Almond oil has a myriad of efficacy for beauty, especially for skin beauty. Many women turn to natural remedies to deal with beauty and as of the popularity of almond oils is increasing recently, it becomes one of the particular ways to address many of the complaints of beauty.
It is one of many types of oils loaded with supplements, and valuable properties, such as antioxidants, vitamins, essential minerals, healthy fats and proteins, and rich in oleic and linoleic acid. This oil is particularly useful to help the skin and hair treatments, as well vital for improving our overall health.
Sweet Almond Oil Properties
People familiar with the almond oil in two separate types: sweet and bitter almond oils. They take the sweet almond oil (pure almond oil), especially for therapeutic purposes while the other one is meant for flavor and scent.
Sweet almond oil contains lots of natural properties which is useful for the purpose of refinement, and you can find some of them in the following list.
- Anti-Inflammatory, it mitigates nuisance when ingested or topically.
- Antioxidant, one of them as a gently cancer preventive agent.
- Immune Booster, improve the immunity from different case of diseases.
- Anti-Hepatotoxic, helps the liver in wiping out toxins as performed by castor oil.
- Emollient, treating the vascular problems like hemorrhoids and varicose veins.
- Diuretic, softening the purgative activity and soothes obstruction.
- Pain Relieving, almond oil is a gentle pain palliative.
- Muscle Relaxation, Alleviate the sore muscles with a gentle massage using almond oil.
- Cicatrizing, helps wound healing faster.
- Anti-Dandruff, getting rid of dandruff from the scalp.
Is Almond Oil Good for Skin Care?
Almond oil can be classified into non greasy lubricants, as it has a quick absorption rate and non-comedogenic, making it excellent in taking care of the skin. Massaging using almond oil, provides a great benefit for the health of your skin as it works as a lubricant and emollient for eliminating dry, flaky, irritated skin and prevent from the skin spots.
Unlike sweet almond oil, the bitter one is an essential oil which is much more intended for flavor and scent. This oil is not appropriate for any skin treatment whatsoever, neither for moisturizing or aromatherapy.
It’s just meant commonly for the smell. Although almond oil preferably used for skin care, you can also get the health benefits for any other parts of your body. In other words, sweet almond oil can be used to treat various hair and beauty problems as well.
Health Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil for Skin Treatment
One single bottle of almond oil may last for a long time. You can buy sweet almond oil for skin in most health stores or pharmacies; it is inexpensive and easy to use. Below you can find various health benefits of sweet almond oil particularly for skin care that you might not know about, read it carefully and find out how to use this versatile oil to maintain a healthy skin.
Keep the Skin Healthy and Young
Sweet almond oil is beneficial for moisturizing your skin. It contains vitamins E, A, B and nutrients in abundance amount, friendly to the skin and make your skin supple and young.
Moreover, sweet almond oil has the non-comedogenic properties and acts as a non-greasy lubricant; thus, the skin easily absorb the sweet almond oil without clogging the pores.
Considering that many nutrients can be taken from almond oil, make it a versatile natural oil, and provides health benefits for the skin care, also helped for several things including,
- Remove impurities on the skin.
- Keep the skin radiant.
- Moisturizing the skin in natural way.
- Relieve irritation and skin inflammation.
- Treating dry, flaky and irritated skin as well keeping balance of the skin.
- Making supple, smooth and softens the skin.
- Reducing the signs of skin aging and treating chapped lips.
- Puree ¼ avocado and mix along with 1 teaspoon each of pure almond oil and honey.
- Apply the paste formed on the face or other skin areas.
- Wait for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water afterwards
Reduces Wrinkles and Signs of Skin Aging
Have you ever noticed and found the signs of aging on your faces such as fine lines and wrinkles that spoil your appearance? Then you should not hesitate to use almond oil to overcome such conditions.
Sweet almond oil for facial skin care, works by facilitating the tightening of aged and dull skin as well lessening the fine lines and the wrinkles appearance. The applicability of almond oil as a skin lotion promote the skin moisture improvement, which results in skin freshness for a longer time.
- Wash off your face from impurities, dust and make up before applying sweet almond oil. Use lukewarm water to optimize the cleaning effect.
- Take a teaspoon of almond oil and place on the fire to warm it up.
- Add two drops of vitamin E that you can extract from Vitamin E capsule.
- Apply the oil over your face or skin, while gently massage your face for a few minutes so that the oil is completely absorbed by the skin.
- Clean your face using tissue afterward and pat dry your face with water, for better results, apply oil before bed and leave overnight.
Reduces Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes
If you have puffy and dark circles around your eyes, almond oil can be a natural solution for the problems. Fatigue or working too long usually lead to this condition. Use sweet almond oil for dark circles as an eye cream, due to its anti-aging properties it helps to get rid of puffy eyes or dark circles which annoy your appearance.
- Apply one or two drops of sweet almond oil around your eyes which suffering from puffy eyes or dark circles.
- Massage gently using your fingertips and leave for one night to allow almond oil working around your eyes.
- To obtain the optimal results, you can add organic honey as an ingredient in applying around the eyes.
- Wash your face with cold water the next day.
Note » The use of sweet almond oil for dark circles must performed every day until you earn the desired results.
Good for Exfoliating the Skin
There are several external factors such as pollution, sweat, impurities and sunlight exposure that cause skin cells die resulting in your skin looks dull eventually. If you found yourself trapped in this condition, you can use sweet almond oil to remove impurities and dead skin cells, making your skin turned to bright.
- Mix one tablespoon each of raw sugar and almond oil, use this mixture as a facial scrub by rubbing evenly throughout your face.
- Massage gently with your fingers in a circular motion, and let the scrub removes the dead skin cells from the skin.
- Perform this process prior shower and proceed with your bath.
- You may use another method as well by taking several gram of flour, one teaspoon of milk and one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Crush 4-5 almonds and mix all the ingredients to form a paste, apply the paste as a facial mask and massage gently for several minutes, leave for 30 minutes then rinse off with clean water.
Note » Both of the scrub and facial mask can penetrate deep into the pores of the skin to exfoliate your skin from head to toe.
It is Good for Dry Skin
Dry skin raises separate issues, but with the presence of sweet almond oil, dry skin is not a problem anymore, the high content of vitamin E from almonds, making it as an appropriate lubricant and emollient for dry skin.
- Apply several drops of sweet almond oil as a moisturizer on dry areas of your skin
- Do this routine before going to bed, leave overnight and rinse off in the morning to get the supple skin.
It is Good for Sun Protector
The ultraviolet rays that come from the sun are the external factors that may harm your skin, resulting in wrinkles, sunburn, skin aging and even skin cancer. Almond oil serves to protect the skin from UV A and UV B, in which it may act as SPF 5 for about 50 minutes. It also contains vitamin E which makes the skin soft and supple as well repairs the damage that might exist.
It is Good for Makeup Remover
Almond oil is a type of oils that is non-greasy and very light, therefore it can be used as an ideal makeup remover. When applied to the skin, this oil may open the pores and sweep away the makeup over the skin, resulting in a clean and healthy skin.
Cream for Hand and Foot
Your skin can absorb the sweet almond oil easily, so that you may use it for a hand and foot cream. Additionally, sweet almond oil contains zinc, non-greasy and light properties, making it effective for getting rid of cracked skin on your body.
It is Good for Lip Balm
Use the sweet almond oil as lip balm to cure cracked lips and make your lips supple and soft.
- Mix each of several tablespoons of almond oil and honey in equal amount.
- Place into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Whenever you feel your lips dry, simply apply the mixture to your lips.
Maintain Healthy and Strong Nails
The high content of potassium and zinc from sweet almond oil has benefits for health and strength of your nails. Take a few drops of organic almond oil, apply every day on the nail with a gently massage, it causes them less prone to breakage and flaking.
11. Good for Skin Acne Treatment
Impurities and sebum are the main causes of acne that lead to a clogged of the skin pores. The sweet almond oil contains fatty acids that easily dissolves dirt and sebum in the skin pores, thus frees the skin from acne. It also performs repairs on damaged skin that makes it shiny and healthy.
- Mix almond oil and honey in equal amount and pour into a small bowl.
- Apply it on your entire face and leave for 20 minutes, rinse off with clean water afterwards and pat dry.
Remove The Stretch Marks
Besides the various benefits that already mentioned, the sweet almond oil helps in tightening the skin when applied to the skin, as it also has the emollient properties. Therefore this oil is excellent for reducing stretch marks.
- Apply a few drops of almond oil on the area of the stretch marks, gently massage in a circular motion using your fingertips for five minutes.
- Do this process twice a day and after bathing.
Good for Skin Tan Treatment
Due to frequent exposure to sunlight, sun-tan may appears on your skin. The sweet almond oil can help to eliminate this condition. Not only that, this oil fills the moisture on the skin as a result of sun exposure.
- Prepare milk powder honey, almond oil and lime juice.
- Combine all ingredients in equal amount to form a paste.
- Apply the paste throughout your face and leave for 25 minutes.
- Rinse off with clean water afterwards.
Additional Information about Sweet Almond Oil
There are more information about this oil and you should aware when using it as skin care treatments to obtain optimal results.
- Pure almond oil has emollient properties that can give strength and rejuvenate the skin also softens the skin.
- To cover the entire face, use only a few drops of almond oil. It is non-greasy oils which absorbed into the skin more easily and leaves a small amount of residue.
- Do not forget to test the sensitivity of the skin before applying any kind of oils. Simply apply a little oil on the wrist and wait for any reaction that may occurs within 24 hours.
If there is a natural versatile product which you can use for your entire life, the answer is almond oil.