For better results, add a few drops of lemon juice and rose water.
Note » If you can’t stand the fishy smell of egg yolks, simply do not mix them, and apply olive oil only instead.
Petroleum jelly is a natural ingredient which is very effective to restore moisture to dry skin conditions. It is working by scaly skin peeling that makes your skin soft and smooth.
Ingredients you need: (i) Petroleum jelly. (ii) Glycerin.
- Apply over your dry skin, and add the glycerin in an amount equal to create more useful properties.
- Do this once a week to prevent skin damages.
Castor oil acts as natural astringent that removes all impurities from your skin. The high content of vitamin E and ricinoleic acid from castor oil protect your skin from dryness in winter, soap and warm water. Simply apply castor oil in the dry areas of your skin, let it seep naturally and feel the coolness.
Oatmeal is a healthy diet that rich in protein and good for your health. When it rubbed onto the skin, it helps in moisturizing and reduce dry skin, due to its nature as a barrier to water loss in the skin and retain moisture.
Ingredients you need: (i) Oatmeal. (ii) Ripe banana. (iii) Cold water.
- Make a facial mask made of oatmeal and a cup of mashed ripe banana.
- Stir evenly and add a little warm milk.
- Apply on dry areas on your skin and leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and do once a week.
Note » The content of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory in the oatmeal will provide the overall health of your skin.
Banana and Yogurt
Banana is natural ingredient that is most recommended to treat dry skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Banana – one. (ii) Plain yogurt.
- Mash a banana into a pulp and apply as a facial mask.
- Wait for 20 minutes then rinse off with clean water.
- To add the effectiveness, you can mix pulp with plain yogurt.
- Perform once a week for the desired result.
Note » The strength of two mixtures of natural foods make your skin moist and help exfoliate the dead skin cells.
Applying aloe Vera on the skin provides many health benefits that have been done since ages. It is an ancestral heritage to maintain overall skin health. Antiseptic, soothing and anti-fungal properties of aloe Vera combat your dry skin condition and prevents flaky and irritation.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera leaf. (ii) Clean water.
- Take the gel of aloe Vera leaf and apply directly to your dry skin.
- Let stand for 10 or 15 minutes then rinse with clean water afterwards.
- Perform twice a day and two or three times a week.
High content of vitamin E from almond oil becomes lubricants and emollients that are good for dry skin. Besides the antioxidant content of almond oil gives more benefits to your skin. As it is non-greasy, almond oil is easily absorbed by the skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Almond oil. (ii) Warm milk.
- Apply almond oil on your face, gently massage skin for several minutes.
- Leave for 30 minutes then rinse off with warm water. Perform once a day.
- You can also enjoy a glass of warm milk plus a teaspoon of almond oil before your long sleep every night and get the healthier skin.
- How to Get Rid of Dry Skin on Face Fast Permanently
- How to Make Your Face Less Oily Throughout the Day
- How to Get Rid of Oily Skin on Face
- Best Face Wash for Dry Skin
Try one of them and repeat regularly to relieve dry skin problems and restore the texture and softness of the skin.